PDA

View Full Version : BBC ScriptSmart

alleycat
06-21-2007, 04:31 PM
This isn't a major question, but I thought I'd ask in case someone happens to know. I have Movie Magic Screenwriter, but I also have the BBC ScriptSmart software (US version). I actually like ScriptSmart for stageplays, plus it's handy when I'm using another computer and I don't have MM Screenwriter loaded on that computer.

Anyway, when I first got ScriptSmart it asks for your name, contact information, etc. I was just testing it out at the time so I just typed the information in quickly. There was a typo or two. I didn't care at the time.

Ever since then, whenever I start something new, it loads in the old information, complete with typos. I can easily fix it, of course, but it's just an annoyance. I've tried removing the original ScriptSmart files and downloading it again . . . but it keeps the old information.

Does anyone know how to get rid of all the old information and just start again?

dpaterso
06-21-2007, 09:10 PM
Sorry, I don't know the actual answer, I tried ScriptSmart too earlier this year but that was on my old kaput laptop.

Wild shot in the dark -- there wouldn't be a user profile left lying around in your Word subdirectory after you uninstalled ScriptSmart, would there? I'm thinking that if you go into c:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office or \Templates (or wherever your MS Word software resides) via Windows Explore and sort files by last modified, maybe something with a recent date might pop to the top of the list?

-Derek

alleycat
06-21-2007, 09:34 PM
No, Derek, I don't think that's it. But . . . you gave me an idea. I think I might have found the file I needed to delete. I'll try it and see if that works.

Thanks.

alleycat
06-28-2007, 10:19 PM
I finally figured this little problem out. Running Script Smart the first time actually changed the properties settings for the basic Word template. In trying to fix the problem I had gone back and deleted the Script Smart template . . . without ever thinking I need to change the other template as well.

Live and learn.