PDA

View Full Version : SHHHH TOP SECRET Has anyone had a GOOD experience?

glendalough
06-13-2007, 03:30 AM
I don't mean publishing to give as gifts or for your own shelf...but in the 'typical' dream of getting published...any good experiences?

glendalough
06-13-2007, 03:37 AM
Okay, I just finished the zillionth post in the negative and relized that this question is probably pointless because even in the event of pros...the cons drown it. lol

My friend got published (quote unquote) with them and I was soooo jealous. Now I'd be embarassed to ask about it.

Rolling Thunder
06-13-2007, 03:52 AM
The difference between being published, and signing with PA, is your book is tied up for seven-long-years. Oh what a dollar buys. If you're looking to be taken seriously with your book send it out to agents. Don't listen to the PA hype; if your book isn't on a shelf in a bookstore the odds of it ever becoming more than a curiosity are less than positive.

JulieB
06-13-2007, 04:18 AM
Some people claim that they've researched PA and know what they're getting when they sign on the bottom line. For them, I suppose they get what they want. But (with apologies to the philosopher Jagger) do they get what they need?