PDA

View Full Version : [Agency] DeFiore and Company (formerly DeFiore and Company Author Services)

JC Lynch
12-09-2004, 05:09 AM
Sorry to be the annoying new guy, but I have another request for information regarding an agent.

It looks like the Randi Murray agency handles novels such as mine (or at least such as I would wish mine to be). I am going through my list of potentials, and her agency takes e-mail queries (making it so much faster and cheaper).

Any ideas?

Stace001
12-10-2004, 02:37 PM
Hi JC

I found a couple of sites you should check out. I'm constantly raving about them because they've helped me so many times, i don't know what i'd do without them.

agentresearch.com
preditors and editors

Check them out and see what you can find. If there's anything fishy about an agent or agency, chances are it'll be on one of those sites.
Good Luck

CaoPaux
07-16-2005, 03:29 AM
If nothing else, the "How To Impress..." page is spot on. IMO. :)

http://www.murrayagency.com/index.htm

rwam
08-13-2007, 08:31 PM
I was checking the website and it looks as if Randi Murray has joined Defiore & Company.

David I
08-15-2007, 11:12 AM
Randi Murray--also often known as Randi Glass Murray--is legit and a very smart lady. She started out with the Amy Rennert Agency before hanging up her own shingle, and is now with DiFiore.

She hasn't made a lot of killer sales, but she's perceptive, experienced, and now has moved to a good NYC agency. I'd have no hesitations about her as an agent.

I queried her a couple of years back and we didn't hit it off (which was probably a good thing, as we weren't a good match, and I went on to better things), but she's professional, solid, and serious.

CaoPaux
11-16-2007, 12:17 AM
(Excavating from Promada thread.)

http://www.defioreandco.com/

Agents: Brian DeFiore, Laurie Abkemeier, Kate Garrick & Randi Murray.

bwoods43
07-28-2008, 05:52 AM
Is DeFiore legit? I've followed the submission guidelines listed on the website, and I still haven't heard a response three months later.

Soccer Mom
07-29-2008, 10:53 PM
Is DeFiore legit? I've followed the submission guidelines listed on the website, and I still haven't heard a response three months later.

Yes, they are absolutely legit and according to their website, if you haven't received a response in four weeks then you should send your query again.

We respond to all queries within four weeks. If you have not received a response to your electronic query within four weeks, and you've followed our electronic submission guidelines (no attachments, "query" in the subject line), please resubmit your query.

Blondchen
07-29-2008, 10:58 PM
50 day email reject from Kate Garrick.

bwoods43
08-01-2008, 08:55 PM
Yes, they are absolutely legit and according to their website, if you haven't received a response in four weeks then you should send your query again.

Are you suggesting this just based on the website, or based on your experiences with them?

Soccer Mom
08-01-2008, 09:14 PM
Are you suggesting this just based on the website, or based on your experiences with them?

I'm just quoting what it says on the website, that it's okay to resend if you haven't heard in four weeks.

RBSHoo
05-31-2009, 07:37 AM
Anyone heard from this agency recently? I sent the 4-week followup, but heard nothing, and it's been five weeks since the followup. Frustrating.

Copydiva
06-12-2009, 04:09 PM
Sent Kate Garrick a query yesterday and received a polite rejection last night.

rtrgirl
06-12-2009, 07:14 PM
Wow, that's a fast response from Kate.
I've queried her twice. Once she didn't respond and once a few months went by and an R appeared in my inbox.
She reps my favorite author Jen Lancaster.

Copydiva
06-13-2009, 03:51 AM
I thought her response was fast too. She's by far one of the quickest responses I've gotten:)

nicolesingslave
07-04-2009, 11:00 AM
Looks like she's retired. Here's what I found from querytracker...

http://www.querytracker.net/agent.php?agent=703
Randi Murray
DeFiore and Company
RETIRED

caitysdad
09-03-2009, 09:26 PM
I got a response from them 6 months to the day after submitting to their general submissions email box. It's my fault because I didn't write this query down and forgot to follow up, but 6 months later they told me to query kate directly.

ILSinTexas
04-04-2010, 05:11 AM
New announcement on DeFiore & Company website:

"NEWS: DeFiore and Co. Announces Major Company Expansion (3/2010)
Brian DeFiore of DeFiore and Company announced today a major expansion of his agency with the addition of four new agents, Debra Goldstein, Laura Nolan, Matthew Elblonk and Karen Gerwin. The four, formerly of the agency The Creative Culture, which was founded in 1998 by Ms. Goldstein and Mary Ann Naples (who recently joined the start-up e-commerce site OpenSky) will join current DeFiore and Co. agents Laurie Abkemeier, Kate Garrick, Adam Korn and Adam Schear on March 1st. With nine agents and additional support staff, DeFiore and Co. is now a solidly mid-size agency with a broad list of non-fiction and fiction authors for adults and young adults."

