e-mail dilemma

LBW66

Registered
Reaction score
I finally got DSL and a new e-mail account. I have 7 outstanding queries, some email and some snail mail. The old account is due to shut down in July. I intend to re-email the agents I've e-queried with the updated address, but I am not sure how to handle those I've contacted snail mail. I'm afraid if I email it will be confusing. So far I've had 2 requests for fulls, so I am optimistic that at least one of the 7 may request to see more. If an agent makes a request via e-mail and either doesn't get a response from a writer or gets an undeliverable address will they pass altogether or find another way to make contact? Ugh! Bad timing I know, but the dial-up dinosaur was becoming impossible.
-Laura

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
Who is the dialup monster? Some ISP's offer a "light" account that's pretty cheap so you get to keep your old email address for as long as you pay, or at least they did this years ago. You can set up your email program to also read the old account's emails (if you haven't already), so you don't ever have to actually use dialup. Such an account might cost in the range of $3 to $10 per month. It can't hurt to call your old company and ask.

ORION

Sailed away years ago
Registered
Reaction score
Website
patriciawoodauthor.com
If it were me I would keep it, and have all the email forwarded to my new email -- that's what I did -- I closed the old account when it became nothing but spam.

LBW66

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, I checked with earthlink and I can keep my old email for $3.95 so I'll keep it for a year or until all the responses are in - whichever comes first. So if my book sells and my advance is over $47.40 it will have been worth it :).

kristie911

Happy to be here
Registered
Reaction score
Satellite Internet is available just about everywhere to just about anyone who has, ahem, money to burn...

We have satellite internet at work...what a complete waste of money. Oh, it's cloudy/raining/snowing/foggy/anything but completely clear and it doesn't work...and even on a good day it's barely faster than my accelerated dial-up. I don't have any desire to burn money on that ridiculous excuse for internet.