Never mind if your book flps - it can always come back - as a HANDBAG!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

aruna

On a wing and a prayer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sharonmaas.co.uk
... or purse, as you say in America.

Here's the new German edition of my first book:
handbagbook.jpg

At first, I thought the image was just squashed flat. But no! That's the way it is SUPPOSED to be! Notice the little oblong brass clasp at the top! It's a HANDBAG! You can carry it as a clutch purse; but the inside flaps have holes in them for your fingers, and fold out so that you can grip the book as you would a handbag, and carry it with you on your next date! Just how cool is that!

And guess what! The same people are developig a technique to turn flopped books into shoes, earrings, hats, and all kinds of accessories!

Last edited:

Puma

Retired and loving it!
Registered
Reaction score
I'm blown away, Aruna. That is really different. Puma

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
I suppose my unsold short stories could be made into coin purses. :Shrug:

Sassee

Momma Wolf
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sasseebioche.blogspot.com
A little hijacking here..

I think there is a difference between a handbag and a purse, but I can't remember what it is.

I know just from going through the purse aisle in the store that some have straps and some don't. It's my impression that the strapless bags are called handbags and the ones with straps are called purses.

Although I just tried to google it and apparently there might also be a size difference between a purse and a handbag.

Too complicated for me... I just get one that's big enough to hold all my stuff and use it, regardless of what it's called.

Anyway, back to your regularly scheduled programming!

Sassee

Momma Wolf
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sasseebioche.blogspot.com
See! There you go. English is "fun" like that in the first place, and then you add different cultures and BOOM! confusion abounds...

rosebud1981

росебуд1
Registered
Reaction score
Funny - because I would have used them the other way around! In the UK, a purse is always the little thing you keep your money in - a wallet for women.

Yeah, in British and Irish English a purse is a woman's wallet, while a handbag would hang from the shoulder.
But as a guy what do I know about these things? ;)

janetbellinger

Registered
Reaction score
Cool. May as well get some return for all that hard work

... or purse, as you say in America.

Here's the new German edition of my first book:
handbagbook.jpg

At first, I thought the image was just squashed flat. But no! That's the way it is SUPPOSED to be! Notice the little oblong brass clasp at the top! It's a HANDBAG! You can carry it as a clutch purse; but the inside flaps have holes in them for your fingers, and fold out so that you can grip the book as you would a handbag, and carry it with you on your next date! Just how cool is that!

And guess what! The same people are developig a technique to turn flopped books into shoes, earrings, hats, and all kinds of accessories!

Namatu

Lost in mental space.
Registered
Reaction score
Especially for those of us who like to carry books in our handbags!

Pagey's_Girl

Still plays with dolls
Registered
Reaction score
That's pretty cool. heck, I carry so many books in my handbag that it makes sense.

A little OT, but I have on occasion seen someone on eBay who makes handbags out of album covers. Not sure if she's transferring the graphics to cloth and then doing it or actually using the album cover.

Status
Not open for further replies.