PDA

View Full Version : Any Mystery Science Theater 3000 dorks here?

ccarver30
06-26-2007, 10:18 PM
Like me?? :tongue I have been listening to the DVD's at work lately and I swear- no matter how many times I see/hear the movies, they still make me laugh.

Anyone?

Calla Lily
06-26-2007, 10:25 PM
I should be embarrassed to admit how many episodes I own. It's more than 100.

But I'm not! MST rules. I wept when it got cancelled.

Did you know that Mike and the 2 guys who voiced Crow and Tom Servo had a gig on Showtime--introducing lousy modern SF and horror movies?

ChunkyC
06-26-2007, 10:27 PM
I hate to say I only watched a few shows when it first aired. Laughed myself silly, tho'.

Two MST guys (Kevin Murphy and Bill Corbett) are the media guests of honour this year at the North American Science Fiction convention in St. Louis -- and I'm goin'. W00t!

Calla Lily
06-26-2007, 10:28 PM
I The MST guys are the media guests of honour this year at the North American Science Fiction convention in St. Louis -- and I'm goin'. W00t!

[tries not to seethe with envy]

Novelust
06-26-2007, 10:29 PM
Open up your heart and let the Patrick Swayze Christmas in.
We'll gather at the Roadhouse with our next of kin.
And Santa can be our regular Saturday night thing.
We'll decorate our barstools and gather round and sing.

Oh, let's have a Patrick Swayze Christmas this year!
Or we'll tear your throat out and kick you in the ear!

It's my way or the highway, this Christmas at my ba-ha-haar.
I'll have to smash your kneecaps if you bastards touch my car!
I got the word that Santa has been stealing from the till.
I think that that right jolly old elf better make out his will, ohh,

Oh, let's have a Patrick Swayze Christmas, one and all.
And this can be the haziest...
This can be the laziest...
This can be the Swayziest
Christmas of them aaallllllllll!

How long before it becomes a standard?

Calla Lily
06-26-2007, 10:36 PM
Big McLarge Huge!

wyntermoon
06-26-2007, 10:46 PM
pizza pizza

My husband never understood the subtle complexities of their (obviously) brilliant humor. I, however, also wept at its cancellation.

Woe.

Novelust
06-26-2007, 10:55 PM
Big McLarge Huge!

Slab Squatthrust!

Calla Lily
06-26-2007, 10:57 PM
Bold Bigflank!

Novelust
06-26-2007, 11:03 PM
Crud Bonemeal!

MidnightMuse
06-26-2007, 11:04 PM
And what, pray tell, is geeky about watching (nearly) every episode of MST3K ??

Hmmm?

ccarver30
06-26-2007, 11:12 PM
http://www.cafepress.com/buy/space+mutiny/-/pv_design_prod/p_storeid.60790719/pNo_60790719/id_12864566/opt_/pg_/c_/fpt_

Calla Lily
06-26-2007, 11:12 PM
We are, rather, aficionadios of the subtlest of humor. ;)

Everybody join in...

There was a time, so bright and gay
It seems like only yesterday
When I held your brain in my arms
Your adrenalin was like wine
Sweet perfume was your endocrine

But now your brain is gone and it's left an empty hole
I gaze into your sockets but you're just a hollow skull
I used to love a lotta
Your medulla oblongota
And your basal ganglia
I remember we would stroll along your fissure of Rolando

ETA: ccarver, I own the "official" version of that shirt--$16 (I think) from the fan club. Occasionally I wear it to work and people quote MST at me. :)

Novelust
06-26-2007, 11:15 PM
I sing of the glorious Delta Knights,
They live in Europe somewhere.
With Archimedes, they eat their Wheaties,
and look pretty good in fake hair!
(They're kind of afraid to go out at night.
They don't get historical facts just right.
They hike up their codpieces really tight.)
They look pretty good in fake hair.

A sweet Delta lady am I, am I,
More fair than the stars in the sky.
I'm bold and bawdy and oh my lawdy,
I'm proud to declare I like pie.
A sweet Delta lady, I do what I please.
I'm strong and I'm savvy, and I've got these.
I love to sing out, don't forget the cheese.
I'm proud to declare I like pie.

Novelust
06-26-2007, 11:16 PM
(Oh, I can't stop! Forgive me!)

"Merlin was a thieving crackhead who fenced VCRs to feed his habit."

Calla Lily
06-26-2007, 11:19 PM
"Let's see how long THESE accents last."

(several possibilities. Here's a hint: Potatoes are what we eat!)

ccarver30
06-26-2007, 11:21 PM
I have Prince of Space on right now... BAWK!

ccarver30
06-26-2007, 11:24 PM
"Sorry I'm late, the cat threw up this morning..."

Novelust
06-26-2007, 11:32 PM
"It's the Sooooooooooooooooultaker!"

Calla Lily
06-26-2007, 11:33 PM
"All right, men--mince!"

Novelust
06-26-2007, 11:34 PM
"Oh, come on. No one's that Southern."

ccarver30
06-26-2007, 11:41 PM
The Killer Shrews: Everyone light their martinis!

Calla Lily
06-26-2007, 11:43 PM
I made trail mix out of my body hair and some rat droppings.

(The Final Sacrifice)

ccarver30
06-26-2007, 11:49 PM
I only have 3 volumes and that is it (3,4 & 7). I am ebaying to get some more though!! :)

Novelust
06-26-2007, 11:54 PM
"Man, you don't direct Klein - you just get out of the way."

underthecity
06-27-2007, 12:09 AM
I'm the biggest MST3K dork here, sorry everyone.

My sister and I watched and taped MST3K religiously when it was on Comedy Central. We still watched and taped when it went to SciFi, but not as often.

I LOVE MST3K. Still love it after all these years. I have a giant box of tapes with many many episodes.

My sister and I went to the MST3K ConventioCon ExpoFestarama in 1993. We met the entire cast, got autographs, pictures, met other fans, went to the costume ball, and attended the movie screening (and Mike and the bots' live ribbing) of This Island Earth.

One of the things I bought at the convention is a MST3K coffee mug which I still use every week.

We had tickets for the second MST3K convention, but I had to cancel because I was getting married.

So yeah, I'm still a dork.

allen

Gravity
06-27-2007, 12:16 AM
Believe it or nuts, I have nearly every single episode on tape. Every. Single. One (save for the first year, when they were strictly on local cable). Simply the funniest, wittiest, sharpest show ever on the tube, bar none.

Oh, and lest we forget: "She's presenting like a mandrill!" Space Mutiny

Gravity
06-27-2007, 12:17 AM
Oh yeah, I also have a copy of the Super Colossal Episode Guide, signed by the whole crew (no, it's not for sale!)

