Status
Not open for further replies.

ccarver30

Nicole Castro
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
my story is not that good. It needs a serious revamp/retooling. I guess better to see this than after it is in print! LOL
I love my characters and the plot is good, but I think it needs to be executed better. Also, I am thinking I could combine my WIP and my "completed" novel in to one- maybe then it will meet the guidelines for length! :)

/end randomness

Petroglyph

gestating a plot
Registered
Reaction score
:Hug2: :Hug2:

I have days where I think my stuff is pretty good and days when I think it is crap. So...this feeling might pass.

Pass it to some readers who will be honest with you. Sometimes people will really surprise you with their feedback. A friend read my first 50 pages last night and my only expectation was that she might be mildly entertained. She gave it back to me with some great edits and even >sob!< pointed out one section that is quite s-l-o-w and questioned whether it moves the plot forward. :poke: I think she's been lurking on AW!!! So, honest feedback might help you be more objective.

If after taking time to reflect and get feedback from others, you still feel that way, then make it better if you can or totally revamp if you should or go on to something completely new if you must.

But I think you really must keep at this writing thing because I really enjoy seeing your avatar around. ;)

ccarver30

Nicole Castro
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
But I think you really must keep at this writing thing because I really enjoy seeing your avatar around.

LOL! Yes, me too! :)

I have had some people read it and they liked it up until the end- they said everything culminated too fast.

The only problem with the combo thing is that my timeline will get all jacked up. In #2, one of my MC's goes away for almost a year, but in #1 he has to be there for the finale. I can't combine and have the timeline work. D'oh!

ink wench

ray of motherf#%&ing sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
my story is not that good. It needs a serious revamp/retooling. I guess better to see this than after it is in print! LOL
I love my characters and the plot is good, but I think it needs to be executed better. Also, I am thinking I could combine my WIP and my "completed" novel in to one- maybe then it will meet the guidelines for length! :)

/end randomness

Ah, my first novel was like that. I still love the plot and the characters, but I was never happy with the execution. Right now it, and its 2 sequels, are being neglected because I just couldn't stand working on it anymore. I hope you don't burnout on it like I did!

I'd give some serious thought to combining, and if you go for it, definitely keep a copy of the originals. Maybe clear your head from the project for a few days and work on something else; time away helps me gain perspective. Good luck!

ccarver30

Nicole Castro
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Ha ha, mine also has 2 sequels! Hell! I really like my WIP though and it def. has a different flavor than my first novel. I think it has a lot more description and imagery. I am def. sick of looking at the first. Blah.
Thanks for the words of encouragement! ;)

joyce

I'm really shy...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thoughtsfromthecave.blogspot.com
I feel your frustration. Put the thing away for a little bit then maybe when you look at again you will feel inspired. I'm so sick of the manuscript I'm sending out now it isn't even funny. I like the plot and the characters, but everytime I look at it I see something else I could change. It makes me feel crazy. I just need to put mine away because it slows down the process of my WIP. Good luck. Hey.....if you need any really cool sex scenes just call me the last agent told me I write them really well. LOL

ccarver30

Nicole Castro
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
I feel your frustration. Put the thing away for a little bit then maybe when you look at again you will feel inspired. I'm so sick of the manuscript I'm sending out now it isn't even funny. I like the plot and the characters, but everytime I look at it I see something else I could change. It makes me feel crazy. I just need to put mine away because it slows down the process of my WIP. Good luck. Hey.....if you need any really cool sex scenes just call me the last agent told me I write them really well. LOL

As I read in your other post!

Status
Not open for further replies.