PDA

View Full Version : The Apprentice (UK version)

seun
06-14-2007, 12:40 PM
So it's finished and Simon is the winner. Anyone else surprised? I thought Kristina was certain to win.

cletus
06-14-2007, 02:07 PM
I also thought Kristina was a shoo-in.

Best part of the night was when they showed Katie's comments on the BBC2 program afterwards. Kristina didn't bother to lower herself and respond and then Sir Alan gave a glowing reference along the lines of:
"After seeing that I couldn't employ you. I don't see how anybody could employ you."

Willowmound
06-14-2007, 02:24 PM
I knew this guy would win. Not because he was better (he wasn't), but because Alan liked him. I knew it weeks ago. Alan picked him way back.

Which is a shame. 'Cause the girl was better by far.

seun
06-14-2007, 04:19 PM
I knew this guy would win. Not because he was better (he wasn't), but because Alan liked him. I knew it weeks ago. Alan picked him way back.

Which is a shame. 'Cause the girl was better by far.

Agreed. Simon should have run away with Tre like we all know he wanted to.

jvc
06-15-2007, 02:47 AM
So it's finished and Simon is the winner. Anyone else surprised? I thought Kristina was certain to win.

Nope, I wasn't really suprised by this on little bit. I got the impression weeks back that Sir Alan liked Simon and wanted him to work for his company. And apart from that, although I dont think we got the impression that the last task had any impact on Sir Alan's final decision (and was probably a big waste of time), Simon's team did come up with a better vision for their building. Kristina's design seemed very boring and normal for a vision of the future.

jvc
06-15-2007, 02:48 AM
Best part of the night was when they showed Katie's comments on the BBC2 program afterwards. Kristina didn't bother to lower herself and respond and then Sir Alan gave a glowing reference along the lines of:
"After seeing that I couldn't employ you. I don't see how anybody could employ you."

I loved that bit of the show and it serves Katie right. I heard on the grape vine, that Katie has been fired from her current employment. Wonder if that had anything to do with how she acted on the show?

Willowmound
06-15-2007, 04:06 PM
Simon's team did come up with a better vision for their building. Kristina's design seemed very boring and normal for a vision of the future.

Nonsense. As my Spanish flatmate pointed out repeatedly, Simon's looked like three giant c**ks in a bunch. Kristina's was better by far.

seun
06-15-2007, 04:14 PM
Nonsense. As my Spanish flatmate pointed out repeatedly, Simon's looked like three giant c**ks in a bunch. Kristina's was better by far.

I didn't want to be the first one to bring up the penis angle he went for. It was the first thing I thought of when we saw the design. Maybe that says something about me.

Willowmound
06-15-2007, 04:26 PM
Well, Foxy Gonzales (or so she shall be known) saw it as well. In fact we all did. So not just you, seun.

seun
06-15-2007, 04:33 PM
Good. I was worried about being childish. :tongue

Willowmound
06-15-2007, 06:18 PM
Well, I guess we're all childish... :)

jvc
06-16-2007, 08:12 PM
I didn't want to seem childish ;) .

aruna
12-08-2010, 11:04 AM
Anyone watching this year's?
Stella to win.

mirandashell
12-10-2010, 12:12 AM
I'm not so sure...... I reckon Stuart could take it.

Unless Suraln is just keeping him in for the interviews.

gothicangel
12-10-2010, 12:25 AM
Don't ask me why, but I have a feeling about Chris.

mirandashell
12-10-2010, 12:27 AM
What? Tim Nice But Dim?

gothicangel
12-10-2010, 12:33 AM
I think he might just be the quiet man of the competition.

aruna
12-10-2010, 11:24 AM
I think Stella and Jamie in the last two, and Stella to win. Though she may be a bit too conservative for Ludalans liking --- I like Jamie a lot but he lacks something. Maybe backbone?

seun
12-10-2010, 02:57 PM
I think Stella and Jamie in the last two, and Stella to win.

Pretty much my thoughts. As for Baggs, he is entertaining but that doesn't make him talented or skilled in business.

The_Ink_Goddess
12-12-2010, 10:30 PM
I think Stella and Jamie in the last two, and Stella to win. Though she may be a bit too conservative for Ludalans liking --- I like Jamie a lot but he lacks something. Maybe backbone?

