Repeat Viewings of Rocky Movies

MattW

Company Man
Registered
Reaction score
They're showing a Rocky marathon (1-3) on the Philly channel. In watching some of the bits, I'm struck by the humor of exchanges by Rocky and Mickey. Never saw the movies close enough together or very recently, maybe I was too young to get anything but the boxing parts. Good stuff.

II
Rocky
: What's that in your ear there?
Mickey: What it is, is I hear stupid things better.

Rocky: It's Apollo.
Mickey: Who were you expecting?
Rocky: I was hoping he wouldn't show

Mickey: Left handed fighters they're the worst. They try to come in there with that big left. Right's no damn good. They ought to outlaw southpaws!
Rocky Balboa: Why didn't you tell me that before?
Mickey: I didn't want to hurt your feelings.

III
Mickey
: Call the fight off!
Rocky: It's for the charity.
Mickey: Nobody would do something like this for charity.
Rocky: Bob Hope would.

Mickey: I seen wrestlers as big as dinosaurs. You ever fought a dinosaur, kid?
Rocky: Not lately.
Mickey: They can inflict a variety of damage!

Ha! A variety of damage!

zahra

Was Zahra; lost profile - REBORN!
Registered
Reaction score
Yep, there are some films you have to get a little hair on your chest/chest to appreciate.

Reaction score
They are all amazing.

Okay, maybe not V, but 1-4 and 6 are amazing.

"I get noyvous everytime he does that."

MattW

Company Man
Registered
Reaction score
Yep, there are some films you have to get a little hair on your chest/chest to appreciate.
I'll check back when I get some more hairs.

TheGaffer

Docking Bay 94
Registered
Reaction score
They're showing a Rocky marathon (1-3) on the Philly channel. In watching some of the bits, I'm struck by the humor of exchanges by Rocky and Mickey. Never saw the movies close enough together or very recently, maybe I was too young to get anything but the boxing parts. Good stuff.

Mickey: Left handed fighters they're the worst. They try to come in there with that big left. Right's no damn good. They ought to outlaw southpaws!
Rocky Balboa: Why didn't you tell me that before?
Mickey: I didn't want to hurt your feelings.

You're missing a line from that -- so I gotta point it out. Mick says after saying southpaws are the worst, "Always lead with their face. Waiting to throw that big left."

From the first movie, too:

"You got heart, kid, but you fight like a g*ddamned ape! Only thing special about you is, you never got your nose broken, so leave it that way, nice and pretty with what's left of your mind."

also, when a young female fan wants his autograph:

"Get outta here! Don't ever interrupt me in my place of business...run your little chicken asses outta here."

and the 2nd:

"Carry this for me, kid. Because I liked you a lot better when you was carryin' spit."

MattW

Company Man
Registered
Reaction score
You're missing a line from that -- so I gotta point it out. Mick says after saying southpaws are the worst, "Always lead with their face. Waiting to throw that big left."
Thanks for sorting me out, ya bum.