Ecstasy

Shady Lane

my name is hannah
Registered
Reaction score
Ok, one more thing...

My MC's taking ecstasy. I don't know what it's like.

Can anyone help me out?

(Oh, and, any comparisons such as "It's more ___ than pot" or "less ___ than alcohol" would be very useful. ;) )

TsukiRyoko

Forced into cell phone life
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tsuki-explodes.blogspot.com
It makes you very energetic, and you can do activities that require high amounts of energy for hours and hours (people on ecstacy can die of dehydration very fast). It also gives you a carefree, happy mentality, and it usually minimizes pain better than alcohol. That's all I know about it.

Oh, also, one dose of ecstacy can last for hours, and if the user hasn't used ecstacy a few times before, they probably won't remember much of what happened that night.

It's also said to blur your vision a little, and give the user a feeling of not being as restricted by gravity as they usually would.

reenkam

aka cupcake
Registered
Reaction score
It enhances feelings as in touching feels better and emotional connections are stronger. Well, feel stronger. Like TsukiRyoko said, there's a huge increase in energy. People sometimes get chills or sweat, leading to dehydration.

After the E starts to wear off you get pretty tired and just want to relax, pretty much. Sometimes for a few days after taking it you'll have mood swings and some minor depression, but it goes away after 3 days or so. Some people like to eat certain foods to help with the after effects (chocolate, bananas, turkey...I think it's the tryptophyan that helps.)

The worst part about it is the dehydration that could happen. But some people will drink too much water, trying to stop the dehydration, and end up getting some other problem. I forget the specifics of that one.

drinking with E kind of ruins the effects and can lead to death because of liver failure, I think. People do E and pot together, but it makes it less about the energy and more about the craziness of the moment. I think it's more like shrooms then.

I hope what I said can help you.....oh, and just so everyone knows, I'm not like an avid user or something. It's just that I recently wrote something where the MC used so I learned a lot. Honest.

TsukiRyoko

Forced into cell phone life
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tsuki-explodes.blogspot.com
It enhances feelings as in touching feels better and emotional connections are stronger. Well, feel stronger. Like TsukiRyoko said, there's a huge increase in energy. People sometimes get chills or sweat, leading to dehydration.

After the E starts to wear off you get pretty tired and just want to relax, pretty much. Sometimes for a few days after taking it you'll have mood swings and some minor depression, but it goes away after 3 days or so. Some people like to eat certain foods to help with the after effects (chocolate, bananas, turkey...I think it's the tryptophyan that helps.)

The worst part about it is the dehydration that could happen. But some people will drink too much water, trying to stop the dehydration, and end up getting some other problem. I forget the specifics of that one.

drinking with E kind of ruins the effects and can lead to death because of liver failure, I think. People do E and pot together, but it makes it less about the energy and more about the craziness of the moment. I think it's more like shrooms then.

I hope what I said can help you.....oh, and just so everyone knows, I'm not like an avid user or something. It's just that I recently wrote something where the MC used so I learned a lot. Honest.
Yes, when they drink too much water, they deplete the nourishment in their bodies and have an entirely different problem.

When they smoke pot with it, it does tone the user's energy down, but it's not like shrooms. Shrooms are basically hallucinogens. E is not a hallucinogen exactly, but it does exxagerate the things around you. With shrooms, pavement might turn bright red or grow furry polka dots, but with E it'll just look distorted. But then, the effects are different for each person, so....

ideagirl

Registered
Reaction score
Yes, when they drink too much water, they deplete the nourishment in their bodies and have an entirely different problem.

I think the problem there is electrolyte imbalance. If you drink way, way too much water--with or without taking E--your electrolytes get out of whack, which can trigger heart arrhythmias that, in the most severe cases, can kill you. Where E comes into the mix is that it makes you want to drink lots of water, because you're getting dehydrated, and it interferes with your judgment so you don't stop. So you drink too much, and boom, electrolyte imbalance...