Calla Lily
06-27-2007, 12:31 AM
"Time for go to bed!"

Alas, it's time for me to do those mundane things like take the kid to his violin lesson, made supper, wash clothes...

MST3K it MUCH more enticing.

Alas.

ChunkyC
06-27-2007, 12:39 AM
:roll: :roll: :roll:

You guys owe me a new keyboard. And monitor.

Novelust
06-27-2007, 12:43 AM
I love Pearl Forrester.

Perhaps this says something about me - that I identify with a megalomaniacal, blue eyeshadow-wearing, wannabe world-ruler.

MattW
06-27-2007, 02:05 AM
I only have a few on VHS/DVD: Prince of Space, Santa vs the Martians, Puma Man, Ator, Russo-Finnish productions...

MST was great.

Shwebb
06-27-2007, 02:34 AM
Have I come home?!

We started watching when it came to SciFi Channel--we hadn't gotten Comedy Network when it was on, there. We have quite a little bit on DVD, and we're discovering some of the ones pre-SF channel. Yay!

"The Incredibly Strange Creatures Who Stopped Living and Became Mixed-Up Zombies" is and was my absolute favorite. I laughed so hard during this movie I swear I almost passed out! "Space Mutiny" isn't far behind. And we love all the shorts.

I've tried getting my best friend to watch them with me. She just doesn't see the humor. Thankfully, my husband and I are compatible in that respect. And we have a new Christmas tradition--"Santa Claus versus the Martians!"

punstress
06-27-2007, 02:49 AM
LOVED the show! One of the funniest things on TV, ever. I began to riff back at every show, just not as cleverly as they do.

Wonder what Joel's doing now. Sigh.

Saanen
06-27-2007, 03:38 AM
I had a ton of episodes taped, years ago, but made the mistake of loaning them to a friend who then moved without returning them. Darn it! Of course, I no longer have a VCR, just a DVD player, but still!

I love this show so much! I think my favorite is The Delta Knights, but it might be the gloomy German version of Hamlet.

If you run across a novel called Death Rat!, pick it up, incidentally. It's by Michael J. Nelson--yes, Mike--and it's really, really funny. And Kevin Murphy wrote a great book called A Year at the Movies.

Novelust
06-27-2007, 05:16 AM
...I love this show so much! I think my favorite is The Delta Knights...

If you run across a novel called Death Rat!, pick it up, incidentally. It's by Michael J. Nelson--yes, Mike--and it's really, really funny.

I love Quest of the Delta Knights. I can seriously watch that one over and over, even moreso than Space Mutiny. Another favorite is Time Chasers - it holds up very well to repeat viewings.

"Come to Martin's - What up?"

I also have Death Rat! - very funny, but I think it would lose something to those who are unfamiliar with Minnesota and the folks in it. I also like Mike's essay books - 'Mind Over Matters' and 'Movie Megacheese.'

Ol' Fashioned Girl
06-27-2007, 05:35 AM
"Light the shoebox and throw it in the toilet!"

And who can forget the cheerleader special:

"Look! Look! Lookatma crotch!
Lookatma crotch! Look!"

Claudia Gray
06-27-2007, 06:44 AM
He failed to bring back the Sampo!
(Sampo!)
We will die of starvation!
(Sampo!)
Failure! Failure! He is such a failure!

BarbaraSheridan
06-27-2007, 07:20 AM
I loved MST3K. One of my favorites was one I can't remember the title to but there was a character named Jessica and every time she came on they'd start humming the Allman Brothers song Jessica.

Serenity
06-27-2007, 03:01 PM
There was one where they sang a 'song': "He's a loser, la la la..." I downloaded it and set my computer to play it every time I made an error. :D

And "You just opened up a can of jellied whoop-ass!"

And "Not the sharpest knife in the drawer, are ya, nursie?"

ccarver30
06-27-2007, 03:50 PM
I think Overdrawn at the Memory Bank is my favorite with Space Mutiny not far behind. I have a few more episdoes on the way and I am oh-so excited!

Shorts 2:
"Can you identify this bucketful of your brother?"

Novelust
06-27-2007, 03:51 PM
"Yeah, that's how they raise us in 'Vinci."

Edit: "I'm interfaced....!"

ccarver30
06-27-2007, 03:52 PM
The Atomic Brain:
(the cat) "I'm drunk too!"

ccarver30
06-27-2007, 03:54 PM
OH! I was wondering if anyone knew where the "This potato has big ears." (picture of a rabbit) reference comes from? I have seen this on t-shirts for MST but I don't know the episode.

Shwebb
06-27-2007, 04:04 PM
It's been awhile since I've been to the site, but DAP had a bunch of episodes for download. And they said that it was legal to do it as long as the movie wasn't released for sale--and if/when something was released, the would removed that episode from their website.

Yeah--"Overdrawn" was good. And "Clonus." "I was a Teenage Werewolf."

My husband's fave is "Giant Spider Invasion." As a kid, he saw this at the drive-in and it freaked him out (he's still a bit afraid of spiders!). But the MST3K version is hilarious! Oooh. Maybe tonight we'll watch it, again.

Calla Lily
06-27-2007, 04:10 PM
OH! I was wondering if anyone knew where the "This potato has big ears." (picture of a rabbit) reference comes from? I have seen this on t-shirts for MST but I don't know the episode.

Deathstalker and the Warriors from Hell, I think. One of my all-time favorites, along with The Day the Earth Froze. (Sampo!)

Robot Monster! Can anything beat a "space alien" in a gorilla suit with a diving bell on its head? And the Million Bubble Machine: Aagh! Lawrence Welk is coming! Hide the kids!

And one of the best lines ever--from the actual movie, not Mike and the Bots:

"You're so bossy, you ought to be milked before you come home at night."

ccarver30
06-27-2007, 04:20 PM
The MST movies give me hope about writing... someone MADE these movies from something someone wrote for God's sake!!! LOL

ccarver30
06-27-2007, 04:27 PM
Maybe tonight we'll watch it, again.

I watch one every day! I ony have 12!!! LOL And some aren't very funny i.e. Hercules Unchained so I watch the same ones over and over. I need help!!

Calla Lily
06-27-2007, 04:31 PM
ccarver, you definitely need to spend some of your hard-earned cash on more MST! I got my last 2 collections on eBay.

Novelust
06-27-2007, 04:48 PM
You can find a surprising amount of MST3k on Youtube. It's never the best quality, and it comes in bite-sized chunks, but it's there.

ccarver30
06-27-2007, 05:10 PM
ccarver, you definitely need to spend some of your hard-earned cash on more MST! I got my last 2 collections on eBay.

