dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
New FDA-approved over-the-counter diet pill.

There's only minor side effects.

The following text is direct from the Glaxo-Smith-Kline's official website.

Keep in mind... FDA studies prove that putting up with these side effects will help you lose ten pounds in a year. Or, .8 pounds a month. If you diet and exercise.

What are treatment effects?

alli™ works by preventing the absorption of some of the fat you eat. The fat passes out of your body, so you may have bowel changes, known as treatment effects. You may get:

• gas with oily spotting
  • loose stools
  • more frequent stools that may be hard to control
What to expect

The excess fat that passes out of your body is not harmful. In fact, you may recognize it as something that looks like the oil on top of a pizza. Eating a low-fat diet lowers the chance of these bowel changes.

Learning how to manage treatment effects is an important part of being successful with alli. Here's how to take control:

• Start trimming fat from your diet now, even before you begin taking alli. Then pick a day to begin taking alli, such as a weekend day so you can stay close to home if you experience a treatment effect. Make the timing work for you. If you're getting ready to travel or attend a social event, hold off on starting with alli until the event is over
  • While no one likes experiencing treatment effects, they might help you think twice about eating questionable fat content. If you think of it like that, alli can act like a security guard for your late-night cravings
  • You may feel an urgent need to go to the bathroom. Until you have a sense of any treatment effects, it's probably a smart idea to wear dark pants, and bring a change of clothes with you to work
  • You may not usually get gassy, but it's a possibility when you take alli. The bathroom is really the best place to go when that happens.

Danger Jane

Registered
Reaction score
:Shrug:

I don't think I'll be taking that one. Come on, 10 pounds a year. Wear dark pants.

:cry:

Pagey's_Girl

Still plays with dolls
Registered
Reaction score
I can think of better ways to lose ten pounds. Such as taking off my winter coat and putting down my purse before stepping on the scale. Probably could have gotten another five off but I didn't feel like taking off my boots.

It's funny watching them trying to put a happy spin on those side effects, though.

thethinker42

Abnormal Romance Author
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gallagherwitt.com
I think I'm going to stick to my current plan of exercising and eating healthy.

Oily...difficult-to-control...bowel movements. I think I'd rather take up an eating disorder.

ChaosTitan

Around
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kellymeding.com
A local radio show host was talking about this on his morning show. He sent an intern to CVS to buy some, so he and his co-hosts can take it for a month. Just to test the side effects.

Dude is insane.

WackAMole

WTF?!?!
Registered
Reaction score
What gets me is the "if you diet and exercise" part...

OMG no frigging duh! Its easy to lose 10 pounds in a year "if you diet and exercise" without the damn pill. Where's the bennie here? Or is dirty underpants some sorta bennie?

A coworker just told me about this "miracle" pill today. She actually bought it. Glad she S(*)ITS in the other cubicle!

Pat~

Luftmensch Emeritus, A.D.D.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Another scam diet pill? (If you cut out the fat, you'll lose 10 pounds in a year, anyway.)

WackAMole

WTF?!?!
Registered
Reaction score
Another scam diet pill? (If you cut out the fat, you'll lose 10 pounds in a year, anyway.)

Well thats just it. It seems scammish to me, but what is scary is that everyone is OOING and AWWING over the fact that its supposedly the "first" FDA diet pill approved ever.

You put FDA behind anything then it must be safe huh?

(I cant wait until twenty years from now when we all are in nursing homes with mad cow disease we got from FDA approved meat MWAHAHA)

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Sassee

Momma Wolf
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sasseebioche.blogspot.com
If people can't lose 10 pounds a year on their own, either:

A) they're lazy

or

B) they have a condition that needs treatment (like diabetes, or thyroid problem, or something)

Put up with shiny diarrhea for a year to lose 10 pounds in 12 months or 0.8 pounds a month with exercise? No thx. I can do 10 pounds a year without a pill. It's called discipline.

(This from the person who sports a healthy computer monitor glow and tight pants.)

Last edited:

Ziljon

Tortilla di Patate
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.daviddepalo.com
I love that I've come to this important site about the craft of writing and been able to read the phrase oily anal discharge twice!

Nice work, Kristie. Now let's see you incorporate it into your WIP!

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
I love that I've come to this important site about the craft of writing and been able to read the phrase oily anal discharge twice!

Nice work, Kristie. Now let's see you incorporate it into your WIP!
A fictional story about the crew of the Exxon Valdez who were responsible for the largest man-made oil spill in history.

Status
Not open for further replies.