A good way to avoid electrolyte imbalances when you're exerting yourself (dancing, playing sports etc.) is to drink apple juice instead of water. Apple juice has a pretty much perfect sodium/potassium balance, exactly what the human body needs. In that respect, it's far better than sports drinks like Gatorade. So maybe people on E should be drinking apple juice instead of water, or alternating juice/water/juice/water...

I read something freaky about E once--it's an explanation for a tiny number of the deaths (the ones not caused by dehydration, electrolyte imbalance, etc.). Apparently about 8% of the population has a minor genetic abnormality that interferes with how they metabolize certain chemicals. Normally it causes no problems--it just creates little quirks, such as this: people with this abnormality can't use Nyquil, or other products with the Nyquil active ingredients, because the products don't work; these people metabolize it differently, so instead of relieving cold symptoms and making them sleepy, Nyquil makes them sleepLESS and even hyper. (That fact--the weird reaction to Nyquil--is the easiest way to determine whether someone has this genetic abnormality or not.) When people with this abnormality take Ecstasy, they metabolize it weirdly, and it can make them so hyper their heart rate increases to dangerous levels and finally hits cardiac arrest. A completely normal dose of E can have this effect on them.

I found that doubly freaky because before reading it, I'd already noticed that Nyquil made me unable to sleep--it just doesn't work for me, it makes me hyper. So then I read about this genetic abnormality... and thanked my lucky stars that I'd never tried Ecstasy!

underthecity

Finestkind
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.allensedge.com
It takes about a half hour to kick in, then you start feeling very good. . . and very horny. It lowers inhibitions and makes you do things you might not consider doing, and it makes you talk a lot.

The most powerful time, peaking iow, is about 45 minutes in. After that, it peters off over the next several hours.

Or, so I've heard.

Around here, it costs $25 a pill.

allen

alankluger

Registered
Reaction score
I Tried Trip2night for the first time last night around 9:30 pm. I started to feel effects around 11pm, effects lasted around 5 hours or more. Some of the effects were energy, dizziness, strong buzz like effects, euphoric feelings, happy, silly, and energy to dance all night long. The product made me horny, although that usually doesn’t take much.

I bought the product from Narcomundo.com. The product came in a powder form with directions to add 1 scoop to fruit juice. I still have a lot left over for next week. For the amount I took; I think I will get around 9 servings out of one pack; although it says 20 servings on the directions.

http://www.narcomundo.com/legal-drugs/herbal-ecstasy/trip2night/

Hip-Hop-a-potamus

My rhymes are bottomless
Registered
Reaction score

I must be a complete freak. I did it once, and it did absolutely nothing for me. Zip. Zilch. Nada. But I was with someone I didn't know that well. He was all ready to go, and I was like...."Erm...no. Sorry."

Tepelus

And so...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
keskedgell.blogspot.com
The one and only time I took it made me paranoid as hell at first, but I was in a club with friends and didn't know what to expect. I distinctly remember the tingly feeling I was getting on my head, and the feeling of restlessness. I was also drinking, which is not a good combination. After the club, we (my ex and me) went to the friend's house and I prayed to the porcelain goddess for a while. After that I felt pretty good. I don't remember much else that night, nothing I would like to share on the internet, but I vaguely remember being thirsty as well, and drinking quite a bit of pop, juice, whatever.

Rowan

Registered
Reaction score
I can only tell you how they felt when the handcuffs were slapped on and the questioning started... :D

Just kidding... I know it removes inhibitions and makes one drink a lot of water (from said interviews and observations). And some people said it made them grind their teeth.

CheekyWench

O.o
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.elysabethwilliams.com
I can only tell you how they felt when the handcuffs were slapped on and the questioning started... :D

Just kidding... I know it removes inhibitions and makes one drink a lot of water (from said interviews and observations). And some people said it made them grind their teeth.

The one time I tried it, I chewed one piece of gum for 8 hours. My jaw was sore the next morning. LOL We went to a rave and I stared at the lights for hours. Danced for hours. Wanted EVERYONE to touch me, but if someone did get in my personal space, I just wanted to fight. :D Fun, as far as experiences go, but never want to repeat it.