Best Message Left at Wrong Number EVER!

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I have a cell phone, but now that both our kids are in town, I don't use it much. The other night I turned it off at the theatre ("Urinetown" was terrific, BTW) and didn't remember to turn it back on for a couple days.

When I did, I had the best messages waiting for me.

1. "Hi, it's me. Call back."

2. "Me again. Call me."

3. "You better not be avoiding me, motherf---er."

4. "Sorry. Call me when you get this."

5. "It's me. That thing we had, it was... special. I got carried away in the moment. You know that. You did too." (long pause) "I'm pregnant. I'll be looking for child support. Call me."

Wow, huh? I googled the number, but it didn't produce any hits. This was all days ago, so I assume since she stopped calling the wrong number, she must have gotten hold of the reluctant father-to-be.

Maryn, in a sharing mood

Stew21

Registered
Reaction score
Wow!

I'm sort of lost for words on this one.

Trish, has left a lot of messages but never had to leave THAT message!

CaroGirl

Living the dream
Registered
Reaction score
That's pretty funny. I wonder what she thought when she realized she left the messages at the wrong number. :Shrug:

PattiTheWicked

Unleashing Hell.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pattiwigington.com
See, I'm just twisted enough that I'd have called her back, said, "Listen, beyotch, you want support from my man you best show up with a motherf*&&^%&n DNA test to prove he your babydaddy."

Del

Sky isn't falling, ground is rising
Registered
Reaction score
In a hole in the dark in a cold cold place
There was some girl in Jersey texting love messages to my number. She was really smitten with someone. :D The thing is, she never used any names so my wife thought they were intended for me. Good thing we don't share a phone anymore.

Dawno

Shiny!
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
someplace around here, anyone seen my keys?
That's much better than the Spanish telemarketer recordings I keep getting. At least I think it is, I don't speak Spanish, so I could be missing out on all kinds of hilarity.

oarsman

Salt water is the cure
Registered
Reaction score
I had a message from a woman once that said, "Ingrid, some strange man's voice is on your answering machine. Can you give me a call? This is....".

My name is not Ingrid and that was my voice on the answering machine. Wrong number. Did she think some man hacked into Ingrid's answering machine to leave a pleasant greeting?

Pomegranate

Registered
Reaction score
That's hilarious. I wonder if he gave her the wrong number on purpose.

A few years ago I got a series of weird wrong number calls at my work number over the course of a couple of weeks. They were all from some confused elderly southern woman named Buppie. She would call after work hours and never left a return number, just repeated messages accusing me of not loving my Buppie anymore and why don't I call her back? (No return number...duh). There was often a tidbit of gossip about someone, like who loved her enough to call her.

I asked everyone in the office if they had a Buppie, but no one claimed her. I changed my message to include "if this is Buppie, you're calling a wrong number. If you want me to call you back, please leave a return number." She still left messages. (Apparently she didn't listen to the outgoing message.)

Finally, she left a message saying that she'd spun out in a storm, rammed her car into the levee, she was in the hospital, but she was fine, and to please call (with no return number). That was the last Buppie call I had. To this day I wonder what happened to her.

Writing Jedi

Registered
Reaction score
I had a lady from some bank call and leave a message - a very detailed message with lots of financial info - for someone else. You'd really think banks would be more careful about things like this.

To this day, I wonder if Glen ****** ever got his bankruptcy paperwork in order. LOL.

maddythemad

Registered
Reaction score
Do you think it might have been a prank call?

There's a number that's very similar to mine, and my friends sometimes call it by mistake (only one number different, and I suppose they're in a hurry to reach me :tongue), and when they ask for "Madeleine," this random guy always gets on and insists that's his name. Apparently he's very adamant about it. I need to give him a ring and warn him I'm going to sue for identity theft. ;)

CaroGirl

Living the dream
Registered
Reaction score
My phone number is one digit off the number of a local church. I've been thinking about just going ahead and teaching that marriage course. Why continue to disappoint all those callers?

akiwiguy

AW Inmate #90976
Registered
Reaction score
LOL. That's weird.

Not so much wrong number, but recently I went into some txts before realising they were the result of my daughter using my phone the night before. There was a big stream of them talking about naked lap dancing (the tone I think was just horsing around). So I flicked one back.. "Naked lap dancing huh? So this is what my daughter does on my phone?" Quite a long time later a reply comes back "Kay here, I think I'd better talk to my son about using my phone too." Then a while later "We could get some real mileage out of this one" I never did figure whether it was the "son" answering or not.

And for some reason if my daughter has been using MSN on my machine it begins starting up randomly during the day and I get all sorts of chat windows popping up. Recently I got "Hey there Vodka Rebel. What's up this weekend?" I replied, "Sorry you've got the father Bourbon Rebel. So what is up this weekend?" A bit of a pause, "Whoops!"

I actually have some quite cool chats at times, catch up on all the goss so to say.

zahra

Was Zahra; lost profile - REBORN!
Registered
Reaction score
See, I'm just twisted enough that I'd have called her back, said, "Listen, beyotch, you want support from my man you best show up with a motherf*&&^%&n DNA test to prove he your babydaddy."

Giggles! I think it would be rude NOT to do this.

You'd think she'd get the number of her babydaddy correct.

BardSkye

Barbershoppin' Harmony Whore
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
All I get is 7am calls asking if the caller can bring their car in for service.

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
A couple of years ago I got a series of text messages which insisted I was the ShaggaQueen and that I had to get my Big Bad Asss (I quote) over to Keith's house. I could not get an image of someone called Keith in my mind which suited anyone with a Big Bad Asss, and so I just deleted them all in the end and sometimes wonder if he's still waiting for his ShaggaQueen.

thethinker42

Abnormal Romance Author
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gallagherwitt.com
I kept getting people calling and asking for "Yolanda". They'd get all pissed off when I told them they had a wrong number. They were calling at ALL hours of the day and night, and finally I got mad and told one that Yolanda was dead.

It was mostly guys, and the way they sounded when they found out it was a wrong number, I highly suspect "Yolanda" was of the inclination to give a guy "her number" at a club, but actually give him a wrong number...that happened to be MY number.

Reaction score
Isn't it funny when you tell someone they have the wrong number and they say, "Are you sure?"

Happened to me once and I said, "I know who lives in my f***ing house, dipshit!" and hung up.

akiwiguy

AW Inmate #90976
Registered
Reaction score
Another weird one, and it's happened to me at least once... the whoever says, "Hey that David?"... "Yeah..."... and I for some reason jump to the conclusion that it is a certain person I know and we begin quite a conversation. Then after a few minutes as it makes less and less sense...

Little Red Barn

haz own threads
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
last 4 digits of my phone is 2020...I just make their appointments for the eye clinic now...15 years you'd think they'd get it by now!

ChunkyC

It's hard being green
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
People keep calling my cell phone and saying, "Can I get a taxi to blah-blah-blah?" I would pick them up, but I have no idea what to charge. :D

At the day job, starting a few years ago, we started getting phone calls for some insurance company in Minnesota. Thing is, we're an office supply store in Banff, Alberta, Canada. Turns out some sign company had put a billboard on the interstate for this insurance company -- with our 800 number on it. We found out the right number and called the company, but the phone calls kept coming. I guess they didn't want to pay to have the billboard fixed. We should have sent them a bill for all the wrong number phone calls from Minnesota we had to pay for.