The Apprentice (UK version)

seun

Horror Man
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lukewalkerwriter.com
So it's finished and Simon is the winner. Anyone else surprised? I thought Kristina was certain to win.

cletus

I'm a king bee
Registered
Reaction score
I also thought Kristina was a shoo-in.

Best part of the night was when they showed Katie's comments on the BBC2 program afterwards. Kristina didn't bother to lower herself and respond and then Sir Alan gave a glowing reference along the lines of:
"After seeing that I couldn't employ you. I don't see how anybody could employ you."

Willowmound

Lightly salted
Registered
Reaction score
I knew this guy would win. Not because he was better (he wasn't), but because Alan liked him. I knew it weeks ago. Alan picked him way back.

Which is a shame. 'Cause the girl was better by far.

seun

Horror Man
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lukewalkerwriter.com
I knew this guy would win. Not because he was better (he wasn't), but because Alan liked him. I knew it weeks ago. Alan picked him way back.

Which is a shame. 'Cause the girl was better by far.

Agreed. Simon should have run away with Tre like we all know he wanted to.

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
So it's finished and Simon is the winner. Anyone else surprised? I thought Kristina was certain to win.

Nope, I wasn't really suprised by this on little bit. I got the impression weeks back that Sir Alan liked Simon and wanted him to work for his company. And apart from that, although I dont think we got the impression that the last task had any impact on Sir Alan's final decision (and was probably a big waste of time), Simon's team did come up with a better vision for their building. Kristina's design seemed very boring and normal for a vision of the future.

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
Best part of the night was when they showed Katie's comments on the BBC2 program afterwards. Kristina didn't bother to lower herself and respond and then Sir Alan gave a glowing reference along the lines of:
"After seeing that I couldn't employ you. I don't see how anybody could employ you."

I loved that bit of the show and it serves Katie right. I heard on the grape vine, that Katie has been fired from her current employment. Wonder if that had anything to do with how she acted on the show?

Willowmound

Lightly salted
Registered
Reaction score
Simon's team did come up with a better vision for their building. Kristina's design seemed very boring and normal for a vision of the future.

Nonsense. As my Spanish flatmate pointed out repeatedly, Simon's looked like three giant c**ks in a bunch. Kristina's was better by far.

seun

Horror Man
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lukewalkerwriter.com
Nonsense. As my Spanish flatmate pointed out repeatedly, Simon's looked like three giant c**ks in a bunch. Kristina's was better by far.

I didn't want to be the first one to bring up the penis angle he went for. It was the first thing I thought of when we saw the design. Maybe that says something about me.

Willowmound

Lightly salted
Registered
Reaction score
Well, Foxy Gonzales (or so she shall be known) saw it as well. In fact we all did. So not just you, seun.

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
I'm not so sure...... I reckon Stuart could take it.

Unless Suraln is just keeping him in for the interviews.

aruna

On a wing and a prayer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sharonmaas.co.uk
I think Stella and Jamie in the last two, and Stella to win. Though she may be a bit too conservative for Ludalans liking --- I like Jamie a lot but he lacks something. Maybe backbone?

The_Ink_Goddess

we're gonna make it out of the fire
Registered
Reaction score
I think Stella and Jamie in the last two, and Stella to win. Though she may be a bit too conservative for Ludalans liking --- I like Jamie a lot but he lacks something. Maybe backbone?

I used to want Stella to win, especially in the early stages of the competition, but I don't think so anymore. That doesn't mean she won't win; I think she has a solid chance.

I would personally prefer it if Jamie won. Thought he knocked it out of the park when he was project manager.

So glad Liz went. I could not stand her when she was PM and she couldn't take responsibility for anything.

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
Hmm... I'm really not sure now. I think a lot will depend on how the interviews go. All that BS Baggs was coming out with in the boardroom will be shown for what it is, ponies and all.

gothicangel

Toughen up.
Registered
Reaction score
Hmm... I'm really not sure now. I think a lot will depend on how the interviews go. All that BS Baggs was coming out with in the boardroom will be shown for what it is, ponies and all.

If he's BS on his CV, the interviewer will rip him apart.

seun

Horror Man
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lukewalkerwriter.com
Stuart will cock up the interviews. Can't see Chris doing too well, either. He seems like a nice guy but he's not that impressive business wise. That 20% thing was more luck than anything.

Wouldn't surprise me if Joanna does well this week. All she has to do is keep her gob shut for more than five seconds.