I KNOW what I saw...

Inky

Eat, Sleep, Write...
Registered
Reaction score
Here in Europe, one learns to pay attention to peripheral movement of shadow & darkness, for magick is alive and well in this land of ancientness. What most would pass off as mere imagination, some of us have learned...look again...

Can you add to this? Up to 5 sentences.

A triple espresso began my day, so my senses were on high alert, even though dawn had barely taken her first yawn. I rounded the bend and eased onto the brake, though I knew at this bluish hour there would be no need to honor the yield sign.
And then I saw it. Dark, fast, and stretched as it ran into the forest. A wolf. Huge.
Only. . .only. . .it wasn't of fur, but of shadow.

Okay, word-painters, you fill in what happens next, each participant picking up where the previous writer left off.

Addendum:
Okay, so it may take more like 7 sentences to really play this out...

Last edited:

akiwiguy

AW Inmate #90976
Registered
Reaction score
I parked, killed the lights, and together we sniffed at the twilight air...
A deliciously feral stench this shadow had left.
Silently we slid to the edge of the undergrowth, and crouched there for some minutes, listening. Then you flashed a glance with excited yellow eyes, and together we began to move forward in a quickening jog.

JJ Cooper

Registered
Reaction score
Don't know if I'm playing it right but I'll try.

Five strategically placed street lights lay ahead for the race of my life. My legs heavy with lager, my head light with laughter. The advantage was with him; he never drank or laughed. Running, running, running - he teased as he caught me with each street light then dropped back. I gasped for breath and he is always with me; silent.

JJ

Last edited:

Inky

Eat, Sleep, Write...
Registered
Reaction score
I stood upright, lifted my face into the growing wind and sniffed. Fear; a strong stench. But fear of what? Were we not brethren? I turned, gazing at he who ran with me. Wind whipped hair across my face, and for a moment, I was mystical, the embodiment of the forest. . .beautiful.
He saw it too.
Abruptly, the moment was drowned, torential rains uncovering my face, once again putting into plain view, my fire scars.

Parkinsonsd

Registered
Reaction score
I turned, the fear was gone. The stench, the odor, all gone. The rain left the air cleansed. The howl of wind replaced with the low thunder of the harsh rain.

But the forest, the forest became alive and the magic inside me grew.

Inky

Eat, Sleep, Write...
Registered
Reaction score
The first time wasn't painful like I'd been warned. Maybe because my peers had never experienced being set on fire. Bones stretching, popping, my nails enlongating...invigorating. The howl erupted from deep within me. All I knew was when the change took me, the fur covering puckered flesh, so too did it cover my naked soul.

akiwiguy

AW Inmate #90976
Registered
Reaction score
By this metamorphosis I was healed, the tormented depths of my spirit comforted. The beast was not what I had become, rather what I had left behind. With outstretched arms and loud howls I made my worship to the forest, and the shadows shrank to reveal new life.

Rainy Night

INFJ
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.rainynightproductions.com
*I'll give it a try*

Life, life to which to this point had been denied. The primeval animal that evolution had quashed was suddenly free. Instinct denied assaulted me, ravished me with desire to hunt, to feed.

It was not to be denied.

Woof

Outward Hound
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
I now fully embraced my true bestial nature. No longer would I restrain the violent impulses churning within my belly. I would breathe life into every savage thought and feed every monstrous desire. And when I would finally emerge from the shadows of my former repressed life, all those who have spit upon on me and laughed at me will feel the sharp edge of my avenging sword...but ah! I must not be hasty. I must set a trap and show to the world a pleasant and charming face to disarm all who may suspect...but first I must shave my palms...

Inky

Eat, Sleep, Write...
Registered
Reaction score
Fog uncoiled from Ash and Oak like a lover slinking away. The forest ground was swallowed up, my own body submerged in a sea of dense white.
And I was not alone.
I slowed, for halting would alert he who followed that I was very much aware of him; very much aware of his scent--his need. My lip quivered, canines baring for even in this realm of surrealism, one thing remained constant: whether human or animal, male dominance abounded!

