A wonderful compliment

Southern_girl29

Registered
Reaction score
One of my co-workers agreed to be a beta reader for my novel. He read it, and he let his mom read it, too. It's young adult, and he's pretty young. Not young enough to be young adult, but close. Anyway, he gave me a lot of constructive criticism, but his mom made my day. She said my writing reminded her a lot of Laura Ingalls Wilder's writing. She couldn't put her finger on why, but it just did.

This is a huge compliment to me. When I was in the second grade, I read my first "Little House" book. I've wanted to be a writer ever since. I could only wish people would love my book as much as they love hers, but I still enjoyed the compliment.

Toothpaste

THE RECKLESS RESCUE is out now!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.adriennekress.com
Aw that is really very nice, and I consider it a huge compliment seeing as when I was little I was obsessed with the little house books! The Long Winter was my favourite.

zahra

Was Zahra; lost profile - REBORN!
Registered
Reaction score
I used to love those books! Nice comparison.

Now put on your bonnet and go and milk the cow.

Don Allen

Seeking a Sanctuary of Intelligence
Registered
Reaction score
I never read any of her books but I used drive past he birth place all the time and swore that one day I would.. till this day I still swear... That is a nice compliment... She was an amazing woman...