I used to want Stella to win, especially in the early stages of the competition, but I don't think so anymore. That doesn't mean she won't win; I think she has a solid chance.

I would personally prefer it if Jamie won. Thought he knocked it out of the park when he was project manager.

So glad Liz went. I could not stand her when she was PM and she couldn't take responsibility for anything.

mirandashell
12-12-2010, 10:50 PM
Hmm... I'm really not sure now. I think a lot will depend on how the interviews go. All that BS Baggs was coming out with in the boardroom will be shown for what it is, ponies and all.

gothicangel
12-12-2010, 11:44 PM
Hmm... I'm really not sure now. I think a lot will depend on how the interviews go. All that BS Baggs was coming out with in the boardroom will be shown for what it is, ponies and all.

If he's BS on his CV, the interviewer will rip him apart.

mirandashell
12-13-2010, 02:54 AM
I know .... I'm looking forward to it! LOL!

seun
12-13-2010, 05:34 PM
Stuart will cock up the interviews. Can't see Chris doing too well, either. He seems like a nice guy but he's not that impressive business wise. That 20% thing was more luck than anything.

Wouldn't surprise me if Joanna does well this week. All she has to do is keep her gob shut for more than five seconds.

aruna
12-15-2010, 08:37 PM
Baggs the Brat Brand will get a roasting tonight.
The Daily Fail said so.

mirandashell
12-16-2010, 01:32 AM
Oh lor..... the Brand's got bite marks on his ass!

gothicangel
12-16-2010, 02:10 AM
I'm sticking with my guns, and predicting Chris to win. :D

mirandashell
12-16-2010, 02:12 AM
I'm going for Stella.

seun
12-16-2010, 01:01 PM
I'm going for Stella.

Same here.

Last night's episode was great. That guy Claude is a hard bastard but he made me laugh.

The_Ink_Goddess
12-16-2010, 01:10 PM
I want Chris to win. I used to love Stella, but I'm not so sure about her. :D

Claude is a hard, hard bastard. I know this is the whole point of TA, but I felt he was really cruel. :D And Stuart...wow. Probably one of the cruellest and most uncomfortable things I've seen on TV for a long time.

Except to Stella...did anyone else think they went remarkably easy on Stella?

aruna
12-16-2010, 02:23 PM
Same here.

Me too: Stella.

Chris bores me. Now that Ludalan regrets sacking Liz: a Stella vs Liz finale would have been far more thrilling. Chris never once stood out in this whole series.

seun
12-16-2010, 05:07 PM
did anyone else think they went remarkably easy on Stella?

Probably comes down to editing. After all, we only see a few minutes at most of what is probably a good 15 minute interview. Saying that, I think she came across the best out of the five of them.

Chris bores me. Now that Ludalan regrets sacking Liz: a Stella vs Liz finale would have been far more thrilling. Chris never once stood out in this whole series.

Agree with you about Liz vs Stella. Chris' 20% deal last week, while more luck than anything else, did stand out. As did his sweary but polite confrontation with Stuart. :ROFL:

aruna
12-16-2010, 09:28 PM
Quote of the series:

"You're not a big fish. You're not even a fish,"

(http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1339162/The-Apprentice-2010-Stuart-Baggs-The-Brand-finally-fired-Lord-Alan-Sugar.html#ixzz18IRpxiWI)

aruna
12-20-2010, 12:04 PM
The outcome was clear to me since the second week.
However, in last night's episode there was a moment of sheer creative genius, when Stella came up with the name Urbon. That was the moment she won it.

I didn't like the bottle, though. It should have been tall, thin and square; like a skysraper. No bottleneck; a black cap of the same width and shape. That would have made it perfect.

Mostly, though, it's her biography that's compelling; someone who pulled herself up by her shoelaces. Chris give the impression of being born into privilege. I don't know if it's true; he just seems that way.
Stella is not just a great businesswoman: she's nice, too. She doesn't backstab, (ETA: except for that little did at Chris last night) she doesn't kick people in the balls, she doesn't shout and scream. She has a quiet authority, which is always the best kind.

seun
12-20-2010, 02:46 PM
Yeah, Stella nailed it. Even if the drink looked like a bottle of vinegar.