PDA

View Full Version : Post like it's the end of the world

Saint Fool
06-14-2007, 07:48 AM
This is ... odd.

One of those code red thunderstorms - you know, warnings running across the bottom of the screen with those little beep-beep-beep noises to get your attention - came through about an hour ago. Wind. Hail. And green lightening. Big bolts. The kind that make the house shake and give labs like Jake a nervous breakdown.

So after the storm passed over, I let Jake out to P&P before I went to bed. And that's when I noticed the odd thing.

The lawn is glowing. It reminds me of that ocean phosphorescence (sp?) that marks the wake of ships at night.

Anybody ever heard of anything like this? I used one of those weed and feed products on the lawn this weekend. Could that have caused it?

Ziljon
06-14-2007, 08:00 AM
Is this the opening of a novel, because if it is, I think it's great!

If not... get as far away from the house as you can. Go. Now!

Saint Fool
06-14-2007, 08:11 AM
Why should I leave the house? It's 12:00 and dark out there.

Besides, Jake brought in that green crap on his feet so now I have glow in the dark paw prints and on the new carpet in the hall. @#$%$$## dog. I didn't intend to start my vacation by staying up all night cleaning gunk off of my carpet.

Ziljon
06-14-2007, 08:15 AM
Glowing green gunk on the carpet! Glowing green gunk on the carpet! Glowing green gunk on the carpet!

Saint Fool
06-14-2007, 08:51 AM
You don't have to shout, Ziljon. I cleaned it up. Thank god for wet/dry vacs.

I'm going to bed.

Backward Masking
06-15-2007, 07:19 AM
I'm afraid the bed is now mine. By authority of this gun I'm holding and the ski mask I'm wearing. If you'll now excuse me...