Indiana Jones 4 is In Production!

Storyteller5

Say something...
Registered
Reaction score
WohooO! :snoopy:

On June 18th, they started filming Indiana Jones 4. It's supposed to be released in May 2008. I saw a photo Spielberg released that he had taken of Harrison Ford on set. With the fedora, he really doesn't look that different than the other movies.

:hooray: www.IndianaJones.com

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
It's sure to be a good movie, I'm hoping it will be anyway. Shame that Sean Connery wont be in it though, he was great as Indiana's Dad.

Vincent

Cheers
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
So, out of curiosity, which one is everyone's favorite Indy movie? 1 or 3?

ChunkyC

It's hard being green
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I hope the movie is good.
Me too. So far, they seem to be playing it smart. For example, it's set in the 50s, which would make it at least a dozen years after the last one. So Indy will be significantly older. It would have been stupid to try to make Harrison play Indy at the same age as before.

Here's a video from the official site, of the first day of shooting, w00t!

And another with Shia LaBeouf, but right now it doesn't seem to want to load.

Last edited:

ChaosTitan

Around
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kellymeding.com
So, out of curiosity, which one is everyone's favorite Indy movie? 1 or 3?

:ROFL:

While "The Last Crusade" is my favorite of the three films, I admit that I've seen "Temple of Doom" more times than one and three combined. Probably because it was on TV all the time when I was an adolescent and I thought the ripping-heart-out-of-chest scene was the coolest thing ever.

I was a strange kid.

Storyteller5

Say something...
Registered
Reaction score
I think the third one is my favourite although Temple of Doom is pretty good! :)

Rainy Night said:
Is Chewbacca in this one?

Please tell me you are kidding?

ChunkyC

It's hard being green
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Temple of Doom had its moments, that's for sure. I loved Indy's reaction in the plane when she asked him if he could fly:

"No ... can you?"

The look on his face as he said that was priceless. But I too would have to say The Last Crusade was the best.

NiennaC

Registered
Reaction score
I can't wait for it to be out. You know, to be honest, I only watched on Indy movie before, but with the new one coming out I thought I'd brush up on the others. I'm suprised I went this long without seeing them. I know some big Indy fans.

NiennaC

Registered
Reaction score
What's with all these AARP action heroes

*snickers* That's great.

I think Hollywood's just trying to make money off old successes. Or er, giving the people what they want. Depends on what the people want. I think people have been lobbying for a new Indy movie for a long time.

Jay Byrne

Registered
Reaction score
Hmmm, I'm not sure if this is a good thing or not. I am a fan of the trilogy but Ford is getting along in years. This could be disastrous.
Is Vic Armstrong involved?

Btw, Raiders is the best and Crusade a close second.

ChunkyC

It's hard being green
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Further proof that Hollywood is running out of ideas.
I'd say yes and no to that.

Yes, in that Hollywood recycles like nobody's business. Not only are we inundated with sequel upon sequel, many supposedly new movies are just retreaded old ideas.

No, in that Hollywood is pandering to the masses with some of these films by giving them what they're clamouring for and sometimes they deliver an engaging, entertaining story.

Hopefully Spielberg & co will do that with Indy4. My personal hope is that they will be relatively realistic when it comes to Indy's age. That was my biggest beef with the recent Rocky movie. The story was decent enough, but the fight itself stretched credulity. I could believe Rocky could get in the ring for an exhibition fight with the champ pulling his punches, but there's no way he would go the full distance, especially after the champ started fighting for real.

So as long as they don't get ridiculous with Indy, this movie could be a lot of fun.

Last edited:

Danger Jane

Registered
Reaction score
Maybe he'll team up with James Bond?

Oh man, I am so excited.

ChunkyC

It's hard being green
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
With his age, the story will have to be set in, say, 1960s?
According to the site, it's set in the 50s, so that's not so bad. The earlier films were all pre-WWII.

ETA: the Shia LeBeouf video now appears to be working. Just give it a little time to load, it's longer than the other one.

Last edited:

Lyra Jean

Two years old now.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
beyondtourism.wordpress.com
My favorite Indy movie is Raiders. Temple of Doom comes in at a close second. Although the Last Crusade was awesome I believe I liked Temple of Doom better because I was around Short and Round's age when I saw it. So I could totally relate to the character.

I loved the female lead in Raiders and who could resist the monkey. Poor monkey.