URGENT!--Swimwear

Status
Not open for further replies.

RitrChick

Rejoining the Butt in Chair Club
Registered
Reaction score
Can anyone help me with an urgent deadline? :D

I'm doing a story on swimwear for your body shape for my local paper's fashion section and decided last minute (um, VERY last minute--the story's due tomorrow!) that it might be a fun twist to see what other people outside of my community are choosing for swimwear this season.

So...I need to know:
Do you have any trouble spots you'd like to hide (full tummy, wide hips, cushy tushy)?
Do you have any assets you'd like to flaunt (cleavage, legs, toned tummy)?
What are you choosing for colors/patterns?
Have you found what you're looking for this season?
What would your dream suit look like?
Are you choosing a suit fit for an active lifestyle or more for fashion reasons?
Will you be wearing a one- or two-piece suit this summer?

PLEASE, either PM me or post a reply to this thread. Since I'd like your name, age and location, you might choose to PM me, but it's up to you.

Thanks so much in advance! :Sun:
RitrChick

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
I am a pretty standard size and shape 12-14 5'6" ish. I love these lycra singlet top and bikini bottom combos. The cover and hold without looking grandma-ish.

PenTeller

Registered
Reaction score
I would like a one-piece for modesty's sake, but I have a long torso, so nothing fits unless I want a neckline down to my belly button.

So I settle on a tankini. Not so bad, but a little low cut.

Monkey

Is me.
Registered
Reaction score
I am recovering from having a baby, so my abs aren't as toned as I'd like. Also, because I'm nursing, my breasts reguarly change size...

I went with a solid brown one piece with a brazil cut back and a figure flattering (but not padded) chest. It has a little cut out between the breasts. This covers my less-toned tummy, flatters my chest regardless of my current size, and shows off my bottom, which is really my only strong point right now!

I have a very small build, 5'1 and around 100 pounds. I found my swimsuit on sale at Target.

Scrawler

Bored fanatic
Registered
Reaction score
Do you have any trouble spots you'd like to hide (full tummy, wide hips, cushy tushy)? I'd like to hide all of them
Do you have any assets you'd like to flaunt (cleavage, legs, toned tummy)? No, I'm not a flaunter.
What are you choosing for colors/patterns? Whatever my husband says looks pretty. He has better taste.
Have you found what you're looking for this season? I look for sales, so yes.
What would your dream suit look like? A leotard.
Are you choosing a suit fit for an active lifestyle or more for fashion reasons? Fit.
Will you be wearing a one- or two-piece suit this summer? I found a pretty colal-clored tank/with bottoms on sale at TJMaxx for $5.00 I don't swim often, so $5.00 is great. It's actually a pretty cool suit.

Swim dresses are great (modest) for family gatherings around the pool when there's grandparents, small children, in-laws and distant relatives you don't want to expose yourself to

Last edited:

RitrChick

Rejoining the Butt in Chair Club
Registered
Reaction score
A big THANKS to all of you for your responses and PMs. I knew I could count on my AW friends! :D

The article has been written and turned in (can you say Up 'Til 2am? :sleepy:) so I'm all set now.

Thanks again and have a great summer in that rockin' swimwear of yours! :Sun:

RitrChick

Status
Not open for further replies.