PDA

View Full Version : Mr Bean's Holiday

ALLWritety
06-17-2007, 04:18 PM
HI
I saw the new Bean movie on Friday. I thought it was good and it was at the level i expected. Some really good laughs some OK stuff and some, WELL......

I hated the song at the end. WHY? That spolit the whole movie for me. I am not against songs in a movie per se but i didn't see the point of that song in this movie. Or any song for that matter!!

I did love the protayal of the "self absorbed, I'm the center of the universe" movie Director.

(Maybe I should not be saying that!! I love you directors honest, now please do my movies!! Creep creep grovel grovel!!)

Kev

maestrowork
06-17-2007, 05:42 PM
I love Mr. Bean. The first movie was so funny. I hope this one is as well -- the preview looks pretty funny.

kristin724
07-01-2007, 08:40 AM
Totally dig Mr. Bean. My nieces can't get enough of my vhs tapes. They love the Christmas episode. I think the movies fall a bit flat. PArt of what made the show so good was Mr. Bean's lack of talking. Every show is so smart. I don't think its the kind of series that could have gone on forever, lest it burn out.

I love Absolutely Fabulous, too. Maybe I'm just British at heart.

ALLWritety
07-01-2007, 11:53 AM
Kristian wonderful news to know that you have a British heart and that you can understand our Brit humor (or should i say humour!). I can only but hope that all none British can have this kind of heart transplant!

Kev.

aadams73
07-01-2007, 01:59 PM
Totally dig Mr. Bean. My nieces can't get enough of my vhs tapes. They love the Christmas episode.

There's nothing funnier in this world--to me--than Mr. Bean stumbling around with that turkey on his head. I adore Mr. Bean. My better half indulged me and bought me the whole set on DVD here a while back.

eldragon
07-08-2007, 09:08 PM
Yippee!

I love Rowan Atkinson's Mr. Bean!

We have all the the old TV shows on DVD, and of course, the move that came out about 9-10 years ago.

The movie wasn't nearly as good as the TV shows.

So there is a new Mr. Bean due in theatres by the end of the year. The reviews look good.

Cannot wait!

Any other Mr. Bean fans on AW?

Carmy
07-09-2007, 06:22 AM
I'm a fan and I'll watch for the new movie.

Like you, I didn't think too much of the first movie he made.

ALLWritety
07-09-2007, 11:50 AM
Hey guys are you talking about Mr Bean on Holiday coz i posted a thread a little while ago on the 2nd Bean movie. Go have a read.
Kev.

kristin724
07-10-2007, 06:58 AM
My nieces are only 9 and 10 years old yet their favorite part is the whole ring, picture, and hook snafu! It amazes me that they *get* Mr. Bean.

And...as to my British Heart....well, This Mr. Bean *really* helps!

<-------- 80)

eldragon
07-11-2007, 06:43 AM
How come you guys get to see it?

I just saw a preview at the theatre last weekend, it said Mr. Beans holiday wouldn't be out until the end of August.

I love Mr. Bean. We have all his shows on DVD.

eldragon
07-11-2007, 06:44 AM
I just saw that.

Sorry I started another (dead and boring) thread.

The movie isn't showing here for almost 6 more weeks!

ALLWritety
07-11-2007, 12:47 PM
I live in Taiwan. I saw it at the high school i work at so it might have been a pirate!!! Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Don't tell anyone!!!
Kev.

I think it has come out here but i am not too sure.

Also maybe a Mod can merge the 2 threads about Mr Beany!

Kev.

jvc
07-11-2007, 06:44 PM
Done. The two threads have been merged.

I used to love Mr Bean, will have to go see the movie when it comes out. Rowan Atkinson is a funny guy. I remember the Barclay Card adverts on tv here years ago, they were hilarious and an inspiration for the film Jonny English.

ALLWritety
07-11-2007, 06:59 PM
Thanks JVC,

When I started the thread i didn't realize that it hadn't come out in most places!
SOZ about that folks. Hope I haven't spoilt too much much for ya!

Kev.

eldragon
07-13-2007, 05:46 AM
We can always talk about the old Mr. Bean shows.

My absolute favorite is when he checks into a hotel and immitates that other guest, cuts a hole in the wall so he can take a shower, and gets locked out of his room in the buff.

Hilarious stuff.

But when he is mimicing that other man - too funny.