PDA

View Full Version : Indiana Jones 4 is In Production!

Storyteller5
06-27-2007, 03:06 AM
WohooO! :snoopy:

On June 18th, they started filming Indiana Jones 4. It's supposed to be released in May 2008. I saw a photo Spielberg released that he had taken of Harrison Ford on set. With the fedora, he really doesn't look that different than the other movies.

:hooray: www.IndianaJones.com (http://www.IndianaJones.com)

jvc
06-27-2007, 03:10 AM
It's sure to be a good movie, I'm hoping it will be anyway. Shame that Sean Connery wont be in it though, he was great as Indiana's Dad.

Vincent
06-27-2007, 03:19 AM
And here's the man himself

http://www.indianajones.com/community/news/news20070621.html

billythrilly7th
06-27-2007, 03:38 AM
He looks pretty good.

I hope the movie is good.

I really really do.

Vincent
06-27-2007, 03:45 AM
So, out of curiosity, which one is everyone's favorite Indy movie? 1 or 3?

ChunkyC
06-27-2007, 03:49 AM
I hope the movie is good.
Me too. So far, they seem to be playing it smart. For example, it's set in the 50s, which would make it at least a dozen years after the last one. So Indy will be significantly older. It would have been stupid to try to make Harrison play Indy at the same age as before.

Here's a video from the official site, of the first day (http://www.indianajones.com/community/news/firstday.html) of shooting, w00t!

And another with Shia LaBeouf (http://www.indianajones.com/community/news/news20070618.html), but right now it doesn't seem to want to load.

jvc
06-27-2007, 03:50 AM
They hide that walking frame pretty well :) .

Rainy Night
06-27-2007, 03:55 AM
Is Chewbacca in this one?

ChaosTitan
06-27-2007, 03:57 AM

:ROFL:

While "The Last Crusade" is my favorite of the three films, I admit that I've seen "Temple of Doom" more times than one and three combined. Probably because it was on TV all the time when I was an adolescent and I thought the ripping-heart-out-of-chest scene was the coolest thing ever.

I was a strange kid.

Storyteller5
06-27-2007, 04:14 AM
I think the third one is my favourite although Temple of Doom is pretty good! :)

Is Chewbacca in this one?

Please tell me you are kidding?

ChunkyC
06-27-2007, 04:15 AM
Temple of Doom had its moments, that's for sure. I loved Indy's reaction in the plane when she asked him if he could fly:

"No ... can you?"

The look on his face as he said that was priceless. But I too would have to say The Last Crusade was the best.

ChaosTitan
06-27-2007, 06:33 AM
Someone I know counted how many times Kate Capshaw screamed in "Temple of Doom." I forget the number, but it was something insane. The woman screamed *a lot* in that movie.

NiennaC
06-27-2007, 06:36 AM
I can't wait for it to be out. You know, to be honest, I only watched on Indy movie before, but with the new one coming out I thought I'd brush up on the others. I'm suprised I went this long without seeing them. I know some big Indy fans.

maestrowork
06-27-2007, 07:32 AM
And here's the man himself

http://www.indianajones.com/community/news/news20070621.html

Boy, he looks old and tired. What's with all these AARP action heroes? First Rocky, then McClane, and now Indie... ;)

NiennaC
06-27-2007, 07:35 AM
What's with all these AARP action heroes

*snickers* That's great.

I think Hollywood's just trying to make money off old successes. Or er, giving the people what they want. Depends on what the people want. I think people have been lobbying for a new Indy movie for a long time.

Bmwhtly
06-27-2007, 12:01 PM
So, out of curiosity, which one is everyone's favorite Indy movie? 1 or 3?More to the point, which is everyone's favourite IndyGirl?
I mean, of course Karen Allen'll win hands down. But I thought I'd ask anyway.

Jay Byrne
06-27-2007, 01:33 PM
Hmmm, I'm not sure if this is a good thing or not. I am a fan of the trilogy but Ford is getting along in years. This could be disastrous.
Is Vic Armstrong involved?

Btw, Raiders is the best and Crusade a close second.

