Dragon*Con - Atlanta Aug 31-Sep 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

jodiodi

Reflections of Reality
Registered
Reaction score
We're thinking about it. However, we have Braves Tickets for Saturday afternoon and then Saturday night, we have tickets for the UGA-OK State game so we'll have a busy weekend. We will be in Atlanta, though.

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
I've never been to one of these things, I'm only a two-hour drive away, and perhaps I should go...

Related to this, last Saturday I attended the regular monthly meeting of the Atlanta Hobby Robot Club where (among other activities) Dale Heatherington showed of his latest contraption he'll take to Dragoncon this year, the "Scary-Go-Round 30 pound Combat Bot (June 2007)" linked to at the top of the page here:
http://www.wa4dsy.net/robot/
I saw this thing spinning on the floor at about three revolutions per second, and yes, he was able to steer it.
Dale has build successful battle bots in the past. He's seen in this video, especially about 3 minutes into it pulling a rubber snake out of his bot:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4661556651241739290&hl=en
Building robots is yet another thing on a really long list of things I want to do...

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hey Hubby and I talked about going a while back and forgot again. thanks for the reminder. Not sure. Depends largely on fundage.

Richard White

Stealthy Plot Bunny Peddler
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.richardcwhite.com
My family will be joining me for the first time in eleven years. I'll be in Artist's Alley pimping my self-published comic when I'm not on panels or running amok at the show. (This will be my 12th appearance as a guest out of the past 15 years.)

Sarashay

Shut Up and Write
Registered
Reaction score
I'm sure to be there. My sister and brother-in-law are both regular guests, so I've been getting in on their good graces for the past several years (in exchange for babysitting my niece for a couple of nights.)

What I really need to do is get published in enough places that they'll make ME a guest, and I'll be in for life.

Dominic

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.daculascifi.blogspot.com
My wife and I will be there. Doing the writing workshop Thursday and Friday with AC Crispin and then taking in the sights on Saturday and Sunday. I doubt I will have my novel past second draft, much less publication by then, so I guess I will have plenty of time to run amok.

Dominic

Richard White

Stealthy Plot Bunny Peddler
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.richardcwhite.com
Less than two weeks to the con.

Looking forward to seeing some of you there. I'll be in Comic Artist's Alley (which is set in the Dealer's Room this year for better or for worse), so be sure to stop by.

jst5150

Vorpal Comics. Weekly Podcast. Twitch Artist. Vet
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jasontudor.com
I'm going. Anyone want to coordinate and keep me company? :) PM me, then we can make our plans.

Last edited:

carolegill

Hi!
Just need a word of cheer!
Just started my final draft revision and it's really affecting me!
Not only am I going blind, I'm losing some marbles I can't spare.
Anyway, I'm game. What shall we talk about?!

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, this is a thread to LAST YEAR's DragonCon!

Regardless, it's about the same situation this year - the Decatur Book Festival also runs the same weekend this year, as if there weren't already enough to do.

jst5150

Vorpal Comics. Weekly Podcast. Twitch Artist. Vet
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jasontudor.com
Wow. I searched, thought I avoid last year's and voila!

New thread started here.

Last edited:

Poppy

Me, myself and I don't know
Registered
Reaction score
I'm going (accompanied by my husband and a couple of our friends). This will be our first year ever. I'm most excited about meeting Joseph Michael Linsner, my favorite artist and comic book author of Dawn. Richard, I will try to find you so I can check out your comic.

Status
Not open for further replies.