I have 2 coming as we speak! :tongue
I am also debating on buying Vol. 5...
If you look on MST ebay, you are sure to see my screen name!

ccarver30
06-27-2007, 05:33 PM
Ok, I just bought one of my faves - The Brain that wouldn't die!

Calla Lily
06-27-2007, 05:38 PM
He's at the 20--the 10--he-could-go-all-the-way!

One of my faves--She-Creature. Sleep! And the dog: C'mere--I'll show you I'm not the only one that craps on the floor!

Soccer Mom
06-27-2007, 09:35 PM
Ah! Sweet mystery of life at last I found you!

:ROFL:

Gravity
06-27-2007, 10:44 PM
Fugitive Alien, anyone? The one where all the outer space baddies are whisper-thin young Japanese men wearing bright red Susan Hayward wigs? "I flipped and I didn't even have to!" And from the theme song: "He tr-i-i-i-ied to kill me with a fork lift! Ole!"

And then of course we have Manos, the Hands of Fate. Words truly fail me with that one. When a dead poodle can out-act the rest of the cast...you do the math.

Calla Lily
06-27-2007, 11:05 PM
I love it when Mike plays Torgo--remember the pizza he kept warm under his armpit?

And one of the best lines ever, from The Creeping Terror, when the monster is...er...rhythmically trying to get to the teenagers in the car:

Bot: Uh...Mike?

Mike: You see, when a monster and a little car love each other very much...

Novelust
06-27-2007, 11:14 PM
"Movie? Is this our star? I do not accept this as our star. Movie."

WriterInChains
06-27-2007, 11:35 PM
I got dizzy trying to think of which MST3K movie I love the most -- maybe I'll have to watch 'em all again & see! :)

Gotta love Zombie Nightmare! Adam West is supercool as the jaded alkie detective! He was such a good sport about being riffed too.

I haven't seen it mentioned here, but for anyone who doesn't know, Mike & Co. are riffing newer movies too -- Rifftrax. Some of those are a riot (I'm sure they all are, but I'm still working my way through the list)! Sure, y'have to do a little work for these, but they're worth it! :) My daugher & I were crying while we watched the StarTrek one.

Dirk Hardpecs hehe

*lol @ Novelust's line from Time Chasers*

Tonight I'll need a "TV's Frank" fix for sure! :)

Calla Lily
06-27-2007, 11:44 PM
Ooh! Is Rifftrax an online thing? Ooh!

ETA: WriterInChains, if I could give you more than one rep point for telling me of this piece o' heaven, I would! Thanks!

Novelust
06-27-2007, 11:54 PM
~My, my, my, my Mitchell~

"My, my, my, MY GOD....!"

Justin91
06-28-2007, 02:22 AM
I have loved this show since my college days! I didnt realize you can buy them now...

Writer2011
06-28-2007, 02:26 AM
I watched about two minutes of one show---found it rather offensive but that's just me.

Justin91
06-28-2007, 03:10 AM
I watched about two minutes of one show---found it rather offensive but that's just me.

What in particular did you find offensive?

I do beleive you have to be in a right state of mind to enjoy the silly humour of MST. For example, a person who is angry all the time will get very little enjoyment from MST.

Calla Lily
06-28-2007, 03:18 AM
Tired and punchy works best for me. The riffs I chuckle at on a Saturday afternoon are pants-peeing hilarious around 11:30 at night.

"Mike, I'm going to get a stepladder so you can jump up my butt!"

Justin91
06-28-2007, 03:22 AM
"I see you have set the wall for dinner." hahaha (I had a few drinks before this one...)

ccarver30
06-28-2007, 03:49 PM
Has it been mentioned that "manos" means "hands" in spanish? LOL What a title twist, movie!!

Calla Lily
06-28-2007, 04:23 PM
Someone created a handbag pattern with the Hands of Fate on it. Every time I see it on the Net I'm tempted to knit it just so people will ask "What on earth is that?!".;)

ccarver30
06-28-2007, 05:17 PM
LOL!!!

Novelust
06-28-2007, 05:18 PM
Someone created a handbag pattern with the Hands of Fate on it. Every time I see it on the Net I'm tempted to knit it just so people will ask "What on earth is that?!".;)

For all the crazy looks you'd get, it might be worth it for the three people who pass you, double-take, and then start humming Torgo's theme.

L.Jones
06-28-2007, 05:31 PM
I'd like to say how much my whole family loves MST3K but as I like to remind my children when they try to express themselves too excitedly:
"Feelings are for ethnic people" (A Date with Your Family)

I sooooo wish more were on dvd-
we play a game in the car - make a wisecrack and see who can guess which movie it's from.

annie jones
aka Luanne Jones (The Southern Comforts - Mira Books, out now though good luck finding it - sigh)

WriterInChains
06-28-2007, 06:45 PM
Ooh! Is Rifftrax an online thing? Ooh!

ETA: WriterInChains, if I could give you more than one rep point for telling me of this piece o' heaven, I would! Thanks!

You're very welcome. It's not only the tapes we have to circulate. ;)

ccarver30
06-28-2007, 09:46 PM
I think I deserve some rep points for bringing us all together... ;)

"My stairstepper!!"

Calla Lily
06-28-2007, 10:01 PM
I think I deserve some rep points for bringing us all together... ;)

"My stairstepper!!"

Most point-worthy.

"Yes, she has a PhD, but she still has to serve Drinks to Men!"

ccarver30
06-28-2007, 11:06 PM
"Trains are holy, blameless creatures..."

Calla Lily
06-28-2007, 11:20 PM
"Trains are holy, blameless creatures..."

Drawing a complete blank on this one...

Gravity
06-28-2007, 11:41 PM
I'll never forget Red Zone Cuba, and its theme, the lovely "Night Train to Mundo Fine", warbled by an even more dessicated-than-normal-looking John Carradine. That man could sell a tune, let me tell you...

Novelust
06-29-2007, 12:03 AM
"And I thrust the saw into the soft, yeilding wood..."

underthecity
06-29-2007, 12:52 AM
I'll never forget Red Zone Cuba

I remember that one. It was really painful to watch. I remember one quote, I believe said by Tom Servo: "This is the worst use of split screen I have ever seen!" (Or words to that effect.)

allen

ccarver30
06-29-2007, 03:58 PM
Mine is from Shorts Vol. 2 where the cop comes and talks to the farm family about driving safety!