ChaosTitan
06-27-2007, 06:56 PM
Boy, he looks old and tired. What's with all these AARP action heroes? First Rocky, then McClane, and now Indie... ;)

Further proof that Hollywood is running out of ideas.

maestrowork
06-27-2007, 07:14 PM
Karen Allen is the best, and I'm glad she's back in this one. Her character in Lost Ark was just adorable.

ChunkyC
06-27-2007, 07:20 PM
Further proof that Hollywood is running out of ideas.
I'd say yes and no to that.

Yes, in that Hollywood recycles like nobody's business. Not only are we inundated with sequel upon sequel, many supposedly new movies are just retreaded old ideas.

No, in that Hollywood is pandering to the masses with some of these films by giving them what they're clamouring for and sometimes they deliver an engaging, entertaining story.

Hopefully Spielberg & co will do that with Indy4. My personal hope is that they will be relatively realistic when it comes to Indy's age. That was my biggest beef with the recent Rocky movie. The story was decent enough, but the fight itself stretched credulity. I could believe Rocky could get in the ring for an exhibition fight with the champ pulling his punches, but there's no way he would go the full distance, especially after the champ started fighting for real.

So as long as they don't get ridiculous with Indy, this movie could be a lot of fun.

maestrowork
06-27-2007, 07:38 PM
With his age, the story will have to be set in, say, 1960s? I wonder whom Indie will be fighting...

Danger Jane
06-27-2007, 07:45 PM
Maybe he'll team up with James Bond?

Oh man, I am so excited.

maestrowork
06-27-2007, 07:54 PM
Maybe Indie will rock with the Beatles.

ChunkyC
06-27-2007, 08:07 PM
With his age, the story will have to be set in, say, 1960s?
According to the site (http://www.indianajones.com/community/news/news20070621.html), it's set in the 50s, so that's not so bad. The earlier films were all pre-WWII.

ETA: the Shia LeBeouf video (http://www.indianajones.com/community/news/news20070618.html) now appears to be working. Just give it a little time to load, it's longer than the other one.

Lyra Jean
06-27-2007, 08:15 PM
My favorite Indy movie is Raiders. Temple of Doom comes in at a close second. Although the Last Crusade was awesome I believe I liked Temple of Doom better because I was around Short and Round's age when I saw it. So I could totally relate to the character.

I loved the female lead in Raiders and who could resist the monkey. Poor monkey.

Justin91
06-28-2007, 03:20 AM
I can't wait till this is released! I still wear button up safari shirts because of this guy.

I think it is great these guys get to come back after they have some age on them and portray a hero past their prime. Look back to Clint Eastwood in Unforgiven. I dont think the stories stop just because we grow old. I believe this will be a "passing of the torch" film, so maybe they can keep the Jones franchis going...and that is not such a bad thing...

Parkinsonsd
06-30-2007, 07:19 PM
Raiders is my absolute all time, best in the damn world movie. Anyone starts talking smack about Indy and I'll be after you with my bullwhip.

Unless Indy 4 really sucks then I may let it slide.

Vincent
07-01-2007, 01:55 AM
Raiders is my absolute all time, best in the damn world movie. Anyone starts talking smack about Indy and I'll be after you with my bullwhip.

Unless Indy 4 really sucks then I may let it slide.

The trick is to pretend it doesn't exist, just like Terminator 3, Alien 3 and Alien Resurrection.

billythrilly7th
07-01-2007, 03:39 AM
This Just In:

Production halted for three hours on Indy IV when Harrison Ford's life alert button was accidentally pushed during a fight scene.

No link yet.

Trust me.

swvaughn
07-01-2007, 04:26 AM
Okay, okay, so TOD was a little... over the top. But I got one thing to say...

"We... are going... to die."

How could you not love that face?

Plus, there was a whip actually being used.

ChaosTitan
07-01-2007, 07:56 AM
Okay, okay, so TOD was a little... over the top. But I got one thing to say...

"We... are going... to die."

:ROFL:

And how can you not love the kid from The Goonies? "Okey dokey, Dr. Jones! Hold onto your potatoes!" Teehee.

kristin724
07-01-2007, 08:17 AM
Why does Temple of Doom get such a bad rap? I have always suspected that because Raiders and Last Crusade deal with more popular Christian themes that they were always more beloved than the creepy cultish aspects of Doom. TOD does have some great scenes though. Club Obi-Wan, and the monkey brains dinner!

