I'm so excited....another request!

joyce

I'm really shy...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thoughtsfromthecave.blogspot.com
I was actually feeling blah today, wondering why I was still trying to write anything and get it published. You know, the ole I'll feel sorry for myself routine. Then I went to the mail and there was another letter addrssed to myself from the Greyhaus Agency and I figured it was another rejection. I was so excited to see they wanted me to send a partial to them. It was the boost I needed at this moment. It might end in another rejection, but at least somebody out there wants to read more of my stuff. I'm filled with hope that maybe one year, centuries from now, I may just accomplish my dream.

Pat~

Luftmensch Emeritus, A.D.D.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations! I hope they want to see a full!

Legionsynch

Registered
Reaction score
Excellent! Good luck to you.

Maybe the trick is to get discouraged right around the time they're sending the reply to the partial? Then they'll ask for the full, and you'll be in heaven. :)

gerrydodge

Registered
Reaction score
I'm happy for you; it is such a lift when someone is interested, or someone who has the ability to get you published! Congratualtions!

Gerry

joyce

I'm really shy...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thoughtsfromthecave.blogspot.com
Thanks everyone. I think the trick for me is....get depressed, they want a partial......get on anti-depressents, they want a full......brought to the point of suicide, perhaps they want to publish it.

CaroGirl

Living the dream
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats joyce! I hope it translates into a full and then an offer of representation. Good luck!

ap123

Twitching
Registered
Reaction score
This is wonderful Joyce! :hooray:

Wishing you the best of luck. It's funny how those SASEs can bring requests just often enough to make us willing to open them. :D

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
I was actually feeling blah today, wondering why I was still trying to write anything and get it published. You know, the ole I'll feel sorry for myself routine. Then I went to the mail and there was another letter addrssed to myself from the Greyhaus Agency and I figured it was another rejection. I was so excited to see they wanted me to send a partial to them. It was the boost I needed at this moment. It might end in another rejection, but at least somebody out there wants to read more of my stuff. I'm filled with hope that maybe one year, centuries from now, I may just accomplish my dream.
I don't doubt it for a minute. If you want it bad enough then it's just up to you. Write, learn and continue to grow as an artist, so that you will find the success and happiness when someone reads your stories. Best of luck!