Calla Lily
06-29-2007, 04:20 PM
Got it. And from the "summer on the farm" short (don't remember the title):

Mom leads a life of quiet desperation.

ccarver30
06-29-2007, 05:44 PM
^ That's from the short where the kid realizes his parents do a lot and he decides to help out cuz the family is a team! LOL

Calla Lily
06-29-2007, 06:24 PM
From the Juvenile Delinquents short and the juvie wannabee comes home in his "gang attire":

Expecting a flood, son?

ccarver30
06-29-2007, 07:11 PM
"I miss complaining already." (Space Mutiny before the movie starts; Crow talking about the new encyclopedias.)

So, what is everyone's favorite episode?
Worst episode?

Sidehackers and The Girl in Gold Boots both kind of suck. :-P

Calla Lily
06-29-2007, 07:21 PM
Can't possibly pick a favorite! I can do top 5, I think (no particular order):

Space Mutiny
Deathstalker and the Warriors from Hell
The Creeping Terror
Robot vs. the Aztec Mummy (possibly the worst movie ever cobbled together from TWO bad movies! I've seen the standalone The Aztec Mummy)
The Final Sacrifice
Sampson vs. the Vampire Women--the wrestling getup! and the vampires who get a running start and STILL can't fly!

(Yeah, I know...that's 6.)

But then there are the ones where I liked the actual movies before I saw the MST versions:

Robot Monster (I have a 3-D print of that. Hysterical!)
Bride of the Monster, Beast of Yucca Flats (okay, anything starring Tor Johnson)
anything Godzilla

Worst MST top 3:

Girl in Gold Boots
Racket Girls
And the one from the last or 2nd-last season starring Joe Don Baker as a cop. I fell asleep during that one.

But when I go home and stare at my collection I'll think of others...

Like Prince of Space (Bawk!) and Devil Doll and...

ccarver30
06-29-2007, 07:27 PM
I think Mitchell is one of the ones with Joe Don Baker. LOL

I llooovvee Prince of Space and Space Mutiny.
When you kill someone in one scene and they show up a few minutes later alive and well, something is wrong! ("Hey, she died!!")

I have found that the episodes are ever better when you listen to them with earphones. You can hear every crack the guys make!

Novelust
06-29-2007, 07:41 PM
There were two Joe Don Baker movies - Mitchell was one of the Joel seasons. Sorry, I don't remember the other one.

Gravity
06-29-2007, 08:01 PM
If a bulldog could speak his own name, it would sound like this (from Final Sacrifice): "Rowsdower!"

And the single most numbingly repetitive line, ever (from Outlaw): "Cabot? Cabot? Cabot! Cabot? Cabot...? Cabot!" And so on. And on. And on.

C.bronco
06-29-2007, 08:10 PM
I think the one with the spiders from the meteorite was the worst one.

Calla Lily
06-29-2007, 08:46 PM
I think the one with the spiders from the meteorite was the worst one.

"Like a Rock!"

"Packers!"

"I hope the Earth has its diaphragm on."

Novelust
06-29-2007, 08:48 PM
"Ding-ding-ding-ding-ding-ding-ding. ...That was a train, going through the pause."

"This is where the fish lives."

"Ha-ha-ha, public domain, we don't have to pay anyone."

ccarver30
06-29-2007, 09:13 PM
Check out the link WriterinChains gave me:

http://www.cupandblade.com/store/catalog/index.php?cPath=21

III
06-29-2007, 09:39 PM
I love MST3k. If I had to pick a favorite, it'd probably be the Master Ninja starring Timothy VanPatten and Lee Van Cleef. MST had more episodes where I laughed so hard I couldn't breathe than any other TV series.

ccarver30
06-29-2007, 09:42 PM
The most disturbing one to me is Catching Trouble (short). Good lord! I try not to even watch it- the movie itself is so repulsive.

Calla Lily
06-29-2007, 09:55 PM
:e2bummed:

Y'all will shortly have to carry on without me. My work is changing server proxies today and we have to get permission to access ANY site on the web. Somehow I don't think AW will qualify. :e2cry:

I'll have to get my MST fix after work now...

[pictures the management as Big McLarge Huge behind us all, screeching, "Move! Move! Move! Move! Move!"]

Calla Lily
06-29-2007, 09:58 PM
Oh--before the new server kicks in! One of my great "huh?" moments:

The "Hired!" short where the old guy drapes the handkerchief over his head and delivers the rest of his lines thus crowned. :Wha:

And up there on the "most annoying" list: The animated spring from the "cranky guy gets his comeuppance about springs" short.

ccarver30
06-29-2007, 10:19 PM
The Springs one is very odd!!!
We'll miss you Calla! :(

Novelust
06-29-2007, 10:21 PM
Nooooo Springs! *Whistles*

Gravity
06-29-2007, 10:29 PM
Nope, the weirdest short, bar none, has to be Mister B Natural. Sweet Lord above, that thing was disturbing on about fifteen different levels. Mike: "Bad touch..."

ccarver30
06-29-2007, 10:38 PM
I barely remember that one! I need to see it again! :)

ccarver30
06-29-2007, 10:53 PM
Railing kill!!!

Calla Lily
06-29-2007, 11:09 PM
(In a super-thick New Joisey accent:)

Excuse me, I'm recombinin' DNA here!

(Server countdown ticking...)

ccarver30
06-29-2007, 11:12 PM
I should have a new episode waiting in my mailbox!! *hopes*

underthecity
06-30-2007, 12:05 AM
Nope, the weirdest short, bar none, has to be Mister B Natural.

"Honey, you spilled your cocaine all over the piano!"

underthecity
06-30-2007, 12:07 AM
Worst MST top 3:
. . . .
Racket Girls

"That was a good crap!"

III
06-30-2007, 12:28 AM
Nope, the weirdest short, bar none, has to be Mister B Natural. Sweet Lord above, that thing was disturbing on about fifteen different levels. Mike: "Bad touch..."

Mr B, you're HOT!

Novelust
06-30-2007, 12:56 AM
Cave Dwellers:

"How much Keefe is in this movie?"
"Miles O'Keefe!"

"Why is she limping?"
"'Cause she's got an arrow in her chest."

Pod People:

"Trumpy! You can do stupid things!"

"And now in Movie D..."

" 'Flying over trout?' "
"Lyrics by Mrs. Johnson's kindergarten class."

Calla Lily
06-30-2007, 01:01 AM
"Tolkien couldn't follow this plot!"

(home now--ahh, AW access!)

WriterInChains
06-30-2007, 07:49 AM
Some of my favorites would have to be Outlaw, Puma Man, and Revenge of the Creature.

From Revenge (just watched it tonight over dinner :))

"Don't let the smile touch your eyes, that's the rule with John Agar."

"Parade of tiny, disturbing shorts."

"This is his first and last movie." (About the hunky Mr. Eastwood.)