Roly
04-04-2010, 06:00 AM
Can't wait to see what each represents

ILSinTexas
04-04-2010, 08:40 AM
Roly --

Matthew Elblonk reps YA, and he likes fantasy and paranormal.

angelfrancis
08-04-2010, 08:29 PM
anyone have a take on Matthew Elblonk?

quicklime
08-05-2010, 08:30 PM

I sent to Abkermier and got a rejection in a week. I am taking that as a sign they are prompt, efficient, and lacking in the sort of vision required to sign me immediately.....:tongue

seriously, she rejected in 1 week, can't speak for anyone else there.

angelfrancis
08-05-2010, 08:37 PM
My last book I sub to them, I recieved a full request, followed by a rejection.

MysteryScribe
11-01-2010, 01:44 AM
Has anyone heard from Caryn Karmatz Rudy since she joined the agency?

Dr. Johnson
11-03-2010, 07:25 PM
Has anyone heard from Caryn Karmatz Rudy since she joined the agency?

I queried her 10/4/10 and just got a nice, personal "r." 4 weeks TAT.

FYI, she said she didn't rep my novel's genre (paranormal romance/mystery)

Good luck with your queries.

Doc

MysteryScribe
11-28-2010, 08:26 AM
Caryn requested a full BUT a couple weeks later, I received a personal rejection on my query? I'm going to assume she meant to reject my full instead of my query and chalk it up to a simple typo. I know I've had my fair share of them ;)

Aside from the moment of confusion (on my part), I'm sure she'd be a wonderful agent for anyone lucky enough to land her. Good luck!

bunderful
03-22-2011, 02:45 PM
Queried Feb. 17 request for partial from Caryn yesterday (March 21)! Fingers crossed...

bunderful
05-29-2011, 07:06 PM
So I haven't heard from Caryn since March 21. That means it's been two months that she's had my partial. What to do?

flygal716
07-26-2011, 03:09 AM
OK, here's an oddball question for ya.

I queried this agency about 4 weeks ago and just read the guidelines on their site, that if I haven't heard in 4 weeks, to feel free to resubmit. This was only the first or second agency I queried, and I was using my original query letter (I call it Letter A), which was pretty crummy. I have since modified it and am now sending out Letter E, which is a hundred times better! So, if I resubmit after 4 weeks, is it okay to send Letter E?

Becca C.
07-26-2011, 03:18 AM
OK, here's an oddball question for ya.

I queried this agency about 4 weeks ago and just read the guidelines on their site, that if I haven't heard in 4 weeks, to feel free to resubmit. This was only the first or second agency I queried, and I was using my original query letter (I call it Letter A), which was pretty crummy. I have since modified it and am now sending out Letter E, which is a hundred times better! So, if I resubmit after 4 weeks, is it okay to send Letter E?

I would say yes, go ahead and submit the new one. Maybe wait one more week though, just in case.

happywritermom
08-24-2011, 07:56 AM
Caryn Karmatz Rudy represents best-selling novelist Joshilyn Jackson (Backseat Saints, The Girl Who Stopped Swimming, gods in Alabama, Between, Georgia). Not sure whether she has always repped her, but she's certainly done well by her.

Laura Droege
09-21-2011, 08:33 PM
I queried Kate Garrick in May and received an autoreply that she was on maternity leave and would respond after 9/6/11. I got a nicely-worded form rejection today. That seems like a pretty prompt reply, considering that it's only been around 2 1/2 weeks since she returned to work. (And with a new baby, no less!)

pavtbr
10-15-2011, 05:40 AM
Has anyone submitted a query to Adam. Am preparing to send one and wanted to know if anyone has had any dealings with him. He represents historical fiction, which is the best category my book falls into. I will post back when I have received a response.
Thanks!
Bryan

Flatliner
12-04-2011, 02:07 AM
Pavtbr, did you ever get a response from Adam? I sent a query recently and wanted to know what to expect in terms of timing. Thanks

pavtbr
12-04-2011, 06:29 AM
I sent my query to Adam on 10/14, but haven't heard anything back. I have two other queries that have been out longer (9/27 and 9/30), so I haven't given up on this one yet. I still feel pretty new to querying and such. I just got a response back a couple of days ago from another agent, and the turn around time was 51 days. I keep pretty close tabs on all of my responses, and the average response time so far has been 12 days. So, my advice is to be patient, but by all means, send out more queries in the meantime.

