Can I take back a rep point?

Status
Not open for further replies.

skelly

Kickin it old school, posers beware
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Just curious. Say I give somebody a rep point, then later--after much consideration--decide that I wish I hadn't given that point (good or bad, doesn't matter). Is it possible to take bac a rep point?

Ol' Fashioned Girl

Hand? What hand?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenniferdahl.com
I gave a positive one recently, then - upon reading something particularly geared toward causing hatred and discontent - I gave a negative one (the only one I've ever given) to the same person and my note said, "I take it back."

Vice versa, I guess you could give a negative, then go back in with a positive to offset it.

skelly

Kickin it old school, posers beware
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
I honestly don't think that I have ever given a neg rep point. I have reported one post, once, but that's about it. I only ask because I had a rep point disappear from my rep-point page (or whatever it is called) about 30 minutes after it was given. I don't know if it was positive or negative... but the accompanying text was in agreement with me on an issue. Just curious as to why it would disappear. Maybe the person changed their mind? Can we subtract rep points, as well as add? Just curious.

Thanks for the input OFG.....hey! It's June! We made it!

:)

davids

Banned
Reaction score
Why would anyone ever want to do that? As Dr. Phil says (okay, I like Dr. Phil): "What's the payoff?" Whoever it was must have been a very unhappy person.

or a blogger bugger patootyeater

Shwebb

She's the creepy-looking dude
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I wonder if a thread is deleted in which you got your rp on a post, if that makes your rp disappear?

The only person I've ever given a negative rp to is Rich, who loves 'em. That sadistic so-and-so! I can't bring myself to give him any more, either. Sorry, man. I just . . . can't.

But I'll spank Rich, if he spots me a twenty. ;)

Del

Sky isn't falling, ground is rising
Registered
Reaction score
In a hole in the dark in a cold cold place
Along the same lines...only upside down.

If you have rep point that you really don't want to look at...say, the giver just gives you the heebeegeebees or said something offensive...can you delete it?

Deleted member 42

The point and the comment remain, even if the message disappears.

If you really really have a problem with a rep comment someone left you, and it bothers you to see it, you can try PMing MacAllister or ChunkyC as Admins; they might could help you.

If you're getting malicious rep comments, you should let a Mod know; that's not kosher.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
Just curious. Say I give somebody a rep point, then later--after much consideration--decide that I wish I hadn't given that point (good or bad, doesn't matter). Is it possible to take bac a rep point?

Sorry Lisa, but I believe he meant to retrieve a rep point given to someone.

i just slightly corrected a mod and now the world has collapsed around me

If you really really have a problem with a rep comment someone left you, and it bothers you to see it, you can try PMing MacAllister or ChunkyC as Admins; they might could help you.

If you're getting malicious rep comments, you should let a Mod know; that's not kosher.

I had someone give me twenty neg rep points at one time. But we agreed that she was a loon, so I let her off the hook.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
Dude, I wasn't responding to the OP, or I Would Have Quoted the Post.

I'm smarter n'what I look.
Dude? Oh my, isn't that a bit dated? Please call me sir, jon, or spookywriter but never dude. I don't do dude horse ranches. Thanks for understanding.

P.S. If you weren't responding to the original poster then who was the messaged intended for, as a matter of interest.

Last edited:

Deleted member 42

Dude? Oh my, isn't that a bit dated? Please call me sir, jon, or spookywriter but never dude. I don't do dude horse ranches. Thanks for understanding.

P.S. If you weren't responding to the original poster then who was the messaged intended for, as a matter of interest.

Shweta , who asked about deleted posts with Rep comments associated, and Delarege, who asked about dealing with Rep comments you just don't want to see.

Last edited by a moderator:

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
Shweta , who asked about deleted posts with Rep comments associated, and Delarge, who asked about dealing with Rep comments you just don't want to see.
Sorry, that's not necessarily true. I read a blind response and accepted it as a reply to the original poster. I didn't see the links you provided, until after the fact, and so I don't know to whom you attributed the response.

Confusion of intent happens for readers when then can't complete the image writers intended without the proper guidance.

Deleted member 42

Dude, that's not "you"= Spooky, that's the generic you, the one antiquarians indicate by "one": Rep Points "one" doesn't wish to see. As in:

Delarege said:
If you have rep point that you really don't want to look at...say, the giver just gives you the heebeegeebees or said something offensive...can you delete it?

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
Dude, that's not "you"= Spooky, that's the generic you, the one antiquarians indicate by "one": Rep Points "one" doesn't wish to see. As in:
OMG! Lisa, you crack me up. I give up, you win. Have a nice night. Me, spooky, not dude. :D

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
One is most amused by this thread.

Pat~

Luftmensch Emeritus, A.D.D.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

I've deleted a thread (I was the OP) in which I got a few rep points, and the points and comments disappeared.

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
You definitely, definitely don't need any more coffee...

Deleted member 42

I've deleted a thread (I was the OP) in which I got a few rep points, and the points and comments disappeared.

That's because you didn't actually delete the thread; you merely soft-deleted it. It's a technical thang.

Status
Not open for further replies.