PDA

View Full Version : Musicians: what gear do you have?

Bubastes
06-12-2007, 05:26 PM
I'm just curious to see what "stuff" the folks on this board have for making music. I look forward to reading the responses!

alleycat
06-12-2007, 05:45 PM
I have two guitars . . . which I play badly.

And a flute . . . because I thought it might be easier to play than a guitar (I was wrong).

III
06-12-2007, 05:58 PM
Mine constantly changes (thanks to EBay). Right now:

Ibanez USA Custom w/ graphic
Ibanez Jem 777 SK
Ibanez Jem 555 BK w/ mods
Schecter C-1 Classic in Amber (pictured in avatar)
'84 Cherry Red Gibson SG
Samick Valley Arts custom swirl guitar
Ovation Celebrity Acoustic
Cort bass
Peavy 5150 4 X 12 cabinet
Digitech 2102 Effects Processor
Yamaha keyboard (of some sort)
Bunch of misc amps, pedals, etc.

Your turn, ChuckyC

Bubastes
06-12-2007, 06:14 PM
Oops, forgot to post mine:

Tama Starclassic kit (bass and 3 toms)
Tama Stewart Copeland signature snare
Zildjian A Custom cymbals (hi hat, ride, crash)

I don't plan to get any more gear. Well, maybe a cowbell. :D

RG570
06-12-2007, 08:59 PM
I've pared down my gear to bare essentials since I've been broke lately and have not gigged for quite some time. At the moment I have:

ESP/LTD EX-3351D (Yes, the goofy looking one with the crap diamond plate on it). Replaced the HZs with a DiMarzio X2N in the bridge and FRED in the neck. I never play it these days though, since I don't play metal anymore.

Ibanez RG570

Ibanez RG470 with an Evolution in the bridge

Behringer V-amp

I'd like an ES-175, a real strat, and one of these days I need to turn the V-amp into a fully functional rack dealy.

ChunkyC
06-12-2007, 09:29 PM
Your turn, ChuckyC
Allrighty-then. I'm not at home and can't remember exact model numbers, yadda yadda, but....

Guitars:
1960 Gibson Melody Maker, customized with Shift2000 locking tremolo
19?? Yamaha that looks somewhat like a Les Paul Junior
197? Microfrets Signature

Amp (Earschplittenloudenboomer):
Dean Markley open back single 12" amp
2 x single 12" speaker cabinets

Rack:
Roland digital delay with 4 presets
Yamaha digital delay
Roland dual digital delay (2 delays in one rack unit, second one with stereo output)

Pedalboard:
Roland Boss digital hands-free tuner
Ernie Ball volume pedal
Roland Boss Overdrive
Ibanez Boss compressor/sustainer
Ibanez overdrive
'The Rat' overdrive (LOVE this mofo!)
control switches for the digital delays

The speaker cabinets used to be a single 2x12 Fender cab. Back when I was still on the road, I drove them with a 1963 Fender Bassman and a 1965 Fender Bandmaster until they finally gave up the ghost. I came out of the dual delay in the rack in stereo and ran one channel to each amp. Now everything collects dust except the Melody Maker and the Dean Markley amp. That's what I use to putter around with.

alleycat
06-12-2007, 09:30 PM
Showoff.

Did I mention I have a flute?

;-)

ChunkyC
06-12-2007, 09:39 PM
I couldn't play the flute if my life depended on it. :D

BardSkye
06-12-2007, 09:41 PM
Barbershopper aren't allowed anything but a pitchpipe.

At home, however, I have:

A flute
A Traynor Bassman amp (tube) circa 1968 or so
Ibanez bass, early 70's
Canora bass (Fender knockoff), late 60's
Fender Stratocaster, 1970
Fender Jaguar, 1955

ChunkyC
06-12-2007, 09:44 PM
Good lawd, a '55 Fender Jaguar? I'm in love. :LilLove:

I had a 70s era Stratocaster for a number of years, until some dirtbag stole it. I loved that guitar. *sigh*

III
06-12-2007, 09:58 PM
I had a 70s era Stratocaster for a number of years, until some dirtbag stole it.

That's why I didn't list it in my gear. I was afraid you would press charges.

ChunkyC
06-12-2007, 10:12 PM
If you can tell me what colour it was, I might believe you. :D

Nolita
06-12-2007, 10:36 PM
Allrighty then...

A Radio Shack amp(owned outright and they charged more than Guitar Center charges for a small Fender, but my mom bought it to replace a craptastic package deal amp so no complaints, it's plenty for practice)...