I would certainly take TOD over a lot of the action adventure crap out there today. It's no where near as bad as Allan Quartermaine, or The Scorpion King. Now, some of the Young Indiana Jones Chronicles were bad. I'm glad they phased out the 10 year old Indy. I really hope Lucas' plans to release the series on dvd in promo push for Indy 4 go through. It was tough to find the last season, and some of the mini movie episodes were quite good.

Sean Patrick Flannery. Boondocks Saints.

What is so special about this Shia kid?

Sean D. Schaffer
07-01-2007, 08:50 AM
WohooO! :snoopy:

On June 18th, they started filming Indiana Jones 4. It's supposed to be released in May 2008. I saw a photo Spielberg released that he had taken of Harrison Ford on set. With the fedora, he really doesn't look that different than the other movies.

:hooray: www.IndianaJones.com (http://www.IndianaJones.com)

All I can say is it's about time. I've been hearing about the fourth movie being planned since the third one came out.

Surely Mr. Ford has become a far more seasoned actor since his days in the older movies. I look forward to possibly seeing this newest version when it comes out.

:)

Lyra Jean
07-01-2007, 09:18 AM
Temple of Doom is totally my favorite. I mean how can I pass up falling out of an airplane in an inflatable boat. He invented tubing.

Serenity
07-01-2007, 04:43 PM
I love all three movies for various reasons, but the first one remains my favorite as a whole. I vaguely remember going to see it in the theater. My mom and dad had gone first, then taken me. I still remember my mom talking to be before hand about the room with the skeletons, and that I didn't need to be scared because they weren't real.

Whatever Mom, I loved it! What can I say, I was a weird kid.

I was the one Chaos mentioned earlier about counting how many times Kate Capshaw screamed in ToD. My dad and I love to MST3K movies, especially those we've seen multiple times. We were watching the movie one day and I said, "I wonder how many times she screams?" We rewound the tape and started counting. I don't remember the exact number, but it was well over 100.

I will go to see the fourth one, mainly because, well, it's Indy. Even if he is named after the dog...:D

ChunkyC
07-01-2007, 08:39 PM
Temple of Doom is my least favourite, but I still like it a lot. Just not as much as the other two. The reason is probably because it is more gross than the others. The dinner scene was disgusting and probably the only scene in any of the movies I could do without.

maestrowork
07-01-2007, 08:40 PM
What? You never had chilled monkey brains with a dash of chocolate syrup and a cherry on top (I loved it when that one guy clapped and said, "Oooh, desert!")? Cow eyes soup is the best.

I loved that scene. Hilarious.

ChaosTitan
07-01-2007, 08:48 PM
"Give me your hat."
"Why?"
"Because I'm going to puke in it."

swvaughn
07-01-2007, 09:25 PM
"Give me your hat."
"Why?"
"Because I'm going to puke in it."

:roll:

Oh, Lord. I forgot how much I loved TOD. Gory is a GOOD thing, y'all...

Chilled monkey brains. Eyeball soup. Fan-freakin-tastic.

Now I've got to dig out my copy and watch it. Haven't seen it in years.

Woooo! I'm very little! You cheat very big, Dr. Jones!

III
07-02-2007, 11:58 PM
A buddy of mine is stationed in El Paso and went to open-casting for Indiana Jones 4 at the base and ended up getting picked out of the crowd for a part. He plays a guard who waves them through a checkpoint and later is a dead body getting carried away. He's got pics of him with Harrison Ford and George Lucas. Lucky sonofa.....

Perks
07-03-2007, 12:07 AM
So, out of curiosity, which one is everyone's favorite Indy movie? 1 or 3?The first one, by far. I also really enjoyed the second film in a preposterous-but-holy-crap-that's-fun kinda way. But I'm in the minority of not caring all that much for 'Last Crusade.'