I'll post back when I do hear something. Good luck to you!
Bryan

Flatliner
12-05-2011, 12:57 AM
Thank you for the info Bryan. Sometimes I feel as though I'm alone on an island and my queries are lost in the Bermuda Triangle. Of course, when the Rs come in I'll feel like hiding under a rock:) My queries have all been out about 2-3 weeks. I'll let you know my stats too. Best of luck to you too!

Anita

pavtbr
12-14-2011, 04:29 AM
Thank you for the info Bryan. Sometimes I feel as though I'm alone on an island and my queries are lost in the Bermuda Triangle. Of course, when the Rs come in I'll feel like hiding under a rock:) My queries have all been out about 2-3 weeks. I'll let you know my stats too. Best of luck to you too!

Anita

I think we all feel like we're on an island sometimes. But that's what this site is good for, to give us all helpful advice and a much needed confidence boost from time to time. Don't despair, the perfect agent for you is out there someplace. It's just a matter of finding out who that person is :)
Bryan

lisa17
02-24-2012, 04:34 AM
Has anyone queried Mathew Elblonk recently and heard anything back?

pavtbr
02-26-2012, 12:09 AM
I just got a response from Adam yesterday on the query I sent in October. It was a rejection unfortunately. But for anyone who is waiting to hear on a query, it appears that it is taking a long time to read them, but they are responding.

Good luck to everyone!
Bryan

MsJudy
06-25-2012, 08:05 PM
According to Querytracker, Meredith Kaffel, who used to be with Charlotte Sheedy, is now with Defiore.

BlossomQueen
06-26-2012, 12:45 AM
According to Querytracker, Meredith Kaffel, who used to be with Charlotte Sheedy, is now with Defiore.

Has anyone here queried her? Know of any response dates? I'm thinking of sending her a letter.

MsJudy
06-26-2012, 07:10 PM
Has anyone here queried her? Know of any response dates? I'm thinking of sending her a letter.

Do it. About 6 months ago, I got the most lovely rejection letter ever. She was warm and enthusiastic, and her advice (though it was painful to admit) was spot-on. 3 other agents had all told me the same thing, but the way she phrased it made it much easier to hear.

She's top of my list for my WIP, when it's ready.

She was also really quick--requested the full within a few days, sent me a follow-up email when she started reading the full. Then there was a lag of a couple months, but it turned out that was because she couldn't decide whether to reject or not. She didn't just say, No, thanks. She took some time to think about it. So I didn't really mind the wait, once I knew the reason for it.

Wisteria Vine
06-26-2012, 10:12 PM
Just queried Adam today with my YA historical. We'll see how it goes.

kjolie
06-27-2012, 03:12 AM
I also received the nicest rejection from Meredith. She responded to my query in a week. I would definitely go ahead and query her.

Wisteria Vine
06-30-2012, 05:11 PM
I queried Adam Schear on 6/26 and got a request for the full same day. He's fast!

BlossomQueen
07-11-2012, 12:52 AM
Do it. About 6 months ago, I got the most lovely rejection letter ever. She was warm and enthusiastic, and her advice (though it was painful to admit) was spot-on. 3 other agents had all told me the same thing, but the way she phrased it made it much easier to hear.

She's top of my list for my WIP, when it's ready.

She was also really quick--requested the full within a few days, sent me a follow-up email when she started reading the full. Then there was a lag of a couple months, but it turned out that was because she couldn't decide whether to reject or not. She didn't just say, No, thanks. She took some time to think about it. So I didn't really mind the wait, once I knew the reason for it.

Thanks :). I sent the letter the same day as the last post but she hasn't responded yet, but I'm definitely willing to wait. Does anyone have a list of genres she reps?

TheCakeNovelist
07-17-2012, 06:02 PM
I queried Caryn Karmatz-Rudy on 7/5/12 and received a very nice reply with a request for a partial on 7/16.

I sent her 100 pages last night, so we'll see :)

Literary Fiction

D.L. Shepherd
07-21-2012, 03:49 AM
E-queried Brian DeFiore on 7/18. Received a full request from his assistant on 7/19. (Fingers crossed....)

D.L. Shepherd
07-21-2012, 03:50 AM
I queried Caryn Karmatz-Rudy on 7/5/12 and received a very nice reply with a request for a partial on 7/16.

