PDA

View Full Version : Two shorts submitted

Sean D. Schaffer
06-29-2007, 04:40 AM
Hi everyone!

I thought you'd all like to know that I now have two short stories submitted, each to a separate company. I haven't heard anything back from the first one yet, and I just submitted the other one via email a couple minutes ago.

This is probably the most submissions I've done at one time in my life. I'm hoping I can keep the momentum going and find the wherewithal to continue writing and submitting new stories. I hope a company accepts one of them pretty soon. Even a token payment would be pretty darned nice.

Have a good day everyone!

:)

Soccer Mom
06-29-2007, 04:53 AM
:hooray: Good for you, Sean!

NiennaC
06-29-2007, 06:07 AM
Good luck Sean! And congrats on sending out the work. Hope you hear good news.

Sury
06-29-2007, 06:29 AM
That's wonderful, Sean! GOOD LUCK with the submissions!

Sury

Sean D. Schaffer
06-29-2007, 06:50 AM
Thank you kindly, everyone.

I still haven't heard on the first piece yet (I sent it out a few days ago to a print magazine) so I'm hoping they're actually looking it over and seriously considering it. The second one I submitted earlier today, so I can't imagine I'll be hearing from the e-zine for at least the next day or two.

I wish you all the very best with your own writing careers, and if I can submit shorts to mags, then I believe anyone can.

Don Allen
06-29-2007, 06:56 AM
Good luck Sean, they can't say yes if you don't send them out....

Mandy-Jane
06-29-2007, 07:53 AM
Good luck. Hope it works out for you.

Kudra
06-29-2007, 10:13 AM
Way to go, Sean!

Stijn Hommes
06-29-2007, 12:33 PM
Good luck!

Saundra Julian
06-29-2007, 02:52 PM
Keeping fingers crossed...I wish you the very best!

Calla Lily
06-29-2007, 03:26 PM
Congratulations! Good luck!

Sean D. Schaffer
06-29-2007, 03:48 PM
Thanks again so much! I still haven't heard from the first company yet, but it's not even 5 AM here, so I think I could probably hear from them today. If not, maybe they're still considering.

I am not enjoying the waiting game, as anyone probably wouldn't, but at least it's good to know I have a couple stories out there. Also, I'm working on two more shorts and a novel all at one time. I don't know how I became so creative all of a sudden, but I'm glad my writing is coming along so well.

ETA:

I just now read my email, and found that one of my submissions has been rejected. However, the company in question has invited me to submit more of my work to them. The editor said there was a lot he liked about my writing.

I'll be sure to submit the same piece, now, to another company and see if perhaps I can get it published through them. But in the mean time I wanted you all to know how everything's been going.

Still haven't heard anything on the first piece, with the other company. I look forward to hearing what they have to say about the first piece. In the mean time, I'm off, to find another market for my second story.

Talk to you all later!

Sean D. Schaffer
07-05-2007, 04:40 PM
Hi again, everyone,

I'm bumping the thread only because I wanted to let you all know I haven't heard anything yet from either the first mag I submitted to, or the third one I submitted to. I hope they like what they read, but I'm beginning to worry about the first company. As I have never submitted shorts before, I worry I might be waiting too long. But on the same token, I frankly don't know.

Soccer Mom
07-05-2007, 04:55 PM
No. It's not too long. Check duotrope and they can give you a ballpark of how long to expect a wait. Some markets take months to reply and some only take weeks. Just keep writing and submitting. I'm so proud of you for taking the plunge on submissions. It's really scary at first to throw your work out there for possible rejection.

Sean D. Schaffer
07-05-2007, 06:38 PM
No. It's not too long. Check duotrope and they can give you a ballpark of how long to expect a wait. Some markets take months to reply and some only take weeks. Just keep writing and submitting. I'm so proud of you for taking the plunge on submissions. It's really scary at first to throw your work out there for possible rejection.

Right on. That's good to know.

I appreciate your letting me know about that. All this time I thought the lengthy wait was only for novels. My bad.

Have a good day today.

III
07-05-2007, 06:40 PM
Hang tough, Sean and good luck!

stormie
07-05-2007, 06:44 PM
Great going, Sean! Congrats! (And fingers crossed for you.)

Twizzle
07-05-2007, 08:13 PM
awesome attitude sending it right back out there!!! congrats! and great feedback from the editor. The waiting is tortuous, isn't it?

Take the advice and check Duotrope. Most publication's guidelines will specify their response time, too. My longest so far has been 5 mos. :( Hang in there and make sure to tell us how it goes!

oarsman
07-05-2007, 09:13 PM
...sending more good luck your way, Sean!

Sean D. Schaffer
07-13-2007, 07:51 AM
Hi again everyone!

I wanted you all to know I've sent out a third story, the other day. It's another Erotica piece, and that makes a total of three shorts I've submitted to four mags.

WriterInChains
07-13-2007, 08:07 AM
Way to go! Congrats on getting personal comments from an editor too -- that's always nice.

Break a leg! :)
~C