What madness is this?

MelodyO

Waiting for love on the web
Registered
Reaction score
I don't know who I am anymore!!

After a lifetime of being so utterly sure of something, so eager to turn others to my way of thinking - today I think I might have to admit...

Maybe the toilet paper roll really should go to the back. To think I used to turn it around to the front when I used to visit people. Heh.

Last edited:

Siddow

I'm super! Thanks for asking
Registered
Reaction score
NO!

Not in my house, dammit.

Danger Jane

Registered
Reaction score
I don't switch people's toilet paper, yo. That is an invasion of the inner sanctum, man.

Rolling Thunder

Registered
Reaction score
I steal the roll. Hopefully, it's the last one in the house and nobody notices. Until it's too late. :D

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
After a lifetime of being so utterly sure of something, so eager to turn others to my way of thinking - today I think I might have to admit...

Maybe the toilet paper roll really should go to the back. To think I used to turn it around to the front when I used to visit people. Heh.

"used to visit people." That's quite telling, Melody. :D

san_remo_ave

Back at it
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.elainegolden.com
Surely you jest!?!

That's like saying it's ok for public restrooms to have tp dispensers mounted at ankle height so you can't see the tail of the roll to grab but you have to feel for it. Which sux big time when it's a brand new role and the tail is still glued down and you're hunched over, futilely spinning and feeling, spinning and feeling for the end...

er...

or maybe that's just me?

kristie911

Happy to be here
Registered
Reaction score
The roll must go to the back. I have no explanation for it except that it must. I'm positive if the paper comes over the top it disrupts the space time continuum and all sorts of evil spirts and beings will invade my house through the tear in our dimension.

And yes, I admit I've also changed the direction of the TP in other people's houses before. Hey, I'm only trying to save their lives. :D

DamaNegra

Mexican on the loose!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fictionpress.com
Em... I never change the toilet roll :D I leave it on top of the sink until mom gets fed up and puts it. I've never noticed which side she makes it face, though.

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
I'm completely intrigued as to why it could possibly make a difference which way the roll is facing. Please explain.
If it rolls over the front, it is coming across the front of the roll, the part nearest to me, where I don't have to reach as far to grab and pull on it as I would if it were rolling out of the back. Having things as accessible as possible is very important to me. I don't want to be in a position where I'm unable to reach the paper.
The roll must go to the back. I have no explanation for it except that it must. I'm positive if the paper comes over the top it disrupts the space time continuum and all sorts of evil spirts and beings will invade my house through the tear in our dimension.
Your dimension cried a tear? Poor dimension. Tell it everything will be allright, and dry its tear with a tissue taken from the front of the roll.

expatbrat

Look what we made:
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.expatbrat.com
In Asia the toilet roll is OUTSIDE the loos.

You have to remember to get some BEFORE you go into the toilet. That is, of course, if they have toilet paper at all. I carry a small little packet for those many times the paper is not provided.

kristie911

Happy to be here
Registered
Reaction score
I don't want to be in a position where I'm unable to reach the paper.

Just how frickin' far away is your toilet paper holder from the toilet?! You might want to think about moving it if that 2 inches means the difference of reaching and not reaching. Seems damned inconvenient to me. :)

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The only reason why I have the paper going over the back is there's less chance of the cat spooling it off the roll. Otherwise, it'd go on however it would be put on. So. Throw your tomahtoes, your carrots, your celery, your peas, maybe corn, possibly a few potatoes, oh, and I could definitely use some lettuce, but before the cat, I'd just put the paper on the spindle whatever way it was facing me at the time. Yes, I can assure you I do hear the chairs of those moving away from me and I can also assure you I did take a shower last night and any pooting has been done outside of this forum, then kew. I'm sorry. What was the question?

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
I don't know what the question was, but I have this sudden urge to wash my hands.

MidnightMuse

Midnight Reading
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The paper has to roll out from the back, otherwise you'll come home to 2 very happy cats smiling at you from a pile of shredded paper - it'll be your last roll, and you'll have entered the house doing the "I'm barely going to make it in time" dance.

That's why.

The_Grand_Duchess

I record everything.
Registered
Reaction score
Bangkok, the Underground and the Holy ground.
In Asia the toilet roll is OUTSIDE the loos.

You have to remember to get some BEFORE you go into the toilet. That is, of course, if they have toilet paper at all. I carry a small little packet for those many times the paper is not provided.

This is so true! How about the toliet paper lady? If you frequent a place that has a toliet paper lady, always tip her generously! Becuase you never know when you'll need to pee and you won't have small change on you. If you're always good about it she'll let you slide and give you extra.

When I first got back here, to the states from BKK no one understood why I walked around with toliet paper. And also used a spoon to eat rice. And a bunch of other stuff that didn't make sense to thier American sensiblities.

threedogpeople

This is my BEST side!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
threedogpeople.blogspot.com
In my world, the paper has to hang over the front.

Having it hang the other way is unsanitary. Since people have God knows what on their hands when they reach for the paper, if the paper is hanging next to the wall the wall it will eventually become foul (unless you are a total clean-freak that even cleans the wall behind the paper when you clean the bathroom). Plus, because the wall behind the paper has been soiled, the paper touching the wall becomes unsanitary. Don't know about you but I don't want someone's potty germs on my hoo-hoo.

I'll get off my soapbox now......:Soapbox:

PS - No cats at my house.

MidnightMuse

Midnight Reading
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
if the paper is hanging next to the wall the wall it will eventually become foul . . . Plus, because the wall behind the paper has been soiled, the paper touching the wall becomes unsanitary.

Good lord ! I'm reaching for the clorox wipes just reading this!

MidnightMuse - who's bathroom etiquette is pristine.

Shwebb

She's the creepy-looking dude
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
And the toilet paper looks so nice when the end is in the front. You can pretend you're in one of those fancy hotels, too, if after you're done, you take the end square and fold part of it back so the front makes a nice triangle in the front.

And no, I don't have too much time on my hands. Why do you ask? And why hasn't the maid changed the sheets on our bed since last fall?

mscelina

Teh doommobile, drivin' rite by you
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Going shopping with Soccer Mom and Bubastes for fu
fancy hotels? maids?

you are soooooooooo speaking a foreign language to me.

I have to admit that I've never paid attention to which way the toilet roll faces. As the only person who replaces the tp roll when it's empty, I consider it a victory to have tp at all.