Literary Fiction

That's great! :D Good luck.

TracyG
10-15-2012, 07:33 AM

Literary Fiction

I queried Caryn Karmatz Rudy in July also, and just got a partial request 10/12/12. Sent her 100 pages tonight, contemporary women's fiction. Any news on your partial?

FCameron
11-10-2012, 09:06 PM
Today, I sent a query to Caryn Karmatz.

Do any of you have updates on your partials/fulls?

Thanks.

TracyG
11-11-2012, 01:13 AM
Nope, but she's only had my partial for around three weeks or so...

TheCakeNovelist
12-11-2012, 11:50 PM
I sent my partial (100 pages) in July, and e-mailed a quick follow-up last week. Caryn got back to me within minutes requesting the full, with some very nice words about what she'd read so far.

I won't lie...I did a little dance :)

FCameron
12-12-2012, 02:42 AM
I sent my partial (100 pages) in July, and e-mailed a quick follow-up last week. Caryn got back to me within minutes requesting the full, with some very nice words about what she'd read so far.

I won't lie...I did a little dance :)

Congratulations! Hope it all works out for you! Do dance!

TheCakeNovelist
12-12-2012, 03:05 AM
Thank you! :):):)

EMaree
12-12-2012, 01:46 PM
Best of luck, TheCakeNovelist :)

D.L. Shepherd
01-31-2013, 02:04 AM
E-queried Brian DeFiore on 7/18. Received a full request from his assistant on 7/19. (Fingers crossed....)

Just to update: I never heard back on this full, even after a polite nudge earlier this month.

MaraudingDon
01-31-2013, 01:00 PM
Just to update: I never heard back on this full, even after a polite nudge earlier this month.

I had the same experience after I received several offers last year. I don't know whether it is the agent or the assistant, but fulls seem to sink without a trace.

D.L. Shepherd
01-31-2013, 06:07 PM
I had the same experience after I received several offers last year. I don't know whether it is the agent or the assistant, but fulls seem to sink without a trace.

I know someone else on query tracker reported the same thing, and they nudged more than once.

Congrats on your offers from last year!

IsabellaCranford
02-02-2013, 05:41 AM
Sorry to hear that Adam Schear took so long to respond, Bryan, and that the answer wasn't a better one. I just sent him a query for my own historical. Will have to see what happens.

ShawnProctor
02-13-2013, 06:38 AM
Publisher's Lunch: "Rebecca Strauss (http://click.publisherslunchdaily.com/cp/redir%20%20ect.php?u=NTAwNnwzNDQ4OXxzaGF3bm1wcm9jd G9yQGFvbC5jb218NzI2Mzg4fDExMDE3Njc4NHw5OTM3MTU=&id=15348713) will be moving to DeFiore and Company as an agent. She has been at McIntosh & Otis since 2005 as an agent and director of subsidiary rights."

Thedrellum
02-19-2013, 08:18 PM
E-queried Meredith Kaffel on 2/17/2013 (inc. 1st five pages).
Full requested by her assistant Morris Shamah on 2/19/13.

YA Sci-Fi 67K words.

Krista G.
02-20-2013, 09:34 PM
Just wanted to let everyone know I'll be hosting an interactive interview on my blog with Ms. Kaffel this Friday, February 22. If you have a question you'd like to ask her, feel free to hop over sometime that day.

I'll be back that morning to post a direct link.

Krista G.
02-22-2013, 06:37 PM
Here's that link:

http://www.motherwrite.blogspot.com/2013/02/interactive-interview-with-agent.html

Ms. Kaffel will take questions until 5:00 p.m. EST, so feel free to hop on over anytime between now and then!

Thedrellum
06-28-2013, 03:42 AM
Rejection on my full from Ms. Kaffel after a nudge as a result of an offer of rep.

Her rejection was great, however, and essentially said that although she liked a lot about the book, it didn't go in the direction she thought it should. As a result, she bowed out because the agent who offered was probably excited about the book as is.

She seems like she would be great to work with.

wombat
08-06-2013, 07:26 PM
Queried Meredith Kaffel at 10:47 this morning, rejection sent at 11:20. Way better than the other extreme of being left hanging for months, for sure.

jeseymour
07-14-2014, 11:31 PM
Queried Brian DeFiore on 6/28/14, rejection 7/14/14

Cel_Fleur
07-26-2014, 01:11 PM
Hi. Does anyone know if Rebecca Strauss is open for submissions? The DeFiore site doesn't list her as one of the agents currently considering, but internet activity suggests otherwise. Last month on Twitter, for instance, she posted "I'm actively looking for more: women's commercial fiction, romance, mystery, fantasy, science fiction, & YA."
The agency seems awesome, so it would be sucky to aim a shot in the deepest dark.

