Proposal Dilemma

Sury

Word Worker
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bghosh.cavernreal.com
Hello,

An agent I queried for my nonfiction book wants to see more. The said agent asked me to send the proposal and sample chapters. In my query I had mentioned the chapter outline and sample chapters are available upon request.

Here's my dilemma: my manuscript is done. Should I still send the proposal to the agent and mention I am pitching a finished book?

Thanks for all help.

Sury

dantem42

Registered
Reaction score
Here's my dilemma: my manuscript is done. Should I still send the proposal to the agent and mention I am pitching a finished book?

Thanks for all help.

Sury

I don't understand the dilemma. Of course you should still send the proposal, since that's what you offered to do. You can also mention that you've completed the actual ms., since that way he/she will know that he/she won't have to wait six months to see the final product if there's interest. Don't send the ms itself, but offer to.

Sury

Word Worker
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bghosh.cavernreal.com
I don't understand the dilemma. Of course you should still send the proposal, since that's what you offered to do. You can also mention that you've completed the actual ms., since that way he/she will know that he/she won't have to wait six months to see the final product if there's interest. Don't send the ms itself, but offer to.

Thanks, Dante. :)

I didn't offer to send the proposal, only the chapter outline and sample chapters.

Sury

Sury

Word Worker
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bghosh.cavernreal.com
LOL, Ziljon. I agree. :p

Victoria, thanks. After reading Dante's suggestion, I was going to do that. Thanks for your input confirming it would be the right thing to do. :)

Sury