And who doesn't love Merlin's Shop of Mystical Wonders??
Ernest Borgnine's twisted idea of a bedtime story, full of demons, attempted murder and infertility, and this wonderful line: "Rock 'n' roll mar-tian."

Anyone who hasn't seen Santa Claus or Jack Frost -- well, you're missing some wonderfully twisted stuff! :)

*wanders off muttering* "Where's my record?"

ccarver30
07-02-2007, 05:17 PM
WOW The Crawling Hand is BAD (not in a good way)! And Tom's voice is different! ACK!

ccarver30
07-03-2007, 04:10 PM
I just spent an assload of money on some movies!!! Gah!

Calla Lily
07-05-2007, 08:56 PM
ccarver, hadn't you seen any really early episodes before? You MUST get ahold of Robot vs. the Aztec Mummy. Ep 2 of the first Comedy Channel season. Soul-crushingly awful--and the Demon Dogs attacking the SoL are hysterical. Love how the stagehands are tossing them across the screen when they overrun the joint.

"Doesn't every mad scientist keep a snake pit in his lab?"

Calla Lily
07-05-2007, 08:57 PM
Oh--and I have a bunch more movies coming next week. SO worth brown-bagging lunch forever. :D

underthecity
07-06-2007, 12:34 PM
Has anyone ever seen "Season 0," their "first" season before the show went on Comedy Central? I have a tape of three of the shows. Crow has a different voice, and there is no TV's Frank, rather there's Doctor Earhardt, a guy with glasses and fuzzy black hair. Doctor Earhardt is very hammy. I can't remember why he was on the show or why Frank Conniff replaced him.

Also, the jokes were much less frequent. A minute of the movie might go by until one of them would offer a comment.

The theme was pretty much identical, except for some of the lyrics.

allen

ccarver30
07-06-2007, 03:52 PM
That was a long time ago, Calla! I don't think I remember them all that I have seen. :\
I watched Manos, the Hands of Fate and OMG WOW. I can't believe that piece of $hit was made!!! WOW, so bad!!
I also got to see some of the Poopie! bloopers. :) Mike is so cute. <3

Oh, and I don't think I have seen a KTMA episode.

Calla Lily
07-06-2007, 04:55 PM
I haven't seen a KTMA ep either.

ccarver30
07-06-2007, 05:18 PM
I just can't get enough of Prince of Space. I have listened to it at work for the past few days... LOL

"Can I just learn to read then I'll go back to work?"

Calla Lily
07-06-2007, 05:32 PM
Try The Atomic Brain. I esp. like it when the guys have animals comment. the dog's lines in She-Creature are great.

Have you seen Invasion of the Neptuen Men? It's the sequel to PoS. It's so bad, Mike and the bots come out halfway through and contemplate suicide, but Krankor from PoS shows up and gives them hope! :Wha:

WriterInChains
07-07-2007, 07:25 AM
Has anyone ever seen "Season 0," their "first" season before the show went on Comedy Central? I have a tape of three of the shows. Crow has a different voice, and there is no TV's Frank, rather there's Doctor Earhardt, a guy with glasses and fuzzy black hair. Doctor Earhardt is very hammy. I can't remember why he was on the show or why Frank Conniff replaced him.

Also, the jokes were much less frequent. A minute of the movie might go by until one of them would offer a comment.

The theme was pretty much identical, except for some of the lyrics.

allen

I have a set of grainy DVDs from Season 0. Not the greatest riffing, but it's kind of like watching kindergarteners -- you know the potential's there, but they need practice. :D

I'm more of a Mike person (as opposed to a Joel person) anyway, his scathing social satire is the coolest. And his songs. Joel's a genius, but never seemed as comfortable in front of the camera -- it has an affect on me. Some of the episodes are supergreat, though.

ccarver30
07-10-2007, 04:55 PM
I went on vacation this weekend at had 11 episodes waiting for me in the mailbox! Yay! :)

WriterInChains
07-10-2007, 06:21 PM
What'd ya get?

ccarver30
07-10-2007, 06:45 PM
1. 102 - THE ROBOT VS. THE AZTEC MUMMY with short: COMMANDO CODY AND THE RADAR MEN FROM THE MOON PT 1

2. 319- WAR OF THE COLOSSAL BEAST with short: MR. B. NATURAL

3. 422- THE DAY THE EARTH FROZE with short: HERE COMES THE CIRCUS

4. 703- DEATHSTALKER AND THE WARRIORS FROM HELL

5. 808 - THE SHE CREATURE

6. 810 - THE GIANT SPIDER INVASION

7. 812 - THE INCREDIBLY STRANGE CREATURES WHO STOPPED LIVING AND BECAME MIXED-UP ZOMBIES

8. 912- THE SCREAMING SKULL with short: ROBOT RUMPUS

9. 913- QUEST OF THE DELTA KNIGHTS

10. 1013- DIABOLIK

11. The Brain that Wouldn't Die

Calla Lily
07-10-2007, 06:54 PM
You know that The Day the Earth Froze is the "Sampo!" one, right?

I love Deathstalker! And Robot vs. Aztec Mummy is bad on so many levels it's hard to know where to begin. :)

She-Creature is another "Sleep!" movie. And Tom Servo (I think) gives the dog some lines.

Excellent choices. I applaud your tastes.

Mine haven't arrivet yet, alas. (Altho the DH and I are rabid Tour de France fans, so I won't be watching much else at night for 3 weeks.)

ccarver30
07-10-2007, 07:00 PM
Well I have to thank you all because your comments determined my choices!! :)

underthecity
07-10-2007, 11:55 PM
I have a HUGE box of tapes in my basement full of MST3K episodes. If I had the time, I'd sit down and watch them all.

But I can't. I have a full time job and I write. I have no time right now to watch even the Doctor Who episodes I taped last year. And DW is back again. When am I ever going to watch?

I remember all the episodes you listed (Diabolik is one of the later season episodes on Comedy Central, IIRC).

And I like Joel and Mike equally (and I met Mike at the convention! I was so tongue tied, this is what I said: "Mike . . . you are so cool!" He squinted at my namebadge and said, "Well, Allen, I think you're cool, too." He said I was cool! Isn't that awesome?). I mean, I watched years of Joel episodes and was just so used to him. Mike made periodic appearances as background characters until he became the janitor for Deep Space 9 and was sent to the SOL to replace Joel. I was sad to see Joel leave, but Mike was a lot of fun, too.

But when Frank left and Pearl became a regular, well, that's when things kind of fell apart for me and the show. I stopped watching regularly. I just couldn't get into the whole "brain guys" and apes and Pearl and all that stuff. I still have no idea what any of that was about. Sigh.