Thedrellum
07-27-2014, 08:22 PM
If the agent's feed (on Twitter, Facebook, whatever) says they are actively looking for manuscripts, I would take that as an A-OK to submit. Before I did so, I would make sure that there's nothing recently contradicting that desire for manuscripts. And when I submitted, I would probably make sure to reference the tweet (or whatever) I saw.

Anyway, good luck with your querying process! It's a long, hard, and sucky road (for most of us).

sooshi
08-14-2014, 12:56 AM
I queried Caryn yesterday, and she responded with a polite rejection last night.

JamesBaldwin
10-11-2014, 01:05 AM
I sent in a cold query to the agency as a whole, and got a request for a full a couple of days ago. All my digits are crossed, but I'm not holding my breath.

I've got no idea which agent was interested enough to read the full!

jtrylch13
11-21-2014, 02:45 AM
Equeried Rebecca Strauss on 10/7/14
YA Post-Apocalyptic
Form R on 10/18/14

CaoPaux
03-28-2015, 09:13 PM
Just a note for the record that they dropped "Author Services" from their name back in '13.

Lulubell
03-31-2015, 07:34 AM
Rebecca Strauss was my agent for almost a year. I'd been querying that project forever and she seemed like a good choice, good agency, a few clients whose names I've actually heard of before--no matter that they weren't in the genre I wrote in. She had no sales I knew of in my genre/category but she told me she was just looking to get into it. She was super-nice and enthusiastic, we talked at length about my book, so I was like all right, I'm on board.

Well, the first red flag was when she never mailed me back the signed contract. Then she made me do revisions for eight months, taking a month+ to read each new version I sent her. Finally I put something together that was to her satisfaction (I actually disagreed with a lot of the changes but hey... you know how it goes. An agent from NY was paying attention to me so I kept my reservations to myself and did as I was told.) And then we went on sub.

After it didn't sell for six figures after three months, she just kind of lost interest in me. She took two weeks to answer a two-sentence email, she hated everything I sent her... And then she dumped me over email, in the weirdest freaking message I've ever read. In the year I was with her she didn't make a single sale in my genre/category...and as far as I know she STILL hasn't made one.

I was going to just suck it up and move on. But then I had a talk with a friend and (after a glass of wine or two) opened up about this less-than-stellar experience. She strongly suggested I share it with others who are querying/choosing their agent. You may draw your own conclusions, but word of advice--check for sales, not just any sales, but sales in your genre, in your category. To good publishers. Sometimes agents are just new and that's normal, especially when it means they'll prioritize you and nurture your career. But when you're getting neither of these things, it's just not worth the anguish and ruined self-esteem.

Chumplet
11-25-2015, 05:25 AM
I have been researching Lisa Gallagher and learned that she had moved to this agency. However, her submission guidelines are inconsistent. I found a form on a personal web page, which requests that three chapters be attached as a pdf. It also says to make it TNR 22 pt... I think that was a typo but it was in there twice. I'll err on the side of caution and assume she meant 12 pt.

Her profile on the agency site doesn't specify the type or length of partial (it says to attach the manuscript as a word document but I have my doubts that she wants the whole thing), and the agency guidelines say to include only 5 pages but to check individual agents' guidelines.

So, given all these conflicting guidelines, should I attach three chapters as a Word document and explain that this seems to be the most logical choice? Or not explain at all and risk the email being deleted because I included an attachment?

Roxxsmom
11-25-2015, 06:14 AM
It may be she hasn't updated her personal web page since switching agencies. It sounds like she still wants attached word files, since her profile at the agency says to do this. I'd go with the three chapters if there's nothing more specific at the agency site. I've never heard of an agent who wants the whole MS with an initial sub, but some do ask for three chapters. Just indicate that you're doing this because that's what her website requests at the end of your query letter.

The agency site says to check with the individual agents in case they have different requirements, so it doesn't sound like they have a screening assistant who will preemptively delete anything with attachments before it gets to the agent. Is the e-mail for queries addressed to the specific agent or to some general "submissions @ agency name" type e-mail?

It sounds like this agent will be getting subs in different formats, possibly, until the ambiguity is ironed out.