Woof

Outward Hound
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
A female scent of ferocious pheremones and cologne tinged with Earl Grey tea hung heavily in the torpid air. The beast reared his head, sniffed and roared. He liked the scent. It stirred his loins and stimulated his passions. It made him feel that he was not only smelling her, but devouring her too. A shadow appeared. The scent grew stronger. The female was approaching.

Inky

Eat, Sleep, Write...
Registered
Reaction score
And there he was. The likes of which I'd never seen before; his coat of onyx, glistening in the dappled sunlight like fat bellied raindrops after a spring shower. His eyes did not rake over me, but instead penetrated my barriers to caress my soul.
My God. . .I was staring into my other half. I dropped my head, a subconcious submission. It was short-lived. My human insecurities sent painful shards of reality through my mind; my heart.
In human form, he would see me for what I was; the twisted remains.
I turned and fled.

Woof

Outward Hound
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
As if she were listening intently for predatory sounds, she cocked her head to one side, paused and stood motionless. In that instant, the beast saw in her eyes his other half completed. She was the female who was and would be his counterpart--the only other living creature who could make him whole. But just as he was about to approach and nuzzle her snout in a non-threatening way, and show her that he meant no harm, she bolted like a frightened deer and ran off into the dense forest. The beast was crestfallen. He feared he would never see her again.

dobiwon

Planning to retire for the 5th time
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
magind7.wixsite.com
(I'll give it a go)

That fear was shoved roughly from his consciousness by the roar that could only be an angry crowd. They had found his latest victim! Individually they would be no threat, no match for his cunning and strength. But a mob, banded together by hate, withinin their protective circle of torches; he felt a new fear--the fear for survival.

Where was she? Two together, they could face the enemy, and win. In the forest ahead all he could sense was darkness, and quiet, and stillness.

Inky

Eat, Sleep, Write...
Registered
Reaction score
Fire. Bobbing flame. Torches. My worst fear; worst reality. Was he not far behind me, his ego having given chase, or was he barely one step ahead of the mob? My gaze swiveled back around. Five steps and I'd enter the cave and its maze of tunnels. . .I glanced again down through the midnight forest, the orange globes gaining. Shit! I could be home, enjoying hot tea, Led Zepplin's Kashmir in the background, my new telescope guiding me towards new galaxies. But, no! I'd gone for a drive, a restlessness making me nuts, seen a shadow, and wellah!
Swan, my consciousness screamed, you're a fool. I ignored the demon voice and loped back down the mountainside, snout to the ground in search of the idiot who'd dare tug at my long dead heart.

Last edited:

Woof

Outward Hound
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Three police officers had already cordoned off the area to prevent any further onlookers from witnessing the aftermath of the grisly attack. As Inspector Murdock arrived at the murder scene, the young ashen-faced man who had made the grisly discovery only minutes earlier was still wiping the remains of vomit from his chin.

"Are you the one who found the body?" asked Inspector Murdock. His tone, though official and impassive revealed a note of concern for the young man's state of mind.

"Yes sir," said the young man, visibly trembling. "I was on my way back home after hiking with some friends when I...saw her...it. I don't know...I...those eyes...they're not...Oh God!" The young man broke down sobbing, unable to speak any further.

"That's ok, son." Inspector Murdock placed one hand on the boy's shoulder, and while he was trying to calm him, he allowed himself to take his first studied look at the corpse. It--or she appeared to have been a young woman, perhaps twenty-five or thirty. She was naked and most of her body--or what was left of it was streaked with rivulets of blood from the numerous stab wounds inflicted upon the body. Her breasts had been crudely hacked off, as had her left leg from just above the knee. Though her arms were intact and virtually uninjured, eight of her fingers had been cut off, leaving only two thumbs. And perhaps the worst, most hideous violation had been done to her eyes--for there were no eyes--they had evidently been gouged from their sockets with the same crude knife that had been used on the rest of the body. When Inspector Murdock stared into those empty blood-soaked cavities, his first thought was that perhaps it was a blessing to have not witnessed the expression of terror and agony that must have reflected themselves in those eyes before the end came. Scanning the midsection of the mutilated torso, Inspector Murdock knew from experience--even though lab tests would later confirm it, that this girl had been sadistically and violently raped before being killed. Murdock rarely allowed his emotions to get in the way of his job, but kneeling over the savagely violated body of this young woman, he could feel between his two ears, his own blood pulsing in rage. And he vowed in that moment that he would never rest until he found the monster who committed this heinous crime.