But I'll always love the show. Always.

allen

ccarver30
07-11-2007, 12:16 AM
I thought I liked Joel more, but I am finding that Mike is funnier. Either way Mike was the head writer so even if Joel says something great, it was probably Mike's idea. :)

I could do w/o any of the "mads" or "brain guys". Just gimme the movie!

Stacia Kane
07-11-2007, 12:32 AM
Mike wrote a hysterical book about movies--The Only Movie Guide You'll Ever Need, I think?

I preferred Joel on the show though. "Ancient Chinese Secret, huh?"

And the Sandy Frank song...

I wish they were all available on DVD and not just a few. I'd pay any price. Underthecity, you should burn those videos onto DVD.

underthecity
07-11-2007, 12:42 AM
Mike Nelson's Movie Megacheese (http://www.amazon.com/Nelsons-Movie-Megacheese-Michael-Nelson/dp/0380814676) is probably the one you're thinking about. I have a copy of it. His writing reminds me a little of Dave Barry.

Wish I had the time to burn them to DVD. I also have entire Turkey Day Marathon host segments on tape, back when they were really funny.

allen

Shwebb
07-11-2007, 01:06 AM
Here (http://www.dapcentral.org/) is a link to the Digital Archive Project, where you can (according to them) download legal episodes of MST3K. If Rhino releases them on DVD for sale, they take them off their site.

DAP has been a lifesaver for me, as far as my MST3K fix goes. And I've found a great deal of other episodes I'd have never seen, otherwise!

Did I mention that I also became a member of Netflix to get the ones I can't get on DAP?

Oh, and hubby and I bought the track to "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory" on Rifftrax and watched it last night, since it was already a favorite childhood movie. Not bad, but not as great as I wanted. I think we'll have to go for the "Glitter" or "Roadhouse" for something really bad/good.

ccarver30
07-11-2007, 03:55 PM
I watched Mr. B Natural and The Colassal Man 2 thing. Mike as Glen (drinking from a silo) is so funny. LOL

I still think the Catcing Trouble short is the most disturbing!

SherryTex
07-11-2007, 04:14 PM
Watching the one with Sean Connery's brother! Pain. Can't breathe.

Robot Roll Call!

ccarver30
07-11-2007, 05:56 PM
I have the Delta Knights one on now. :)

ccarver30
07-12-2007, 06:46 PM
Today I am listening to the Giant Spider Invasion. This one is very good- they are quipping A LOT!

Crow called Alan Hale a "pork vacuum". Awesome!

Calla Lily
07-12-2007, 07:01 PM
"Packers!"

Love the giant pipe-cleaner spider in the dresser drawer.

Shwebb
07-12-2007, 07:27 PM
Funny thing about "Giant Spider Invasion." My husband remembers going to see it at the drive-in as a little kid and credits that movie with giving him a touch of arachnophobia!

It was so neat when MST3K came out with their version and my husband could see how funny his scary movie was! It's still one of his favorite MST3K movies. It's nicely satorized, and it brings back some great memories for him.

maxmordon
07-16-2007, 03:26 AM
I remember when I was a kid I used to watch it on cable, but because it was in English I didn't understand anything (but I thought the robots were pretty cool)

8 years later I am on youtube and discovered a video of the TV show, and I became hooked instanstly. I have downloaded many episodes and watched dozens more on youtube

I am now a Mistie and an example that MST3K is alive and growing!

From the movie Santa Claus:

(Santa recieves hundreds of letters): "there is a dollar in every one, my chainmail scam is working!"

ccarver30
07-16-2007, 03:45 PM
The best is when they reference another movie within a movie. If you haven't seen the one they are referencing, it makes no sense- but if you have it is hilarious. :)

Calla Lily
07-16-2007, 09:15 PM
13 new episodes arrived in today's mail! Woo-hoo! And this is the Tour de France rest day--so I am officially hijacking the TV. After Doctor Who, of course. But that's another thread.

Did I meniton---woo-hoo? :D

ccarver30
07-17-2007, 06:02 PM
Ooohh Calla!! WAHOO!!!!!

Calla Lily
07-17-2007, 06:04 PM
And of course we got busy last night and I only had time for the good Doctor. Argh. Plus I got Charlaine Harris' next in the Sookie Stackhouse series out of the library and I was almost late to work this morning because I had to find out how the chapter ended!

An embarrassment of riches. I can handle it. :D

WriterInChains
07-17-2007, 07:28 PM
I have to take back my "Mike is better" comments -- I watched Pod People last night for the first time in years & LMAO!

"This movie isn't about pods. It isn't about people." -Mads

"This guy's got Ren Fair written all over him." -Joel

"Okay, so this is movie number four?" -Servo

"McCloud!" -Crow

Calla Lily
07-17-2007, 07:30 PM
I so want to ditch work right now and run home to watch my new MSTs! :(

ccarver30
07-19-2007, 09:52 PM
I listen to them AT work! No ones knows I am listening to movies.

Today was The Screaming Skull.

Movie: Jenny!
Crow: I've got your number!

Crow: Everyone knows its Slinkskull.

Calla Lily
07-19-2007, 10:18 PM
I am SO jealous.

I watched The Lost Continent the other night (early Joel). Mike as Hugh Beaumont in his Father Knows Best character, calmly telling Joel and the Bots how he's one of the Horsemen from the Apocalypse.

ccarver30
07-20-2007, 12:06 AM
I love when they talk all broken-like as Torgo from Manos: Hands of fate.

underthecity
07-20-2007, 01:26 AM
My favorite line from Manos, the Hands of Fate:

Joel: Oh, Torgo, I wasn't going to kill you. Come here, you big lug.

allen

ccarver30
07-20-2007, 04:02 PM
^^ I love when Joel yells, "Someone wanna break the ice!?!"

Calla Lily
07-20-2007, 04:44 PM
The Manos guy flaps open his robe--again.

"Seen it!"

(Maybe I should knit that Manos handbag...)

ccarver30
07-20-2007, 08:54 PM
Oh, I forgot to mention the short for The Screaming Skull.
Gumby!!!
"Mrs. Gumby is stacked!" - Tom Servo
"My tail is lifting...!" - Mike (as Pokey)

ccarver30
07-20-2007, 09:24 PM
Oh dear lord. I put in The war of the collasal beast... I forgot the short was Mr. B Natural!!!!!!! *eeeeeeekkkk!!!!!*

Shwebb
07-20-2007, 09:28 PM
Okay, y'all.

Having guests over tomorrow, and we think we might try out a Rifftrax. Mr. Shwebb and I are considering "The Matrix." Has anyone seen the Rifftrax version of it?

