dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
Rubbing your eye with the same fingers that just shoveled a handful of Spicy Habernero Doritos into my piehole.

I think my eye has clean exploded. There may be nothing left but mucus and pain.

Wow that hurts.

Putting this on the list with:

Don't touch the hot part of the car cigarette lighter to see how hot it is
and
Don't squat down in poison oak to answer nature's call when in nature.

zahra

Was Zahra; lost profile - REBORN!
Registered
Reaction score
Kneeling on a biro is surprisingly shrieksome.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
If, while you are slicing lemons, you inadvertantly slice a section out of your index finger, you shouldn't continue to slice.

Sassee

Momma Wolf
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sasseebioche.blogspot.com
Rubbing your eye with the same fingers that just shoveled a handful of Spicy Habernero Doritos into my piehole.

One of my friends did this with an ACTUAL habenero. Except that he ate the pepper (he eats them whole, the freak) and it was DAYS later that he rubbed his eye and it burned so badly he had to wash out his eye and go to the doctor.

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
If, while you are slicing lemons, you inadvertantly slice a section out of your index finger, you shouldn't continue to slice.

That is an excellent one.

It reminds me of my cure for cold sores, too.

Pack down the cold sore with table salt. When that side of your face has gone numb with pain, rinse the salt with fresh-squeezed lemon juice.

It is a fact that every cold sore I've ever had that I've treated this way (and there's been several, actually) has gone away in 24 hours as a result. Something (I think) about the body saying "GET THE HELL OUT OF MY MOUTH! CAN'T YOU SEE THE MOTHERF*CKER'S CRAZY! HE'LL KILL US ALL!!!!"

Jersey Chick

Up all night to get Loki
Registered
Reaction score
in the state of carefully controlled chaos
Website
www.kimberlynee.com
If the wine doesn't smell quite right, you probably shouldn't try drinking it. This happened to my husband, who is the official you in "I can't tell if this is bad, you try it". The wine was bad. He almost yakked.

He is no longer the taste tester.

Also, if you find something in the back of the fridge that's been there so long you don't remember what it is - don't open the container, just throw the whole thing out. Unless, of course, you want your house to stink for days.

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm ashamed to admit I did a little nobody's-looking interior excavation of my nose--with the hand that had applied the Capzacin creme to my back. (Chemical heat.) Apparently I hadn't gotten it all out from beneath the nail.

Yeow! And so freakin' stupid, too.

Danger Jane

Registered
Reaction score
(I know a guy who wiped with poison ivy once)

Never again shall I ride to school on a dog sled pulled by rabid giraffes.

Pomegranate

Registered
Reaction score
I should probably let go of the leash when the dog (that outweighs me by several pounds) I'm walking decides to take off running.

(When I was six I was dragged along the sidewalk for about three houses by our giant labrador. I hung on to the leash because I was afraid I'd never catch him again.)

PattiTheWicked

Unleashing Hell.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pattiwigington.com
My teenage daughter borrowed my stick of Icy Hot, which looks like deoderant stick. Works great on sore muscles.

At 530 the next morning, in the dark, she discovered how it feels on the ol' armpits.

thethinker42

Abnormal Romance Author
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gallagherwitt.com
Probably shouldn't visit in-laws again. Ever.

Should never again take a drink when someone is building up to a punchline.

Make sure Dad ISN'T in the room next time I say I'm going to tattoo "southbound traffic only" above my ass. That certainly was an awkward wedding rehearsal dinner after that...

Never EVER eat airline food again.

Never again give a cat pills, eye drops, or flea drops while wearing shorts, no matter how tightly said cat is wrapped in a towel.

I know one that Nichola should post: Never, ever give Lori any information about myself that could be used for blackmail purposes. EVER.

thethinker42

Abnormal Romance Author
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gallagherwitt.com
Oh, and since the "burning body parts with food" theme is going strong, here's one I'm posting on behalf of a sophomore in my 2nd year Spanish class several years ago:

1. I should not put an entire fresh Jalapeno in my mouth just because one of the girls did it without even breaking a sweat.

2. If I ignore #1, I should not take the advice of the senior next to me and drink milk, as it only makes it worse.

3. Likewise, I should also ignore the other student's advice to suck on a lemon even though he has me convinced that the acid in the lemon will counteract the "burning alkaline-ness" of the jalapeno.

4. In case I was retarded enough to fall for #3, I SHOULD take high school chemistry one more time.

5. No matter how hard 1-4 make me cry, DO NOT RUB MY EYES WITH MY FINGERS.

III

rockin the suburbs
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jayyoungweb.com
Pack down the cold sore with table salt. When that side of your face has gone numb with pain, rinse the salt with fresh-squeezed lemon juice.

You are freaking crazy, man. Did you used to work for the VC? Next time try an Altoid and just keep it on your cold sore - it gets rid of 'em fast and doesn't hurt nearly as bad.

And in the spirit of the thread, if you need to sneeze while on the can, make sure you do it into a fresh square of t.p.

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
Make sure Dad ISN'T in the room next time I say I'm going to tattoo "southbound traffic only" above my ass. That certainly was an awkward wedding rehearsal dinner after that...

My back-tatt reads "No Entry: Severe Tire Damage"

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
Maybe you could have both done in such a way that from a different angle you see one or the other...

ChunkyC

It's hard being green
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
After downing most of a 26er of Southern Comfort, it is not advisable to use the palm of your left hand to see if the hot-plate is indeed hot.

Even if he's never done something similar, I'm sure III can attest to how un-fun it would be to spend the next evening sliding a seared palm up and down the back of a neck of a guitar.

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Here add these to your list as well.

Always check for tp before you go to the bathroom.

Never put your finger in a baby's mouth who's teething and already has some teeth. *ouch*

Don't kiss a bird at the pet shop unless you really know them.

Don't spit gum out of your mouth on a windy day unless it's with the wind.

Don't wear shorts in the hot tub and sit right in front of a jet. No one really believes it was the jet that caused the extra bubbles.

Status
Not open for further replies.