iPhone

Will you be buying an iPhone?

• Total voters

Danger Jane

Registered
Reaction score
Definitely not. My phone is a $15 pos and um...going to remain so until next february, when my contract's up.

It has no faceplate or battery cover. I taped the battery in. Mi madre will not allow me to get texting on my plan. My phone's worthless.

Mysti

Aurora, CO is my new home!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.awritersnook.com
I definitely don't have a need for the iPhone. I have email at home, a great working land line and text messaging is, in my opinion, a waste of time. It takes much less time to speak than click buttons.

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Don't care how many music files it can hold, if it doesn't charge me for "roaming", or how many elves it has feeding me chocolate ice cream. I have absolutely no use for a cell phone. I tried a "pay as you go" phone and I should have just flushed the money I spent on it down the toilet. Much as I love Macs (*huggles G3*), I ain't on board for this one.

Reaction score
I will not be purchasing one at this juncture.

When the price comes down and the AT & T phone/internet network is improved I look forward to becoming an iphoneaphile.

It's one helluva device.

Just a little too pricey.

And I want the kinks worked out a bit.

I'll get there.

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
Hell no. Let other people work out the first generation bugs. I'm so sick to death of the commercials that it has put me right off wanting one.

Danger Jane

Registered
Reaction score
It just doesn't seem like that much of a revolution to me. Woohoo, no physical keypad. Woohoo.

MidnightMuse

Midnight Reading
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm already on all the Verizon salepeople's hatelists because I demanded a phone that just SENDS AND RECEIVES PHONE CALLS!

And I don't hardly ever even use that function.

Reaction score
It just doesn't seem like that much of a revolution to me. Woohoo, no physical keypad. Woohoo.

Jason-Alexander.jpg

"Oh, it's a revolution, baby!"

pconsidine

Too Adorkable for Words
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pjcopy.com
I might consider it at some future date, but I just got a Blackjack PDA for $50, so it will be a long time before I need a new phone.

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
It's for the technophile. It has the appeal of design, ease of use, functionality, etc. but, unlike the iPod, there are a few things against it:

- 8GB vs. the iPod's 60GB. Half of it probably goes to the OS X. So it's a very limited iPod.

- battery life sucks.

- touchpad. People will want to have a physical keypad to dial and, more important, text. Try tapping out your messages and email using a small touchpad, especially if you have fat fingers...

- No built-in GPS... what is wrong with Apple?

- EDGE technology instead of 3G. It's so 2006.

- Monopolized by AT&T/Cingular. No thanks. They give personal information to the Feds.

- Price. $599. Considering it also plays music, videos, Internet, has Wifi, etc. it doesn't sound that bad. Still, rather steep for a gadget

- It's huge. It's even bigger than a normal iPod.

- Is the surface scratch-resistant? Can it withstand the abuse I normally put my cell phone or mp3 player through?

Granted, it's very attractive. The OS is great, and the functionalities sound really cool. It's slick, and I really like the sensor thing that changes the orientation of the screen so you can watch video in widescreen mode, and the YouTube interface is cool. But still, I am not willing to part with $599, plus a two-year contract with AS&S.

I have a Blackberry that plays music, video, photos, and does email, etc, and it's smaller than a RAZR. And it cost me $0. I'm set for now.

Reaction score
It's smaller than a blackberry.

Its lack of keyboard isn't a problem, because the software actually corrects words quickly and accurately on the fly.

The surface is scratch resistant.

The battery is great. One charge around every two days for the average user.

The only problem with the thing is the price and that AT & T network apparantely sucks for cellphone signal.

The reviews other than for that part have been smashing.

It's the iPhone revolution.

Eventually, you'll all have one or people will laugh at you like we laugh at people with Sony Walkmans these days.

Last edited:

Writer2011

Registered
Reaction score
If I want internet and music in a public setting, i'll take my lap top somewhere that has Wi-Fi..and if I want to make a call, i'll do it on my cell phone.... Personally I have no use for all the bells and whistles on some phones these days...but unfortunately that's the rage.... Oh well!!!

But no, I won't be spending hundreds of dollars on a phone.

san_remo_ave

Back at it
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.elainegolden.com
I want one.

There, I said it. Yes, I'm a techno geek. And I love all things Apple.

Not sure if I'll get one immediately or wait a bit, but unless they start blowing up on people I will likely own one by the end of the year. They just announced the monthly fees and AT&T doesn't appear to be ganking people (like I feared).

I know it's typical for phones to become discounted and eventually offered for nothing, but I've never noticed Apple discount their iPods, they just issue the next gen and next price point. Not sure if we can expect to see AT&T offer deals or if they hold the line like other Apple devices, but will be interesting to see.

*sigh*

Danger Jane

Registered
Reaction score
700MB goes to the operating system.

Although I guess if you were THAT leet with the hax, you could chip away at that 700MB :tongue

Little Red Barn

haz own threads
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I will not be purchasing one at this juncture.

When the price comes down and the AT & T phone/internet network is improved I look forward to becoming an iphoneaphile.

It's one helluva device.

Just a little too pricey.

And I want the kinks worked out a bit.

I'll get there.
Exactly. :)

Ken Schneider

Absolute sagebrush
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I won't be buying and I-phone, but I having all of the technology in one spot is neat. Like able to find places to eat, directions, phone, net, blah blah.

That said,there isn't any new technology in the I-phone. All of the things it can do, other devices can do, albiet singly.

Just technology reshuffled.

The I-phone is for people who love technology, somethiong else to play around with instead of doing something productive.

I personally wish I didn't have to have a cell phone for work. Or a home phone, or address.