Ohio AWers (& anyone close)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puma

Retired and loving it!
Registered
Reaction score
Hi AWers from Ohio and any states bordering Ohio. Is there any interest in organizing a get together in a central location -- which would sound like somewhere near Columbus? I'm thinking just a get together to say hello and share experiences, maybe late in the summer (not August 18), probably a Saturday afternoon, twoish so there's drive time on both sides, at someplace like a Bob Evans or Cracker Barrel. Let me know what you think (and if you're interested, what days won't work for you). Puma

Little Red Barn

haz own threads
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Cinci would be close for me!

Shwebb

She's the creepy-looking dude
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'd do it--I'm in SE Ohio. Columbus or Cleveland would work best for me. (Not holding out much hope for Marietta!)

Braydie

Registered
Reaction score
A MapQuest search on Google shows that from my home in Wetzel County, West Virginia to those cities previously mentioned:

Cincinnati, Ohio = 4 Hrs. 52 Mins. 282.67 Miles

Cleveland, Ohio = 3 Hrs. 59 Mins. 212.83 Miles

Columbus, Ohio = 3 Hrs. 17 Mins. 183.86 Miles

Marietta, Ohio = 1 Hr. 36 Mins. 73.32 Miles

No location looks to be out of the question, so, I'll keep an eye out for what's going on here. :)

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
Columbus is an anathema for those of us in Ann Arbor, Michigan. Perhaps you could find neutral territory like...Ann Arbor, Michigan. :)

PattiTheWicked

Unleashing Hell.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pattiwigington.com
Hah! You people from the State up North -- so demanding. Next thing you know, you'll be wanting a college football team.

:::smooch:::

Puma

Retired and loving it!
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Cath (and everyone else) - I was waiting for PattitheWicked to chime in. She and I are now working on a date and location in the Columbus area (Patti's SE of Columbus, I'm NE). We're trying to do it before school starts again but have already ruled out the first three Saturdays in August because of book signings.

If we manage to find a date that works for both of us, our thoughts are to meet about 1pm at a restaurant (Patti added Panera to my thoughts), invite everyone from Ohio and bordering states, and ask anyone who has a published book to bring it along (sort of positive experience thread starters :))

So, as soon as we have something definite, we'll let all of you know. Looking forward to meeting fellow AWers. Puma

Puma

Retired and loving it!
Registered
Reaction score
July 28th, Ohio (& others) Get Together

PattitheWicked and I picked Saturday, July 28, for the first ever, Ohio and surrounding states, AW get together. It will be in the Columbus area at 1:00pm (to allow travel time). Patti is going to post the specifics of where and how to get there.

Please RSVP in this thread if you're going to be able to join us. And, if you're coming and have a published book, bring it along to show everyone. I'm thinking we might also have at least one doorprize (do I hear chocolate?)

Looking forward to meeting all you AW members from the "Heart of It All" (the eastern midwest). Puma

Braydie

Registered
Reaction score
We have some definite and tentative summer travel plans, and some tentative "guests are coming" plans, so what's our latest RSVP date, please? :)

Puma

Retired and loving it!
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Braydie, et al - Patti TW has to reserve the room (at Panera) with a guarantee we'll spend at least $25.00. She's waiting until this weekend to see what kind of responses we get. Other than that, we have no constraints. Earlier, definite RSVPs will guarantee it will be at Panera (there are alternatives at the same freeway exit we wouldn't have to reserve), and we will be happy to see anyone who isn't sure they can come until closer to the date. Puma

Braydie

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you, Puma, for the information. If this weekend is designated as the cut-off for RSVPs to reserve Panera's, I can't confirm by that time. But, if things work out, I might be one of those "you'll be happy to see" even though she can't be sure until closer to July 28th. :)

PattiTheWicked

Unleashing Hell.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pattiwigington.com
If I know that at least five people are going to make it (Puma and I being two of them), I'll book the room at Panera when I go in there Monday.

underthecity

Finestkind
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.allensedge.com
If anyone's interested in venturing south to Cincinnati, I'd love to meet you. My schedule's kind of tight for a day trip to Columbus, unfortunately (if anyone wants to meet me, that is. I'm not so bad . . .)

I've met Maestrowork. Where is he, anyway?

allen

Little Red Barn

haz own threads
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
If anyone's interested in venturing south to Cincinnati, I'd love to meet you. My schedule's kind of tight for a day trip to Columbus, unfortunately (if anyone wants to meet me, that is. I'm not so bad . . .)

I've met Maestrowork. Where is he, anyway?

allen
Im in on Cinci :)

Shwebb

She's the creepy-looking dude
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'll have to check with my hubby, as well. I think that's one of his 12-hour weekend days; he works them every other weekend. And I'm not going to bring all three kiddos.

There is a small chance I could swindle--er, I mean convince--some folks to babysit, though.

Where is Panera? Is it at Easton Mall? (I lurve Easton Mall.)

Status
Not open for further replies.