PDA

View Full Version : A question

RoccoMom
06-24-2007, 12:00 AM
Back in March, I sent a partial of my manuscript to an agent at what is considered to be a very reputable agency. the end of May I sent a follow up email...no response. Not even an acknowledgement that my email was read. I did the same last week with the same result.

I'm wondering if something has happened to this agent? Does anyone have any advice on what to do, or should I just sit tight and query others?

Will Lavender
06-24-2007, 12:16 AM
Not sure what else there is for you to do. I'd probably just keep querying.

And if it were me, I'd put this quesiton up on Bewares and name the agent. Chances are somebody knows of the agent or worked/s with her.

clara bow
06-24-2007, 06:52 AM
I'd keep querying, but you could also try sending a snail mail follow up (if you really want to pursue this person) and see what happens. Was the partial requested or something you could send with the query? I had an agent email a request for a partial and she never responded. All I know is that her response time was 6-8 weeks.

RoccoMom
06-26-2007, 02:06 AM
I'd keep querying, but you could also try sending a snail mail follow up (if you really want to pursue this person) and see what happens. Was the partial requested or something you could send with the query? I had an agent email a request for a partial and she never responded. All I know is that her response time was 6-8 weeks.

The partial was requested, and I snail-mailed it to her back on March 16th. Unless she hasnt' gotten to it yet, but you'd think she'd reply to my follow-up email.

victoriastrauss
06-26-2007, 02:08 AM
Repeated non-response suggests a lack of interest or enthusiasm. I know it's frustrating and disappointing--but I'd write this one off, and move on.

- Victoria