Not open for further replies.

Ol' Fashioned Girl

Hand? What hand?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenniferdahl.com
If you haven't visited Cassiopeia's Corner, you've missed some beautiful jewelry and some wonderful tea! But whether you've visited or not, here's your chance to visit for the first time, the second, or the tenth - and raise some money for Absolute Write at the same time.

Take a look at this beautiful hand-made mug and a package of Kim's tea:

MUGTEA.jpg

Organically grown Rooibos Teas are grown in the Cederburg Mountains in the Western Cape of South Africa near Cape Town. The name Rooibos means 'red bush' in the Afrikaans language.

Historically Rooibos has been enjoyed in South Africa for its pleasing taste and healthful properties. It is free from caffeine and contain very little tannin. High in anti-oxidants, recent studies show it contains anti-allergic properties from quercitin, a flavoid compound.

Rooibos tea has been used to ease nausea and stomach aches. Drinking a cup of it before bed has helped with acid reflux. For many years South Africans have been using this wonderful tea to even help babies who are suffering with colic. Because Rooibos is not a stimulant, it is appropriate for all.

This lovely hand thrown mug is made of terra cotta clay and was created especially for Cassiopeia's Corner by their artist Suzanne.

Tonight's auction offering is for one of these handmade mugs and your choice of either Vanilla Rooibos or Earl Grey Rooibos. I've had them both, ladies and gents, and they're unbelievably smooth, soothing, and delicious. My personal favorite is the Vanilla... but you wouldn't see me turning down either one.

Opening bid is $15 and Cas will pay shipping to anywhere in the US. Please keep your bids in increments of $1 (unless you're kimmi and have to throw in that extra .02!)

Bidding starts now and goes to 8PM, Friday, June 22, 2007, Oklahoma time.

Bidder up!

(And if you'd like to poke around on Kim's site... don't let me stop ya! Click on the pic below and it'll take you there. She offers a 10% discount to AW members, so if you want to order from her, send her a PM! I have some of her jewelry, too, and it's beautiful, high-quality stuff!)

Little Red Barn

haz own threads
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'll start the bidding at $15.02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol' Fashioned Girl
That's what I wanna hear (or... er... read!)! Thanks, DeborahM!
------------------
I've got $15! Who'll make it $20?

I'll make it seventeen two cents of your american dollars. Plus the extra cost of shipping across the atlantic river.
---------------------------------------------------------------
I love tea, yum! ;)

Ol' Fashioned Girl

Hand? What hand?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenniferdahl.com
Ben's a wise bidder! But three more dollars gets more tea! It's worth it, folks... trust me. If you like tea, you're gonna love this Rooibos stuff. It's unbelievably good.

Who'll give me $20? I'm sittin' on $17 +postage across the 'Atlantic River'. Who'll give me $20? Lookin' for $20!

ETA: Not good enough, kimmi... try again at $18 or more.

Ol' Fashioned Girl

Hand? What hand?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenniferdahl.com
Come on, folks... I'm tellin' you, $20 is a bargain! I'm sittin' here, even as I type, with a hot cup of Rooibos Vanilla in my special AW mug... finest kind. Morning, noon, or night. Won't keep you awake, soothes upset tummies, satisfies the sophisticated taste bud along with the 'Hey! I just like tea!' taste bud. I'm bettin' you'll like it.

Cassiopeia

Otherwise Occupied
Registered
Reaction score
Star to the right and straight on till morning.
Oh and if you really want something yummy, You take four of the flavoured Rooibos tea bags...soak them in a litre of hot water in a pitcher. Wait ten minutes, remove or leave them in like I do then add 1/2 to 3/4 cup of sugar, a dash of lemon, and a litre of cold water. Chill until cold and pour over ice. It is THE most wonderful summer time tea for refreshing you AND cooling you off. ;)

DeborahM

I need espresso & chocolate!
Registered
Reaction score
Darn! I just got logged on! Congrats threedogpeople! Only because I couldn't get in the house and logged on fast enough!!! :D

DeborahM

I need espresso & chocolate!
Registered
Reaction score
I promise to be home next Friday on time, if you will!! Huh, huh, huh?? :D

Cassiopeia

Otherwise Occupied
Registered
Reaction score
Star to the right and straight on till morning.
I just wanted to let you know Jen that the items have been shipped to both people who have won this auction.

Thanks so much you two for participating and contributing to AW. And thanks to you Jen for this opportunity to contribute in my own way as well and for the advertising it brings to my site.

Just a reminder for everyone. I give 10% off to all AW members and I am sure Jen can tell you, there is always a surprise in the package.

Status
Not open for further replies.