A crappy Harmony strat-style guitar. Crappy because it arrived with a cracked neck(finished on top of the crack so manufacturer knew it was a piece of crap before sending it out, was sealed and I think they glued it too), and the way the neck's built, it digs and cuts into the soft part of my hand(where thumb meets hand, and it's just ouchie). If that's not enough, action's high(and it's supposed to be for beginners, which is vile, a beginner doesn't know these things) and hurts like hell to try and learn anything on it...

One borrowed Fender Strat. It's MIM and yet it's good and solid(guess my friend got hella lucky). Nothing's falling off or anything.

Shared my crappy gear so others with crap can feel better about theirs' :). Oh and if I can get pinch harmonics out of a borrowed strat + radio shack amp(which I did last night, hit or miss, but was hella fun, managed to get several), then anything's possible.

Nolita
06-12-2007, 11:24 PM
60's Strat for under $500 (http://used.guitarcenter.com/usedgear/details.cfm?listID=104185298) Don't know if it's really what they think it is, but check it out.

ChunkyC
06-13-2007, 12:03 AM
It looks legit from the photo. Note the peghead, it's smaller in the older Strats. Starting around the 1970s, the bottom part of the head opposite the tuning pegs (where the company logo and model name is) got fatter. I believe that's when they started making them in Mexico. I'll see if I can find a pic for comparison ... here's a good 'un on the Fender site (http://www.fender.com/products/prod_images/guitars/0100070800_md.png).

See how the bottom of the peghead is more curved, and the logo/name is curved as well instead of being straight as in the other one? That's a good indication you have a Mexican-made Strat.

Nolita
06-13-2007, 06:42 AM
Gawd I'm such a girlie-girl. Don't know anything about it, except it's sparkly and pretty. So I want it I think it's a new Jaguar (http://cachepe.zzounds.com/media/quality,85/brand,zzounds/0100900883_hi-65bed198e5560dc9be8b4d52f4f16738.jpg) hehehe haven't the foggiest what it does, but it's got extra shimmers and thing-a-ma-bobs + doo-hickies, so I want one :P.

Bartholomew
06-13-2007, 07:22 AM
One Guitar
One Yamaha Keyboard
Two Bamboo Flutes (tuned to something resembling G)
A Pennywhistle in G
" " " Bb
" " " C
" " " D
" " " F
A fife.
A concert flute.
A highland whistle in D.
A highland whistle in G.
Panpipes.
A harmonica in C
" " " Bb
An irish flute with ergonomic finger holes. (Technically, still being made.)
An ocarina (damned if I know where I put it, though.)
A plastic recorder in C, soprano.
A wooden recorder in F, alto.
My voice. Yes, that was a threat.

gem1122
06-13-2007, 07:35 AM
Reverend Rocco electric
Danelectro U2-56 electric
Alvarez 5022 acoustic
Crappy old drum set
Crappy old keyboards
Sapphire firewire recording interface
MXL V65 condensor mic
Various (crappy) harmonicas
Several notebooks, computer files, and CDs with many, many unfinished (yes, and crappy) songs.

Bartholomew
06-13-2007, 07:52 AM
Oh, and a celtic shield drum with a name I can't spell.

(Sounds like "Bow-ran.")

BardSkye
06-13-2007, 09:27 AM
Would that be a bodhran?

I can use my voice as a weapon, too.

Cassie
06-13-2007, 09:46 AM
Uhhh - I'm no musician, but I do have:

A pick belonging once to Ronny Woods' (he flung it into the audience at a 1994 Stones concert, and it landed in my eye);

A Taylor Hicks guitar pick and a stick Taylor used to play the cowbell.

benbradley
06-13-2007, 10:10 AM
60's Strat for under $500 (http://used.guitarcenter.com/usedgear/details.cfm?listID=104185298) Don't know if it's really what they think it is, but check it out.

During a time when musicians were altering, incinerating and evoking sounds never experienced or imagined by the folks at the Fender factory, rock music came into its own and the Stratocaster guitar became a countercultural symbol. The ?60s Stratocaster, with its rosewood fingerboard, multi-ply pickguard and vintage hardware, captures that amazing and groundbreaking chapter in Fender history.

This is surely a "reissue."

Please note: All items are on display in our store and may be subject to prior sale. To verify availability or for a complete description of the item, please contact the store listed

If it were truly made in the 1960's and priced under four digits it would fly out of the store at quite nearly the speed of light. I might be rushing to get it myself. Okay, maybe it's possible that's a real '60's strat, in which case the person who priced it has been fired.

