Is It True?

AllyWoof

Becoming a Serious Writer!
Registered
Reaction score
Can you really write erotica where people actually wear clothing?

pepperlandgirl

American Aquarium Drinker
Registered
Reaction score
I suppose so, since my characters wear clothing all the time (as opposed to flour bags?).

glendalough

Not so new as all that, really
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Some would argue that clothing is more erotic that nakedness. A silky dress that hugs the curves or even a pair of worn out blue jeans with a white men's shirt...on the right body...

A man in boxers or a man in those same tight jeans..no shirt...

AllyWoof

Registered
Reaction score
As apposed to being nude. I have an a version to being naked. Don't ask where that came from. I have no clue.

pepperlandgirl

American Aquarium Drinker
Registered
Reaction score
The hottest scene I ever wrote had the heroine in her bra and underwear, and the hero in his jeans with his shirt unbuttoned and they got pretty down and dirty, ifyouknowwhatImean.

Actually, now that I think about it, I try to keep my guys in their jeans for at least one scene per book. Ooh, or in dress shirts with their ties draped around their necks....

AllyWoof

Registered
Reaction score
My next question is why in the world am i even courious? I don't write erotica. lol

sunandshadow

Impractical Fantasy Animal
Registered
Reaction score
Website
home.comcast.net
Nakedness symbolizes vulnerability and animality, so the root of an aversion to being naked would probably be fear of: being vulnerable to attack, criticism, people prying into your private thoughts, shame at considering one's inner self to be dirty or savage, or loss of self-control and as a result behaving monstrously. That's what I'd say if I was helping someone create a main character who had an aversion to nudity anyway.

mscelina

Teh doommobile, drivin' rite by you
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Going shopping with Soccer Mom and Bubastes for fu
These days in erotica, it's pretty much anything goes. As a writer of paranormal erotica in my "other" personality, I have greater advantages that most in dealing with....er.....impediments. *grin* Like clothes.

MelodyO

Waiting for love on the web
Registered
Reaction score
Of course...especially when they're up against a wall in a back alley.

I've heard. :D

akiwiguy

AW Inmate #90976
Registered
Reaction score
For me personally nothing does it quite like clothed/partially-clothed. In fact, subtleties of dress and undress, to my way of thinking, are one of the most powerful aspects of an erotic scene.

akiwiguy

AW Inmate #90976
Registered
Reaction score
By the way, the opening scenes of Story of O (which may or may not be everyone's cup of tea as it portrays the objectification of a woman as her lover's slave in a rather extreme way) are devoted almost entirely to meticulous detail as to how she dresses in accordance with the demands of her lover so that she is "available" to him. The way this is handled is as erotic as any blatant sex scene could ever be. I'm not sure how someone who doesn't have a bit of an interest in submission themes would read it, but within context it is a very good example of where the manner of dressing is absolutely central to the eroticism.

Stacia Kane

Girl Detective
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.staciakane.com
For me personally nothing does it quite like clothed/partially-clothed. In fact, subtleties of dress and undress, to my way of thinking, are one of the most powerful aspects of an erotic scene.

I agree. I love when they struggle with clothing or just remove what's necessary. My heroines wear a lot of skirts. :)

AllyWoof

Registered
Reaction score
I still wonder why this issue pique my couriosity.

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
One of my favorite scenes had one person naked and the other only undid his fly. It was all about the power dynamic ;)

Writer2011

Registered
Reaction score
Some of the most erotic moments can come with the characters wearing clothing... In one of my short stories, the MC is in the back of a taxi cab... I won't go further, but you get the idea.. :)