PDA

View Full Version : Did I get this right? Wound question

Fenika
06-29-2007, 09:07 PM
Okay, so I think I have the right idea, but it would be sad if I botched it (and yes, I'm prolly being picky)-
My MC get's stabbed by a knife in her outer thigh, lets say left leg. So that means right on the edge of her quadrice... quads. (quadriceps... yeah, thats it)
So anyways, she's in a dirty dungeon, and a day later jumps into a dirty river... so an infection develops in the wound, but her friends catch it early.
So, she has a moderately infected, moderately deep knife wound. I'm imagining this would cause her to 'limp' no matter how stoic she tried to be, but since the quads are extensors (ie- stretch and hold up the leg) this would make her lift her leg funny.
Now, would a wound like that cause her to also be uncomfortable putting weight on the leg (remember, she's stoic- so would it be so uncomforable she would limp when lifting And placing?)
Has anyone actually been stabbed in the leg?

Cheers,
Christina

Vanatru
06-29-2007, 10:23 PM
Now, would a wound like that cause her to also be uncomfortable putting weight on the leg (remember, she's stoic- so would it be so uncomforable she would limp when lifting And placing?)
Has anyone actually been stabbed in the leg?

Cheers,
Christina

:) It might be a bit awkward. How deep was the cut and how long was it?

She'll limp as much as you want her to, that's the good thing about being a Writing God/Dess.

I had a 3" long blade driven into the top side of me leg, between the bone and outer side of the leg. About 6" up from the knee cap. It hurt, and walking was awkward for a while.

Fenika
06-29-2007, 10:29 PM
Ouchie.
I'm thinking just one smooth stab, no slicing, with a blade that's a few inches long (so maybe it would be more acurate to say it's a deep wound, hmmm)

Do you remember how you walked awkwardly? Did you have trouble extending the leg? putting weight on?

Cheers,
Christina

mommyjo2
06-29-2007, 10:34 PM
It also would depend on the infection level. Are we talking about a little redness, or gangrene? Different pain levels, and all.

Vanatru
06-30-2007, 01:05 AM
Ouchie.

Do you remember how you walked awkwardly? Did you have trouble extending the leg? putting weight on?

It was only awkward when we keep hitting it. After that, the little jolts from hobbling were nothing.

Once things settled down I squirted some ethanol based hand cleaner in it and slapped a first aid pack on it. Moving the leg, bending it was fine. Putting weight on it hurt for a week or so, but the months end I was hopping along just fine. I was more worried about the scab breaking open again than anything else.

If you want gruesome details, just PM (peem) me. :)

Fenika
06-30-2007, 01:32 AM
Moderate infection, but also caught early- making it lean toward mild-moderate...

PM sent, Vanatru. What do ya mean we kept hitting it? Who was hitting and how? lol

:)
Christina