Help! Can't get into SYW

Status
Not open for further replies.

SecretScribe

Registered
Reaction score
Hi there

All of a suddenly I can't get into SYW. I type in the password and then get directed back to the "type in your password" page. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

tjwriter

Emerging Anew
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kidscoffeechaos.wordpress.com
If you are using Internet Explorer or some version of that, Click Tools, Internet Options, under Temporary Internet Files, it will say Delete Cookies. Click that button.

Or some variation of that!

Let us know what browser you are using.

SecretScribe

Registered
Reaction score
I think the problem could be that I use a friend's computer at home and she has just bought a new one. Don't think cookies are enabled. Do I do that at the same place? She has the new Windows loaded and is using Explorer at the moment.

tjwriter

Emerging Anew
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kidscoffeechaos.wordpress.com
The privacy tab in that same spot has a scroll setting that you can adjust to allow what level of cookies you want. Mine is set on Medium.

I don't know if that is the on Vista or even Internet Explorer 7 because it's not running on my computer right now.

Maybe a mod can port this down to the tech forum and those that are running the same specs as you can walk you through it.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I think the problem could be that I use a friend's computer at home and she has just bought a new one. Don't think cookies are enabled. Do I do that at the same place? She has the new Windows loaded and is using Explorer at the moment.
Yes, it's up there at Tools / Internet Options / Privacy, and perhaps / Advanced.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The privacy tab in that same spot has a scroll setting that you can adjust to allow what level of cookies you want. Mine is set on Medium.

I don't know if that is the on Vista or even Internet Explorer 7 because it's not running on my computer right now.

Maybe a mod can port this down to the tech forum and those that are running the same specs as you can walk you through it.
Mine is Custom. I choose whether a site can load a cookie or do some other stuff on my computer; I think it's much safer that way. For some websites, like AW, I've enabled it to always allow the cookie.

Some of the computer tech sites give examples of recommended settings to help keep your computer safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.