I had a '75 sunburst strat, sold it in the early '90's for $500 when I needed the money, and thought of getting a similar one in the late '90's to replace it. The prices for '75 strats had gone into the $1,000 range. I shoulda bit the bullet, I just checked and they're closer to $2,000 now.

I have about five electric guitars and five acoustics. They're all in different stages of disrepair. I've been playing my Fernandes lawsuit strat lately, and the neck has developed a buzz on certain notes, apparently from a loose truss rod.

Medievalist
06-13-2007, 10:38 AM
Mine goes to 11 :D

Shadow_Ferret
06-13-2007, 03:54 PM
1978 Ibenez Les Paul copy
2000 Gibson SG Special
19?? POS Texarkana acoustic signed by all the members of Journey
198? Peavy Backstage Plus
Behringer V-Amp

But I wouldn't call myself a muscian

and my oldest son has a King Trombone
my youngest has a First Act drum set

ChunkyC
06-13-2007, 07:25 PM
I've always wanted one of these.

http://homer.netmar.com/%7Emuscon2/r110.jpg

Rickenbacker double-neck 6/12. Just makes me drool. According to the site where I found the image (http://www.the-music-connection.com/riccol.htm), this baby sold for $5,495 US.

III
06-13-2007, 10:58 PM
Rickenbacker double-neck 6/12. Just makes me drool. According to the site where I found the image (http://www.the-music-connection.com/riccol.htm), this baby sold for $5,495 US.

Dude, you ever go to the NAMM show? I used to work for a piano manufacturer and I got to go twice and once to the Frankfurt Music Messa (which is about 3X bigger than NAMM). I snuck away from our booth every chance I got and played every crazy guitar from around the world. Talk about being a kid in a candy store! My buddy in Denmark grew up with the VP of PRS Guitars, so we went to their booth and they let us play a $30k custom hollow-body. If I had a gun, I would've just shot my way out of the place with the guitar under one arm and made a run for Mexico.

Bartholomew
06-13-2007, 11:48 PM
I've always wanted one of these.

http://homer.netmar.com/%7Emuscon2/r110.jpg

That looks like such a pain in the ass to tune.

Nolita
06-14-2007, 01:00 AM

Not if you can afford this (http://www.tronical.com/products). Watch the video and find yourself mesmerized by the guitar tuning itsself. Yeah, just get two of the tronical tuners and there ya go. I didn't even dare to check the price. Probably about a thousand times the cost of the guitar I'm trying to save for(cheapest Gretsch, unless I go with chambered body and blemished, but yuck black, so I guess I'll keep saving for the vintage orange finish I want).

Now if I can just find a Gibson Les Paul, hardly used, only played on Sundays by a little old lady, for $50-100, that would be freakin' sweet!

ChunkyC
06-14-2007, 02:33 AM
I would cherish every moment spent with a guitar like that. :LilLove:

Seriously, tuning that baby manually would take a while, that's for sure. But it would be worth it.

Peggy
06-14-2007, 03:46 AM
Now if I can just find a Gibson Les Paul, hardly used, only played on Sundays by a little old lady, for $50-100, that would be freakin' sweet! My husband's been looking for an affordable Gibson Les Paul too, but he's willing to spend a few hundred, so he'd outbid you ;). As a non-musician I don't really get why he needs it when he already has 3 electric guitars, 2 acoustic guitars, and a bass - plus several amps.

I'm not going to let him see this thread.

Nolita
06-14-2007, 04:55 AM
My husband's been looking for an affordable Gibson Les Paul too, but he's willing to spend a few hundred, so he'd outbid you ;). As a non-musician I don't really get why he needs it when he already has 3 electric guitars, 2 acoustic guitars, and a bass - plus several amps.

I'm not going to let him see this thread.

It's the sound. I'm a beginner, but even I can hear the difference in guitars. It probably varies from person to person. Will give an example I've noticed. For bright sparkly bouncy sounds, like Brian Setzer plays, Gretsch look like the best, but apparently most brands of hollow body guitars with Bigsby style tremelo will work, so I'm giving Ibanez Artcore serious consideration in case I give up 1/2 way through saving for the Gretsh. Hollow body for twang and I believe it gives good jangle too.

Les Paul, well, listen to Jimmy Page. Or heck, Les Paul(of course), that should tell you why he needs it. Also, the hardware makes a difference. So he might be making due with a different brand's version of the guitar, but saving up for the Gibson.

