Too Drunk to Revise

Geist

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.edward-gordon.com
I'm a nightshift kind of person, and I have just returned from a rather nice bar with my wife. We had a good time, but needless to say, I've had to sacrifice the contents of my stomach to the God (you know, the porciline one). I may even have to get more zealous before I pour myself into bed and read my latest Grisham thriller (A Time to Kill). I thought I had a GI bleed at first, but then I realized I'd been drinking red wine--like it made a difference to me in my state.

Needless to say, I won't be updating my latest chapter revision tonight. When you've had too much to drink every thing sounds freakin great and nauseating at the same time. I like the dichotomy, but...excuse me...I have to...

Geist

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.edward-gordon.com
I feel so much better. My finger, the one I stuck down my esophagous, smells like death, so I think I'll go wash my hands, but I felt it important to remind you to always wipe off the mouse before touching it if it ain't yours.

This must have been what it was like for Fitzgerald. As I drape an arm over your neck to support my weight, I'd like to tell you all this: I've went to the Azores many times as a wee-twenty-year-old. I used to read F. Scott and listen to Boz Skaggs while sitting in the club during the afternoons there (nice to see things haven't changed). What must it have been like to be in the roaring twenties? In the Azores I actually believed I could be a writer. Then I gave it all up, because I believed the crap that it was impossible to be published. I didn't realize that only applied to the crap writers that fill editor's slush piles. So I gave it up for twenty-two years. What a loser I was--am. Can you imagine? If I had stuck to it with the confidence I have now, I'd probably have about twenty manuscripts and one or two of them would already be major motion pictures. I gave it up (Just picture me blubbering now.).

Hemingway, Fitzgerald, they keep calling me. I want it so bad. Writing is my only talent. If I can't be a writer--I'm nothing. Isn't that what this is all about? Huh?

I feel sick again. I think I'll let my finger stink so I can throw up easier. Then I'll wash my hands and go to bed. The mouse is your problem. Thanks for listening.

Just call me Ed

Willowmound

Lightly salted
Registered
Reaction score
I find it amazing that you can type and make coherent sentences all the while being puking drunk.

Here's to you. *lifts beer*

JJ Cooper

Registered
Reaction score
Holy crap Ed. Your sentence structure and grammar is better than mine when your drunk. I have no hope. I think that jumping on the internet when drunk is as bad as taking a mobile phone out when drinking. You know it will end bad. Good thing is that now I reckon we have at least twelve hours until you wake up to make comments here.

JJ

akiwiguy

AW Inmate #90976
Registered
Reaction score
Hell, he's done well hasn't he? I always need a "Sorry about the stupid things I said on here last night" thread after I've been on the web drunk.

JJ Cooper

Registered
Reaction score
This is an opening to my query letter to agents for my first novel. Do you think I should send it out just like it is or...oh god...not again...

At least he made the query letter easy to critique.

JJ

Prawn

Writing is finite,revising infinite
Registered
Reaction score
Only write drunk if you think your readers will be drunk when they read it.

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I don't know about my writing but I know that when I'm drunk, my posture and diction improve (don't want people knowing I'm drunk, yanno...)

DamaNegra

Mexican on the loose!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fictionpress.com
I don't know about my writing but I know that when I'm drunk, my posture and diction improve (don't want people knowing I'm drunk, yanno...)
Hahahaha the same goes for me. When I'm puking-drunk I'm so concerned about not looking drunk that I talk better, write better, walk better and have a better equilibrium. Yer all just jealous 'cuz you don't have that amount of self-control :e2tongue:

Willowmound

Lightly salted
Registered
Reaction score
Don't go together, as far as I'm concerned. Write first, then drink.

I like your hair-of-the-dog approach to recovery, however.