Fortunately, the male half of the married couple coming over is my husband's best friend, and we used to have a "date" with him every Saturday when MST3K was on. So at least we know he gets it. Not as sure about his wife, but she'll hopefully have a good time, too.

How many of you have enjoyed the Rifftrax?

WriterInChains
07-20-2007, 11:34 PM
Hi Shwebb!

My kiddo & I watched the Matrix Riffed & it was hilarious. Not as funny as Star Trek V, but still a riot. I like the ones with Nelson, Murphy and Corbett the best -- it's like a whole new MST3K episode -- but Nelson & Murphy are great on their own too. I doubt you'll be sorry if you like MST3K, or The Matrix -- my daughter & I both loved The Matrix (the first one!!).

Have a blast! :)
~C

P.S. The X Men is hilarious too, but even with Rifftrax the pod racing scene in Star Wars Episode 1 was too much. :P

ccarver30
05-16-2008, 07:30 PM
I just ordered 12 more movies! 1 from ebay and 11 from cheepnis.com!!

ccarver30
05-22-2008, 05:07 PM
A date with your family (short) is one of the funniest things I have ever seen. LOL

maxmordon
04-03-2010, 05:29 PM
I'll never forget Red Zone Cuba, and its theme, the lovely "Night Train to Mundo Fine", warbled by an even more dessicated-than-normal-looking John Carradine. That man could sell a tune, let me tell you...

"Fortunely, Cuba has only 8 guys in it"

I saw this one the other night, it's pure pain...

I recently got Vol. 1 of the DVDs (The Catalina Caper, The Skydivers, Bloodlust and The Creeping Terror), though I requested to the person who bought it one that was Santa Claus Conquers The Martians and Manos in a single volume.

Wavy_Blue
04-04-2010, 07:31 AM
"Fortunely, Cuba has only 8 guys in it"

I saw this one the other night, it's pure pain...

I recently got Vol. 1 of the DVDs (The Catalina Caper, The Skydivers, Bloodlust and The Creeping Terror), though I requested to the person who bought it one that was Santa Claus Conquers The Martians and Manos in a single volume.

I only got through the first few minutes of Red Zone Cuba. I need to try that one again.

Man, I wish I owned those sets, but they're so darn expensive for only four movies. I was lucky enough to find Manos at a used video store, but that's the only one I own.

maxmordon
04-04-2010, 06:48 PM
I only got through the first few minutes of Red Zone Cuba. I need to try that one again.

Man, I wish I owned those sets, but they're so darn expensive for only four movies. I was lucky enough to find Manos at a used video store, but that's the only one I own.

Yes, I saw how expensive they are and I think I shall try to get them in, other ways....

Calla Lily
04-05-2010, 04:45 AM
I think someone upthread mentioned cheepnis.com--I've gotten almost all my MST DVDs from them. Now that Rhino has lost the rights to a bunch, they have even more you can buy at only $6/movie. I've spent quite a bit there.

Yes, I'm an addict. I'll only stop when I own all the eps I want. :D

Aleta
05-01-2010, 06:18 AM
has to be the best episode of what was a great show. thank God for Netflix so i can rewatch all the good ones. although, i have to admit i fast forwad through the sketches. i tend to not find that part funny.

"Werewolf" is also downright hilarious.

ccarver30
04-03-2012, 09:23 PM
Bringing this back to life!! I have The Thing that Couldn't Die (youtube) going right now. :)

Calla Lily
04-03-2012, 11:11 PM
I just watched the similarly-titled The Brain that Wouldn't Die last night! Great minds...

Also watched one of my all-time favorites over the weekend: The Creeping Terror.

"You see, when a monster and a little car love each other very much..." :roll:

PrincessofPersia
04-03-2012, 11:19 PM
Just popping in to say that I LOVE MST3K. I have seen the movie about 15 times, and I've seen my favorite episodes several times. I haven't gotten through the entire series yet, but the ones I love are some of my favorite things to watch.

I've seen a couple Rifftrax as well, and they were pretty hilarious (Twilight and Jurassic Park). I want to watch Star Wars: Episode 1, but that movie is so damn bad, I can't watch it even with those guys ripping on it.

Manuel Royal
04-04-2012, 12:18 AM
I discovered MST3K in 1993, when I was sleeping on my brother's living room floor because I had to give all my money to my freshly-divorced ex-wife. I think the first one I saw might have been Warrior of the Lost World.

You can actually get Manos: The Hands of Fate on DVD in a non-MST3K form. How the Hell does anyone sit through that movie without constant jokes? I'd need a lot of booze.

Shadow Dragon
04-04-2012, 02:30 AM
The first episode I saw of it was The Melting Man, or something like that. The only thing I can really remember of that movie is that it was black and white, and had this guy who was melting the entire time. If memory serves it was a small asteroid that was somehow causing him to melt but I can't say for sure.

Some of those movies were just so weird and so bad.

danrupe
04-04-2012, 03:38 AM
There's a stirring in my little clonus! :roll:

Calla Lily
04-04-2012, 03:51 AM
"Rock climbing, Joel. Rock climbing."

Alessandra Kelley
04-04-2012, 04:07 AM
Holy cow! I've never seen this thread before.

My husband and I started watching MST3K together around 1990, before we were married. I learned to draw Japanese people from "Fugitive Alien." We love the Gamera movies. We love the goofy songs.

"Side hacking is the thing to do,
And it doesn't hurt to have a low IQ..."

"Creepy Girl, won't you be mine,
I'll give you scrolls and fish and Tinkertoys and wine..."

We have just about every available episode home-taped on VHS.

Alas, we no longer have a working VHS player ... :(

Okay, babble over now.

Calla Lily
04-04-2012, 04:23 AM
Alessandra, I've spent an embarrassing amount of money at cheepnis.com buying MSTs I didn't tape or that weren't owned by Rh!no. (To the point that I send funny comments to the owner when I place orders now. :rolleyes:) Mr. Lily converted my tapes to DVD a couple summers back, but there were huge gaps in my collection. Not any more.

Now I wait for R!ffTrax to put their sync'ed comments on DVD. Joel and a few regulars do some online stuff now too, but I prefer Mike's gang to Joel's gang, overall.

Gravity
04-04-2012, 04:45 AM
Apropos of nothing, I have in my possession a copy of the Giant Episode Guide, autographed by the whole crew of those whacky Best Brains misfits.

And no, it's not for sale. So, nyahhh. :tongue

Alessandra Kelley
04-04-2012, 04:47 AM
Apropos of nothing, I have in my possession a copy of the Giant Episode Guide, autographed by the whole crew of those whacky Best Brains misfits.

Us too, oddly enough.

Of course, the kids have read it so many times, the cover's falling off. So much for collectability.

