Another newbie saying hi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

c.e.lawson

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I've finally worked up the nerve to post after lurking about for a little while, and I am thoroughly enjoying the high caliber discussions I've found here. I used to write a little, WAAAAY back when, in high school and college, although it was really just fooling around. Then I trained and worked as a physician - my current day job along with raising my two little girls. Unfortunately, I set aside my writing hobby for a long time. It was only as I spent quiet hours in the middle of the night nursing my second baby that the stories began to swirl around in my head again and I started typing some things out (one handed, of course).

So in the last few years I've been working with a close group of on-line friends who are writers, and I've written a novella length and a novel length story as well as several short stories, although I look at those as my initial learning curve work. Right now I've just started the first work I plan to try to publish - a novel set in ancient Sparta that centers around a girl. Having no formal education in ancient Greece, this has been no easy task thus far. (I'm only about 4000 words in, at present.) My story will have themes of responsibility and strength and weakness and will feature plenty of manly men with scars, for which I have a terrible fondness. :)

I'm excited to be here because I've learned much already, simply from reading topics here at the forum. There is so much talent here!

Thanks!

c.e.

Nickie

Not too old to learn
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.nickiefleming.com
Hi there, C.E., and welcome to the Cooler! Hey, I just love stories set in ancient times (do write some of them myself!). Looking forward to reading some of your stuff!

Nickie

TheKnightWhoSaidNi

The taller one in the avatar
Registered
Reaction score
Hello! I know what it feels like to do learning-curve work, that's what I've considered my present stuff to be. I'm only seventeen, I have a whole lifetime ahead to write stuff that will be more worth publishing.

Welcome to AW! I'm pretty new too, and there are some cool people around here. But hey, good or bad we're all writers so I guess that makes us cool by default.

NiennaC

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to the cooler c.e.lawson :welcome: ! Your story sounds cool (I love ancient stories, just finished a course in the archeology of the greek city-state) Good luck and way-to-go for de-lurking (I was a lurker myself).

Kadea

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome fellow Californian! Glad you decided to de-lurk...

A. Hamilton

here for a minute...catch me?
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score

Symphony

Registered
Reaction score
Hello and welcome,

Sounds like you're going to have lots of fun with your latest novel. Best of luck with it. I know you'll get all the help and inspiration you need on this site if you get stuck.

Symphony

narnia

Registered
Reaction score
Hi c.e.! Welcome! I'd love to read your work when done - I have a great friend from Sparta, but he's not exactly a manly man with scars ... :D I do love him dearly, though, even so. His brother, now, no scars but he's not bad in the other department!!! ** sigh ** and very married but there's no crime in looking I say!! hee hee

Okay, back on topic! Nice to meet you, glad you de-lurked!! :welcome:

David Conner

Wake up, my dear. We're home!
Registered
Reaction score
and will feature plenty of manly men with scars, for which I have a terrible fondness.
I'm excited
Welcome to AW. I like you already. Would you like to see my dueling scar.

*Disclaimer*
All offers in this advertisement, whether direct or implied, are displayed for entertainment purposes only. Do not attempt to use them at home.

c.e.lawson

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW. I like you already. Would you like to see my dueling scar.

*Disclaimer*
All offers in this advertisement, whether direct or implied, are displayed for entertainment purposes only. Do not attempt to use them at home.

You have a dueling scar? *faints*

Um...where was I? Oh yeah - I wanted to thank everyone for their kind welcomes and the...erm...offer to show me...ah...a dueling scar (certainly for the purpose of helping with my descriptions of manly scars for my story). I can tell my time here is going to be fun!

c.e.

Status
Not open for further replies.