I saw a cute little 3/4 version of a Les Paul, in an off-brand for $149 clearance price. It's little and pink, probably not something your hubby would go for. I'm thinking about it for continuing my lessons while saving up for something really good though.(Feeling a bit guilty about extended borrowing, even though my friend can't play and doesn't enjoy the guitar). Criminy, it was sitting in the corner gathering dust(I'm serious, thick layer of dust).

I changed the strings and cleaned it up and it's nice, but you know, feels kinda weird, and I don't dare fall asleep while practicing.

RG570
06-14-2007, 05:52 AM
It's the sound. I'm a beginner, but even I can hear the difference in guitars. It probably varies from person to person. Will give an example I've noticed. For bright sparkly bouncy sounds, like Brian Setzer plays, Gretsch look like the best, but apparently most brands of hollow body guitars with Bigsby style tremelo will work, so I'm giving Ibanez Artcore serious consideration in case I give up 1/2 way through saving for the Gretsh. Hollow body for twang and I believe it gives good jangle too.

Eh, not really, unless the hollowbody has P90s in it. That twang is more from the amp than the guitar. Those guitars actually have a naturally dark tone. That is why we use them for jazz. For natural sparkly tone, you can't beat a telecaster.

I'd go for the artcore. It might be cool to own something with "gretsch" written on it, but the ibanez won't let you down (I actually prefer them), and the price is fair.

Nolita
06-14-2007, 08:04 AM
So sparkly's not quite the right word, but somehow, a lot of music where I see the guy's playing a strat, sounds, well, grimy. Still, I've seen some grunge vids where they weren't playing strats so...

Why I want that particular style guitar though, is flexibility. Looks like more styles of music will sound good on it. I like country(but not the new fangled style that's closer to pop), rockabilly, psychobilly, jazz, and swing(and yeah I know the billys are cousins, and jazz and swing are cousins, kissing cousins, definitely same families). It's less, I don't know what the word is but you get the idea...

So maybe it's the amp, or even the effects used making the strats sound less, I dunno, clean. Cuz I know when I turn off distortion, it doesn't sound all overdriven(wrong word, but you know, almost like an engine or something). I just keep fiddling with knobs and seeing what comes out of the cratelet(it's a little amp, but the kind you plug in, no batteries).

Oh wait, so here's the Ibanez (http://www.ibanez.com/hollow/guitar.aspx?m=AFS75T&c=TRD) I was talking about. If Artcores are good enough for George Benson, who am I to diss them? But then again, the Electromatic I was looking at has such a pretty finish, with lovely wood grain.

I was looking at one from a company called Arbor, but apparently they're not a very good brand, and it's kind of a lotto as to whether or not the guitar you get will really be any good, + bad electronics. That's just from reading around and searching. Happy I'm shopping while saving, instead of the other way round, or I'd have plunked down the money for it, and yikes!

A bonus I forgot to mention(on account of I'm living vicariously through Peggy's hubby for the moment, sigh to just be able to go out and buy decent to great without having to save first...), is I read from multiple owners of hollow bodies that they sound good even when not plugged in.

Hey RG, when you said "we use them for jazz", did you mean "we" as in you play jazz? Care to share? Will help me to get Nelly The Elephant out of my head(it's in ear-worm mode).

BardSkye
06-14-2007, 08:16 AM
It's the sound. I'm a beginner, but even I can hear the difference in guitars.

Very true. When I first went out to get a professional guitar, my mother accused me of just getting it because that's the one my rock idol played. Untrue, as it happened; he played a Rickenbacher bass and I bought a Strat. I tried every brand before settling on the Strat as the one that sounded best to me. Another consideration is neck width. I have small hands and the neck on a Les Paul is 'way too big for comfort.

When I found the Jaguar in the back corner of a pawn shop, I was expecting it to sound much the same as the Strat and was blown away when I plugged it in. Rich, mellow, very full bluesy sound. Fell in love on the spot even though someone had painted it day-glo purple.

It's not worth as much as one in factory-prime condition would be. I stripped the paint and left it woodgrain, and I had to replace the original cloth-covered wiring, which was in very, very poor condition, but it still sounds terrific and that's all I care about.

Peggy
06-14-2007, 09:09 AM
It's the sound. I'm a beginner, but even I can hear the difference in guitars. Ah, so I guess I should believe him when he says that a Les Paul would sound different than his pretty American Strat.