Last edited:

Inky

Eat, Sleep, Write...
Registered
Reaction score
I tamped down the whimper threatening to surface. Not even my pure wolf brethren would venture near the horror I'd seen. Like them, I'd tucked tail and run, some of the gouges caused by slapping branches penetrating my thick coat. My eyes closed, my body leaning further under the spray of hot water, the sting of those welts smarting.
I'd seen his eyes.
They weren't killing eyes.
Neither were Paul's eyes. And he'd set me on fire, or tried to. My right arm sustained sufficient burns requiring graphs. The fingers were webbed on both hands, defensive burns the detectives had labeled it, and part of my chest where my blouse had decided it had not only burned a hole in my pocket for what I paid for the silky garment, but nearly burned a hole through my body.
The doctors said my humor would get me through. Wrong. My humor was nothing more than another mask.
Self pity disgusting me, I gave myself a jolt back into reality with a violent turn of the cold water handle.
And screamed.
Yep. Works everytime. Too bad the shock therapy didn't penetrate my mind's eye and its obsessive need to hit rewind. It's two favorite episodes? A wolf that even now, my lip quivered for what could never be, and. . .and that corpse. . .

SaberMoore

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Instincts pulled him further and further away from the dangers of the mob, and sadly, further and further from where he knew she was last.

He begged and pleaded with himself to turn back to find her, to couple with her and give in to the raging passion that boiled up the moment he laid eyes on her smooth, burgundy coat and gaunt, tall body rippled with muscle.

But survival pushed him onward for miles until he crouched by the muddy banks of a trinkling stream, the light of the full moon dancing on its surface like the waltz of lovers.

His eyes caught the sight that the shimmering water held for him, and he turned his head immediately to avoid the shame that the face of a monster could only hold for the one who wore it.

But for the briefest of moments, what seemed like an hour ago, he felt the years of shame melt away the moment his eyes met hers.

Without hesistation, he rose up to his full height, rearing his head to the sky and released a howl that echoed and shattered the gentle balance of the serene evening.

Come whatever may, but he was damned if he was going to live another day in shame. He spun around and took off, full sprint on all fours, senses on edge for any trace of her. No more shame.

Last edited:

Inky

Eat, Sleep, Write...
Registered
Reaction score
He was still clothed, his pants scratching me. I bucked with rage, the demon within needing release. “Now. Please.”
His weight left me. The waiting stretched until finally I opened my eyes, seeking what took him so long.
His blue eyes were black pupils, fangs long, glistening, lethal points. And he was staring at me in a way that clearly stated I was about to be devoured.
“Wow. Talk about erotically gorgeous,” I whispered.
“There is a vein in a woman’s breast. . .”
“Then that is where you shall drink from. Take my soul, entwine us forever.”
The beast growled from deep within his chest the likes none of his kind had ever done. But instead of biting into me, his hands straddled my limbs, pulling me closer before spreading them wide. Carnal desire ruled him now.

I awoke, thrashing in damp sheets. My head felt swollen, my skin blistering. Never had I been the recipient of erotic dreams. Wow. So that's what all the hype was about.
'Cept, doubt if anyone else had a werewolf suckling from their breasts in the netherworld of dreamland.
Now I was good and pissed. The bastard wasn't just on my mind in the conscious world, but had trespassed into my. . .I burst out laughing.

Every inch of my body pinged and tingled--alive!

Last edited: