• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

New forum name

Status
Not open for further replies.

katiemac

Five by Five
Registered
Reaction score
Hey guys,

You've probably noticed that the mods changed the name of this forum. What used to be the "Mentors and Writing Partners" forum is now the "Beta Readers, Writing Partners and Advisors" forum.

Many members were posting requests for "mentors," with an explanation that they would like someone to review their work and critique it. The requests got a little confusing, since "mentor" suggests a student-teacher relationship. I feared that not a lot of people were getting the feedback they desired because, let's face it -- "mentor" is a sort of a scary word if you don't feel like you can make the commitment, or if you don't think you're up to being someone's instructor.

So, in an effort to reduce some mislabeled requests, we took mentor out of the title. Instead, you can request someone to write with you, a beta reader or a private critique -- similiar to Share Your Work, but in a private, off-the-boards setting. If you feel you still want an actual mentor, you can still ask here. Heck, you can make up your own relationship and post a request for it, too. Any kind of partnership is welcome here -- it's all about the power of two.

Good luck with your partnerships!

katiemac

Ziljon

Tortilla di Patate
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.daviddepalo.com
You said it Kristie, especially since some partnerships may be based solely on searching out appropriate instances in which to use the phrase "oily anal discharge.";)

katiemac

Five by Five
Registered
Reaction score
If that's your perogative, well, just don't expect me to respond to your request. ;)

Last edited:

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Way to scare off the mods, Zil. Now we'll be forced to face the zombie forces on our own.

katiemac

Five by Five
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, of course you were kidding! (I'd hope.) Next time I'll add one of these: ;) .

Status
Not open for further replies.