PDA

View Full Version : I found a Fender Amp !!!

Rainy Night
06-11-2007, 08:27 PM
I couldn’t believe this… I have to tell somebody!

I took my daughter to ballet class on Saturday and while waiting for her I drove to Starbucks to get a coffee and on my way passed a Goodwill store with people dropping off donations… and sitting all by itself next to the donation bin was what looked like an amp… So I turned around pulled in and sitting there in perfect condition was a Fender Acoustisonic 30… when I say perfect I mean perfect… not a mark on the Tolex, the fabric, looked like it had never been used… so I asked the guy working there how much… he said “$40”… I said “can we plug it in, test it?” He said he didn’t have any cords… said he could knock it down to $30… I paused for a second, thinking maybe the speakers were blown or something… then said the magic words… “IT’S HALF PRICE SATURDAY”

A mint Fender amp for $15… I bought it, brought it home and plugged it in… it works perfectly and sounds increadible when I plug in my Ovation…

OMG I’m so happy !!!

*I just had to share*

pconsidine
06-11-2007, 08:58 PM
I will be by to steal it from you in a few hours. Please leave the door unlocked to avoid damage to your home.

Thanks.

BardSkye
06-12-2007, 09:53 AM
Now that's a find most would sell their soul for.

poetinahat
06-12-2007, 09:58 AM
That's justice for you. Good equipment to a good home!

Now, of course, you have to YouTube you and the amp in action for us, y'know....

Rainy Night
06-12-2007, 08:14 PM
That's justice for you. Good equipment to a good home!

Now, of course, you have to YouTube you and the amp in action for us, y'know....
If I can get as good of a deal on a digital camcorder at Goodwill then it's a deal.:D

ChunkyC
06-16-2007, 12:47 AM
Cool, Rainy! :Thumbs:

gem1122
06-16-2007, 01:35 AM
Sweet deal. I've good things about those amps. It has an extra channel for a vocal mic, right?

Rainy Night
06-16-2007, 01:44 AM
Sweet deal. I've good things about those amps. It has an extra channel for a vocal mic, right?
Yes, it does... I have a mic, but I haven't tried it out yet.

Nolita
06-16-2007, 04:57 AM
Okay, now that the green-eyed-monster is at bay, I can say...

Hip-hip-hooray!!!

With a crime you got away:)

Now steal me a good guitar will ya? ;).

Just teasing, couldn't resist.

cooltouch
06-17-2007, 08:48 AM
I am soooo jealous! Err (looks around) well, between my old Crate and my two Marshalls, I'm sure I could squeeze in a Fender! So there! I'm still jealous!

Good on ya, and great find!

Best,

Michael

TsukiRyoko
06-17-2007, 08:49 AM
I would kill for a Fender Amp. I don't play guitar or bass, but I have regular jam sessions with many people who do, and I could make some serious money by letting them use it.