In I & II, the female lead was lovely and terribly funny. To me, it seems the character of Indy really, really needs that. Whatever-her-face was in the third one was entirely forgettable. No comic timing whatsoever. Pretty? Yes. Interesting? Yawn, what was the question, again?

Sean Connery was terrific and without him, I don't think the third Indiana Jones film would have been worth its weight in donuts.

Perks
07-03-2007, 12:08 AM
Production halted for three hours on Indy IV when Harrison Ford's life alert button was accidentally pushed during a fight scene.

That's not nice. Very funny. But not nice.

Do more funny and I might vote for you. Probably not, but you know...

Perks
07-03-2007, 12:09 AM
Maybe he'll team up with James Bond?

Oh man, I am so excited.
Harrison Ford vs. Daniel Craig? My money's on the Brit.

maestrowork
07-03-2007, 12:11 AM
A buddy of mine is stationed in El Paso and went to open-casting for Indiana Jones 4 at the base and ended up getting picked out of the crowd for a part. He plays a guard who waves them through a checkpoint and later is a dead body getting carried away. He's got pics of him with Harrison Ford and George Lucas. Lucky sonofa.....

Did he have any lines? I'll look for him when the movie comes out.

In I & II, the female lead was lovely and terribly funny. To me, it seems the character of Indy really, really needs that. Whatever-her-face was in the third one was entirely forgettable. No comic timing whatsoever. Pretty? Yes. Interesting? Yawn, what was the question, again?

I agree. You'd be happy to know that Marion (Karen Allen) is going to be back in this one... but it seems like Cate Blanchett gets the top billing.

But what I don't understand is... how the heck does Shia LaBeouf's name go above Harrison Ford's on IMDB? WTF?

maestrowork
07-03-2007, 12:13 AM
Harrison Ford vs. Daniel Craig? My money's on the Brit.

Are you rating on who is the bad ass, or who has the best ass?

III
07-03-2007, 12:16 AM
Did he have any lines? I'll look for him when the movie comes out.

I'll ask him - he's supposed to send me some pics so I'll post 'em here.

Perks
07-03-2007, 12:16 AM
Are you rating on who is the bad ass, or who has the best ass?You know, I have to say, I've never even once considered glutes when sizing up a man for my head, heart, bed or hero. Butts are butts.

Indy can't kick ass and then put on a tux. Bond kicks ass while wearing a tux. Indy would probably take me fishing. I hate fishing. (No offense, Frank.)

I still love Indy, but Craig as Bond has inspired a change in my loyalties.

JoNightshade
07-03-2007, 06:21 AM
Oh man, I fell in love with Harrison Ford when I was 12 years old. And he still looks damn good for a guy in his sixties. Indy 4 is like my dream come true. ::Swoon::

L'Oiseau Noir
07-03-2007, 07:37 AM
I've been looking forward to this movie release. I loved the Indiana Jones Trilogy! Personally though, I think those films were the only good ones either Spielberg or Lucas has done. It's good they're also bringing good old Harrison Ford back to the role too--I don't think anybody else could portray Indie correctly. Let's just hope this isn't a let-down.

I still like the Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade the best though.

Bad Penny
07-04-2007, 07:40 AM

Bmwhtly
07-04-2007, 06:17 PM
I hear Ray Winston's in this too.

I hope he's either playing a Brit or has worked on his American accent since 'The Departed'.
Good to see him doing mainstream stuff though.

childeroland
07-04-2007, 06:48 PM
They just cast Divoff from Lost.

ChunkyC
07-04-2007, 07:13 PM
What? You never had chilled monkey brains with a dash of chocolate syrup and a cherry on top (I loved it when that one guy clapped and said, "Oooh, desert!")? Cow eyes soup is the best.

I loved that scene. Hilarious.
It was a good scene, but it was the one bit in all three movies that made me avert my eyes. If I'd had Indy's hat, I might have puked in it.

maestrowork
07-04-2007, 07:14 PM
Amateur. :) That scene made my dad really hungry.

Bmwhtly
07-04-2007, 07:19 PM
It's the sea of bugs in Temple of Doom that ick me out a bit.