The 22 point font is strange. I could see someone requesting 14, or even 16 if they have eye issues (I like larger screen fonts these days, since my bifocals aren't good for monitor distance). But 22 point is HUGE. So yeah, I'd assume it's a typo. The thing is, font sizes can be changed with the click of a mouse, so even with eye issues that required very large font, I can't see why someone request electronic files or e-mails be sent in larger-than-standard font.

Are you on querytracker? It might be possible to scan their comments (in their forums or in their general comments that go with the agent profiles) and discover if anyone has an answer.

Chumplet
11-25-2015, 06:45 PM
Thanks, Roxxmom. I checked QueryTracker but they didn't have specifics on the type of submissions, even in the comments. The attached file guidelines are to her individual email, not the general submissions one. I'll do what you suggest and attach three chapters to the query that goes to her email, and explain.

Thanks again!

Thedrellum
11-25-2015, 09:06 PM
In that situation, I'd probably defer to her personal site (after making sure that the personal site is current and not abandoned). Good luck, either way!

Chumplet
11-26-2015, 01:18 AM
In that situation, I'd probably defer to her personal site (after making sure that the personal site is current and not abandoned). Good luck, either way!

Her personal site mentioned the 22 point type, so I decided to steer away from that and go with her page on the Defiore site. Sent 3 chapters, attached as a Word document, and explained why.

Thedrellum
11-26-2015, 08:19 PM
Oh, I definitely didn't mean to say that you should go with the 22 pt type (egads) but that personal sites seem to usually have better info on what agents want than agency sites which have default instructions. That said, there's nothing wrong with going default. In my experience, if an agent wants something that you didn't send in the first e-mail, s/he'll let you know rather than just rejecting you.

Chumplet
11-26-2015, 11:35 PM
In this case, Thedrellum, both sites were pretty much the same, except for the form in one and email instructions in the other (and of course the 22pt). I got an email confirmation after I sent it, which was great! It's not lost in cyberspace! Whoo Hoo!

Marika
11-27-2015, 04:30 PM
It's probably too late to chime in, but I sent the first five pages inserted in the email with the query on Sept. 22 and got a request for a full on Sept. 29. (They asked for the full to be sent as a word document with no comment about font size.)

Chumplet
11-27-2015, 06:24 PM
That's great, Marika! Good luck!

Marika
11-27-2015, 10:06 PM
Thanks! Good luck to you too, Chumplet!

Filigree
04-30-2016, 08:58 PM
Any recent news or dealings with this agency?

ZachJPayne
04-30-2016, 10:54 PM
I queried Ashley Collom on 4/28, when I woke up on 4/29 I had a request for the full MS.

Filigree
05-01-2016, 03:47 AM
I went ahead and queried Rebecca today on a fantasy mms.

XSnapdragonx
09-09-2016, 03:10 AM
Has anyone had any recent experience with Lisa Gallagher?

CaoPaux
02-03-2017, 09:47 PM
Updating URL: http://www.defliterary.com/

Shoeless
03-16-2017, 08:52 PM
They have a new agent who's now actively looking to build her list, Gabrielle Piraino (http://www.defliterary.com/agent/gabrielle-piraino/). Does anyone know anything about her beyond what's present in her bio? I guess she's a pretty new agent?

Filigree
03-16-2017, 09:20 PM
Her bio is fairly detailed. Looks interesting.

Shoeless
03-16-2017, 11:09 PM
I was curious because after doing a quick Google search, she doesn't have much of a digital footprint yet, in terms of interviews or other professional/career information about her. She's definitely got some impressive background credentials, but I guess the lack of other information probably makes her a newer agent that is looking to start seriously building a brand new list of authors. Presumably, despite not having a list of her own yet, she's getting a lot of support from the agency she's with now?

Undercover
03-17-2017, 05:24 PM
I had a full out with Bob. I had to nudge after 3 months, but he answered with a rejection.

Krista G.
04-07-2017, 01:47 AM
Ms. Piraino will be judging next week's round of "An Agent's Inbox"! Details here: http://kristavandolzer.blogspot.com/2017/04/an-agents-inbox-contest-alert.html

(Please note that this contest is only for new queriers.)

Krista G.
04-10-2017, 07:30 PM
I'm now accepting entries for this week's round of "An Agent's Inbox" with Ms. Piraino: http://kristavandolzer.blogspot.com/2017/04/now-accepting-entries.html

Get feedback on your query and first FIVE pages from your peers and Ms. Piraino. There are still a few spots left!

Vivairi
06-30-2018, 08:45 PM
Any recent experiences with this agency?