Deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChunkyC

Re: Why do I keep getting logged off?

I believe that's an ezboard glitch. Many of us get punted out periodically and have to log back in. I posted over in the Take It Outside/Screaming Thread about being asked to log in while my name still showed in the list of people logged in. Go figure.

Nateskate

Thanks for the reply

At present, I think I'll just log in every time I post. That seems to work better than logging in and assuming I'm still in. Although it is an annoying thing.

Shadow Ferret

Re: Thanks for the reply

Is your browser set to not accept cookies? Or do you have a program that deletes cookies? I downloaded one of those spyware programs, Spyware Doctor and it kept a TSR program that deleted cookies as each internet site tried to install it. Unfortunately, it did that without asking and because of it I kept getting bumped off of ezboard until I shut that program down.

Nateskate

Good idea. I checked though and my privacy setting is on medium which does allow for cookies.

sc211

I think I know what you're talking about, Nate.

It's where you write some great, insightful reply, hauling out books to get the perfect quote, and then you press Add Reply and up comes a screen telling you that you forgot some field.

So you press Back, and everything you wrote is gone.

After a few mornings of swearing, I figured out that what it's asking for is your password, and that the easiest way to tell if you're already signed in is if the little buttons, like "image," are to the left of this write-in space.

What fixed it for me was handing a few twenties to a one-armed doorman in Equador. I also changed my password and told it to keep me signed in, and so far it's worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.