I don't mind spiders and stuff, but the whole crunchy floor of them *Shudder*. And the centipede in her hair? *goes to shower away the image*

ChunkyC
07-04-2007, 08:05 PM
Amateur. :) That scene made my dad really hungry.
We should have seen it together, then. He could have had all my popcorn. ;)

Kiester
07-06-2007, 08:18 PM
Whoa, that's excellent! A fourth Indiana Jones!

Anyways....Their all good, especially The Last Crusade.

-

I want his hat.

Ab_Normal
07-06-2007, 09:02 PM
Just added all three movies to the netflix queue so I can make my 14 year old watch them. :D I'll just have to leave the room for the two scenes in the second one that squick me out...

Norma

dclary
07-06-2007, 09:43 PM
You don't own these?

Travesty.

Bad Penny
07-07-2007, 02:34 AM
I do! I do!

Great boxed set eh? Love the 'making of' disc

ChunkyC
07-07-2007, 03:28 AM
I've got the old VHS boxed set. When I heard about Indy 4, I decided to wait until they put out a set with all 4 before getting them on DVD.

My-Immortal
07-07-2007, 07:34 AM
I've got the old VHS boxed set. When I heard about Indy 4, I decided to wait until they put out a set with all 4 before getting them on DVD.

Me too. Scary...

:)

Ab_Normal
07-09-2007, 09:19 PM
You don't own these?

Travesty.

I could tell you a long story about how we've economized so my husband could stay home with our spawn... :D

Norma

kristin724
07-10-2007, 06:30 AM
It really tells you something about America's love for Harrison Ford when Patriot Games is THE movie shown on The Fourth of July!

Bmwhtly
07-10-2007, 12:19 PM
I've got the old VHS boxed set. When I heard about Indy 4, I decided to wait until they put out a set with all 4 before getting them on DVD.Great Minds think alike.

And so does mine.

Shara
07-10-2007, 01:04 PM
I'm a fan of Indiana Jones and Harrison Ford. Yes, OK, Harrison's getting on a bit, but aren't we all?

I think my favourite Indy film is the Last Crusade, because of the great banter between HF & Sean Connery. A shame Connery's not coming back, but apparently he's enjoying retirement too much.

The second film is not as good as I & III, mostly because of the female lead, who really annoyed me. I like strong female leads. The character in III was a Nazi, but she was a career woman with a brain!

I didn't know Karen Allen was coming back for IV. That will be nice to see.

Shara

seun
10-03-2007, 12:56 PM
Is this the real title?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indiana_Jones_and_the_Kingdom_of_the_Crystal_Skull

Doesn't quite work for me. Sounds like a Choose Your Own Adventure book.

dpaterso
10-03-2007, 01:50 PM
If you punch the Nazi officer in the face, turn to Page 67.
If you hide behind the stone pillar and eavesdrop, turn to Page 92.

-Derek

valen_sinclair
10-03-2007, 02:28 PM
If you punch the Nazi officer in the face, turn to Page 67.
If you hide behind the stone pillar and eavesdrop, turn to Page 92.

-Derek

oh dear oh dear...you know i think i owned all of the old steve jackson - ian livingstone books.....eeek

they should bring them back

seun
10-03-2007, 02:36 PM
oh dear oh dear...you know i think i owned all of the old steve jackson - ian livingstone books.....eeek

they should bring them back

They never went away. I get new ones at work quite often.

Vincent
10-03-2007, 02:54 PM
Joe Dever, man.

valen_sinclair
10-03-2007, 03:19 PM
They never went away. I get new ones at work quite often.

YEAH!!!!!!! if you don't want them...fling them my way hee hee!!

maestrowork
10-03-2007, 04:33 PM
I would love to be Harrison Ford (or his personal trainer, at least):

According to a Paramount memo that listed Harrison Ford's living expenses provided over and above his salary on "Indiana Jones 4":

$4,500.00 a week for a Personal Trainer.

$5,500.00 a week for Security.

$10,000.00 a week for Hair and Make Up.

$3,000.00 a week for a Driver.

And $300,000.00 for the duration of the shoot for a Private Jet to use when he wants it.

Also, his salary is so high it is NOT even in the actual budget of the movie.

It's good to be Indy.