• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Romance writing partner wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.

PortableHal

Not-so-new
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.marsneedswriters.com
In the past, I've sold a large number of articles and a little short fiction. My wife and I sold a Hardy Boys mystery that went through multiple printings and was published in the USA and UK.

Sad fact: There are no royalties on a work-for-hire Hardy Boys mystery.

We recently lost our agent when our proposed YA mystery series didn't sell. We "lost" the agent when she quit taking our phone calls. We had called twice in a four month period. (Although, to be fair, we HAD e-mailed four times as well.) One publisher thought the first novel in our trilogy was too scary; one thought it was too old-fashioned; one loved the writing but hated the concept. And so it goes.

My wife is discouraged and is now directing her creative energies elsewhere. I'm looking to jump start my own enthusiasm by partnering with someone new for a romance novel. Ideally, I'd like a partner that is well along in her or his own romance novel and feels that they could use a writing partner to improve their book and make it more sellable.

I'm not so good at plotting novels but I'm very good at making them better. I'm interesting in working on a romance novel because, frankly, romance novels tend to sell more easily than other genre fiction. I'd love to see a publisher's paycheck again.

If you're interested, please send a private message via AbsoluteWrite. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.