PDA

View Full Version : Celebrated occasions.

mum23
06-11-2007, 12:27 PM
I'm wondering how many people, apart from us brits, celebrate Fathers day? The reason I ask is I refer to it in my work.
If I was to be wonderfully fortunate and achieve publication, would I need to alter this occasion if it is not recognised worldwide?

seun
06-11-2007, 01:29 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Father%27s_day

It's worldwide but bear in mind the dates change depending which country you're writing about.

Glad you mentioned this. I better buy the old man a pint next Sunday. :)

alleycat
06-11-2007, 01:47 PM
It's a big thing here in the US.

It's a chance for the stores to sell more ties, belts, and shaving lotion.

mum23
06-11-2007, 01:49 PM
Thats ok then. I didn't want to mention that my characters wife chose to inform him of her affair on fathers day, if the day was insignificant in other countries.

JJ Cooper
06-11-2007, 01:59 PM
Thats ok then. I didn't want to mention that my characters wife chose to inform him of her affair on fathers day, if the day was insignificant in other countries.

That's nasty. I think we celebrate it in September here in Aus.

JJ

aadams73
06-11-2007, 02:04 PM
As usual, google is your friend. You can find dates, countries and origin right here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Father's_day).

alleycat
06-11-2007, 02:18 PM
If it would work, you could have her do it on his birthday. "Happy birthday, dear. Here, I got you a new watch. Oh, and by the way, I've been sleeping with the pool boy." ;-)

mum23
06-11-2007, 02:34 PM
If it would work, you could have her do it on his birthday. "Happy birthday, dear. Here, I got you a new watch. Oh, and by the way, I've been sleeping with the pool boy." ;-)

I did think of that (and the pool boy is a work collegue) but I am trying to keep the events as true as they happened. She took him out for a meal with her parents to celebrate, then when they got home, she cleared her conscience.

Of course, he has that to think of every year now. Some women are so nice!