I saw a cute little 3/4 version of a Les Paul, in an off-brand for $149 clearance price. It's little and pink, probably not something your hubby would go for. No, probably not his style :) I'm pretty sure he'd like one similar to the kind Pete Townshend played (plays?).

I changed the strings and cleaned it up and it's nice, but you know, feels kinda weird, and I don't dare fall asleep while practicing. My husband only sleeps with his cheap guitar (http://thoughtsontheroad.blogspot.com/2005/12/sleeping-around.html).

Nolita
06-14-2007, 10:23 AM
Hee, cute. I always said that if I ever had kids, I wanted twins. Just get it over with and fast. I'm changing my mind now. Now, if I ever have kids, one at a time, and well spaced. That way if there's an emergency - baby in one arm, and guitar in the other. If I manage to snag a husband he better have working legs, and get himself to safety.

I must be blind as a bat, or can't recognize guitars at different angles, but that looks like one brand or another's Les Paul. But from brand to brand they sound different too. Heck, I hear they can sound different shipment to shipment and guitar to guitar.

ChunkyC
06-14-2007, 08:29 PM
The Les Paul sounds totally different to a Stratocaster. Lots of reasons, but one of the big ones is the pickups. Les Paul has dual-coil, which give a thicker, boxy sound whereas the Strat has single-coil, which are thinner sounding, and can be more subject to interference from things like flourescent light fixtures, which add a bit of an electrical buzz to the sound. Modern guitars compensate for that, but you really notice it on the old strats.

For examples, listen to David Gilmour on Pink Floyd's Money, then Pete Townsend on the Who's Won't Get Fooled Again. Gilmour is a Fender Stratocaster man all the way, and Townsend has been primarily a Gibson player, playing SG's and Les Paul's a lot.

rugcat
06-19-2007, 09:53 AM
I have a 1951 Martin acoustic 00021, a 1960 Fender DuoSonic, and a 1968 Gibson ES 335, which I play almost exclusively these days.

Nolita
06-20-2007, 02:51 AM
It turns out a Gretsch solid body is very close to a Gibson Les Paul in sound. Researched a bit and found out Gretsch uses solid mahogany, even on it's cheapest model. Internet's a veritable treasure trove of information. :D

So I can save up for the hollow body. Get it(for sounds that are better with a hollow body), and then save up again for a Gretsch solid body, and will sound pretty darned close to the Gibson I can't afford. It's that or stalk Kiefer Sutherland untill he gives me one of his just to make me go away :P.

Nolita
06-20-2007, 03:15 AM
Yeah, also I'm confused as to how Gretsch can sell a solid body Mahogany same size as Gibson's Melody maker, but with humbuckers for around $500. Confused because, adding on to the Melody Maker, well, won't it cost over $500 total with upgrades?

Will wait untill I'm actually good enough for performing to save up for a really good amp, but still...

It strikes me as being odd. How the Melody Maker looks cheaper, but then once you upgrade, it costs more. Don't get me wrong, I can understand how someone wouldn't be satisfied with the humbuckers that come with the Gretsch and decide to upgrade those.

Also trying to wrap my brain around how a Melody Maker comes close to the expected Gibson sound if it has single coil pickups.

ChunkyC
06-20-2007, 04:07 AM
It probably has to do with the body of the guitar as well. My Melody Maker does not sound nearly as 'fat' as a Les Paul, but it's much thicker sounding than a Strat or Tele.

I finally got off my duff and uploaded a pic of my gear:

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s128/ChunkyC_bucket/gear1.jpg

This was before I had to turf my old Fender amps. And below is a shot of me playing my baby, while wearing the infamous bumblebee pants Jenna loves so much. circa 1983. Feel free to laugh, like I could stop you. :D

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s128/ChunkyC_bucket/scan001b.jpg

Nolita
06-20-2007, 04:40 AM
It's not just the pants. It's the stance as well. It's like you knew there was something terribly wrong even then, but someone talked you into the ensemble.

You'd be so proud of me. I leveled the saddles, and adjusted the action on "my" guitar all by myself. Plus I'm starting to get proper calluses.

yesandno
06-20-2007, 05:54 AM
*A Fender Jag-Stang. I will also tell you that it's aqua blue, 'cause I'm a big girly girl.
*A beautiful Garcia classical guitar. It has inlays, and is awful purty.
*A crappy saxophone, which I love.
*A Musicman Combo to play the Jag-Stang through.
*Assorted pedals and effects.

Danger Jane
06-20-2007, 07:27 AM
A pretty nice violin made by some Romanian guy named Gliga Vasile

The back of it looks pretty much like the back of this one :tongue

http://www.gligaviolins.com/photos/GC7922violin3_4gliga_.jpg

don't scoff, my violin has taken me across the country!

III
06-20-2007, 05:28 PM
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s128/ChunkyC_bucket/scan001b.jpg

Have you seen the commercial with Barkley and D. Wade where they're watching the old tapes of Charles playing basketball in the late '80's wearing his short-shorts?

SEXEHHHHHHHHHHHH
:D

III
06-20-2007, 10:29 PM
This is my home office / sanctuary.

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s217/youngjay210/GuitarRack.jpg

Here's a link to me farting around on YouTube where you can hear the wonderful tone of the Ibanez Jem 777.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkYM4oMbTco

Nolita
06-21-2007, 04:05 AM
Did they really name it the Jem 777? Cuz now I've got "Je-em is truly outrageous, truly-truly-truly outrageous" running through my head. Thanks for the earworm.

ChunkyC
06-21-2007, 04:16 AM
The Ibanez sounds great, Jay. And your wall o' guitars is killer. :) I couldn't set anything up like that, my cats would have 'em all on the floor within thirty seconds, unless I kept 'em in a locked room. The guitars, not the cats. ;)

You'd be so proud of me. I leveled the saddles, and adjusted the action on "my" guitar all by myself. Plus I'm starting to get proper calluses.
Good onya! It's a pretty cool feeling when you start getting it right, eh?

Nolita
06-21-2007, 09:34 AM
Yeah, just wish I'd been less stubborn about unwinding and rewinding the strings all the way. Slippage from starting with too short of a tail + the adjustments.

III
06-21-2007, 04:58 PM
Did they really name it the Jem 777? Cuz now I've got "Je-em is truly outrageous, truly-truly-truly outrageous" running through my head. Thanks for the earworm.

Thanks for spreading the disease. I'll need a sharp pencil to dig this one out of my ear.

rugcat
06-22-2007, 07:51 AM
Here's the MySpace (http://www.myspace.com/theprocrastinistas) link to my band. It's what I do when I'm not writing or working.

dahosek
06-26-2007, 09:45 PM
Let's see, I've got three basses: A Gibson EB-3, a MusicMan Stingray Fretless 5 and an Engelhardt EM-1. I've got a Takamine LTD96 acoustic guitar, an Armstrong flute (basic student model), a Roland A90EX keyboard with a rack of synth stuff hooked in, plus a bunch of small drums and percussion.

My wife has an alto sax, a clarinet and a bunch of recorders.

cooltouch
06-27-2007, 12:23 AM
I build guitars. So, I have a bunch that I've built hanging around all over the house. Here's one of the more recent ones:

http://michaelmcbroom.com/g8complete1.jpg

Yes, it has 10 strings. :) You can see more at my website. (http://mcbroomguitars.com)

So, anyway, including the guitars I built, I have:

10 classicals (seven I built)
2 steel string acoustics, one I built,, and one Seagull Artist Folk.
Gibson 1984 SG Showcase Edition (w/EMGs)
Gibson 2000 Les Paul TV Model (w/P90s)
Fender 1996 American Standard Strat
Fender Squire Venus ("Courtney Love Model" -- very rare!
Kramer Strat-copy w/Floyd Rose tremolo, humbucker and added P90
Ibanez 2455NT (big blonde jazz guitar)
Godin Nylon Multiac
Osborne prototype w/Seymour Duncan PAFs
Roland GR-33 Guitar synthesizer
Yamaha PSR500 synth (oldie but goodie)
Homebuilt digital audio workstation with a boatload of gear to go with it.

There's more, but that's the majority of it.

Best,

Michael

ChunkyC
06-27-2007, 12:36 AM
Wow, that's beautiful, Michael. :)

Nolita
06-27-2007, 07:10 AM
Oh wow, it's an "impossible guitar"(I'll dig up the youtube link eventually). Michael has mad-skills! Oooh-ooh! Play Classical Gas!!!

cooltouch
06-27-2007, 09:22 AM
Oh wow, it's an "impossible guitar"(I'll dig up the youtube link eventually). Michael has mad-skills! Oooh-ooh! Play Classical Gas!!!

You're talking about this one: http://youtube.com/watch?v=r2BOApUvFpw

One of my clients (who ordered a 10-string from me) is a friend of Dominic Frasca's.

Best,

Michael