TedTheewen
04-04-2012, 10:38 AM
And yet the other night I was singing, "He tried to kill me with a forklift.."

Brilliant work!

Hey, who's that guy with the big head?

Torgo
04-04-2012, 12:58 PM
*Lurks creepily in the background*

Calla Lily
04-04-2012, 03:51 PM
So envious, Gravity and Alessandra!

Torgo, show us your knees! :tongue

underthecity
04-04-2012, 04:19 PM

I still have my episode guide (unsigned), but I also have the program from the 1994 Conventio-Con-Expo-Fest-Arama (http://www.mst3kinfo.com/mstfaq/concon.html) signed by the whole MST staff. My sister and I drove all the way out to Minnesota for that adventure while I was in college. One of the funnest weekends of my life.

ccarver30
08-17-2012, 10:44 PM
The first episode I saw of it was The Melting Man, or something like that. The only thing I can really remember of that movie is that it was black and white, and had this guy who was melting the entire time. If memory serves it was a small asteroid that was somehow causing him to melt but I can't say for sure.

Some of those movies were just so weird and so bad.

It sounds like you are combining The Incredible Melting Man and Track of the Moon Beast. Neither of these were in black and white so maybe there is an episode I don't recall that fits your description.

Huzzah!

My favorite episodes include: The brain that wouldn't die, Mitchell, The She Creature, Jack Frost, Shorts Volume 2, and Devil Doll.

Calla Lily
08-17-2012, 10:47 PM
The She Creature

[I]Sleep!

They're doing a live riff, simulcast to movie theaters, on 10/25 of a stinker called Birdemic. We already have our tix! :D

Jess Haines
08-17-2012, 11:51 PM
I found out I just missed them doing a live Riff of Manos: The Hands of Fate in my neighborhood. Dang it. :(

TedTheewen
08-18-2012, 03:26 AM
I found out I just missed them doing a live Riff of Manos: The Hands of Fate in my neighborhood. Dang it. :(

OMG...you missed that? I totally wanted to be there but I'm in Wisconsin and broke. Damn. I heard it rocked!

Jess Haines
08-20-2012, 11:51 PM
OMG...you missed that? I totally wanted to be there but I'm in Wisconsin and broke. Damn. I heard it rocked!

Yeah. Darn it all. At least I have the MST3K version on DVD! ;)

Fuchsia
08-25-2012, 03:48 AM

I realize this question is from 2007, but as it was never answered...

"This potato has big ears" is from the Joel ep. "Pod People," my favorite. Crow is speaking as the alien Trumpy, and he's looking at the little kid's pets, referring to all of them as some kind of potato. It's totally random, and totally hilarious.

Other favs include:
- Night of the Blood Beast
- I Accuse My Parents
- Warrior of the Lost World (Megaweapon!)
- The Beatniks
- Prince of Space
- Monster A-Go-Go
- Laserblast
- The Final Sacrifice

I'd quote random funny lines at this point, if I wasn't too brain dead right now to think of any...

Final thought for this post: I do like Mike - he's more caustic and a little more hip. But Joel? I just adore his deadpan, laid-back delivery... also, I always thought he was really cute. <3

Jess Haines
08-26-2012, 03:46 AM
I used to have on VHS (and have long-since lost) an MST black-and-white movie where the monster was a--I shit you not--giant shag carpet.

Like, you could see the sneakers of people under it.

Really, it was supposed to be a space monster, but there was no getting around it. Giant. Shag. Carpet.

What movie was that?

Calla Lily
08-26-2012, 05:11 AM
The Creeping Terror.

One of my top 5 MSTs.

I just watched the RiffTrax House on Haunted Hill. Excellent, as always.

amblack
08-26-2012, 07:31 AM
YESSSSSSS!

Hobgoblins is one of my favorites (paraphrasing)-

"Sir we have an accident down at the studio-"
"What is it?"

"We..we made "Hobgoblins".

Rifftrax for Twilight is also hella funny!

Jess Haines
08-27-2012, 11:44 PM
The Creeping Terror.

One of my top 5 MSTs.

I just watched the RiffTrax House on Haunted Hill. Excellent, as always.

Yay, thank you!! Now, to hunt it down on DVD... To the Amazon-mobile! Away! :D

amblack
08-28-2012, 11:29 PM
I used to have on VHS (and have long-since lost) an MST black-and-white movie where the monster was a--I shit you not--giant shag carpet.

Like, you could see the sneakers of people under it.

Really, it was supposed to be a space monster, but there was no getting around it. Giant. Shag. Carpet.

What movie was that?

Oh man I am glad someone else remembers that one! It was so sad it almost wasn't hilarious.

Jess Haines
08-28-2012, 11:59 PM
Oh man I am glad someone else remembers that one! It was so sad it almost wasn't hilarious.

The MST commentary on that one was gold. ;)

Stacia Kane
08-29-2012, 12:01 AM
I realize this question is from 2007, but as it was never answered...

"This potato has big ears" is from the Joel ep. "Pod People," my favorite. Crow is speaking as the alien Trumpy, and he's looking at the little kid's pets, referring to all of them as some kind of potato. It's totally random, and totally hilarious.

Sack of monkeys in my pocket,
My sister's ready to go!
Hear the engines roll now

Fuchsia
09-03-2012, 02:12 AM
Idiot control now!

Calla Lily
09-03-2012, 05:34 AM
The MST commentary on that one was gold. ;)

"When a monster and a little car love each other very much..."

Torgo
09-03-2012, 01:54 PM
"We like it VERY MUCH."

Marian Perera
09-03-2012, 02:32 PM
Once I dated a hot guy who introduced me to MST3K. One of the things that contributed to his charm. ;)

I was hooked on the show right away. He had a collection of tapes, so we would watch episodes and make out during the host segments. Then I would reluctantly but firmly disengage the moment we had movie sign.

Still not sure if I had my priorities straight.

Chris P
09-03-2012, 02:44 PM
Wow, this thread takes me back. I spent a good part of my last two years of undergrad taping the episodes on VHS. I have actually never seen a Mike episode; I moved to where we didn't get Comedy Central in 1993. I still have many, many fond memories of that show.

Torgo
09-03-2012, 02:49 PM
Wow, this thread takes me back. I spent a good part of my last two years of undergrad taping the episodes on VHS. I have actually never seen a Mike episode; I moved to where we didn't get Comedy Central in 1993. I still have many, many fond memories of that show.

They are all on YouTube. Nobody flag them please!

TedTheewen
09-03-2012, 10:59 PM
Every time I see a movie with people running, I always sing in my head, "Doo-do-do-do-bum-bum-bum".