Status
Not open for further replies.

Pike

Chivalry ain't dead
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.spikeo.bravejournal.com
Anyone else here have a Juno e-mail account? Have any trouble of late? I have. For the past week I have received a handful of e-mails, most of which were Juno Partner ads - their way of paying for the free e-mail service by spamming their accounts with crap you never wanted in the first place. I went to my wife's AOL account and sent me e-mails, and never received them. I sent out e-mails to her account, and she never received them. All of this while I was in communication with an editor considering my work for pub.

Now, I have to wonder if the other subs I sent out in the last month made it and if there has been any replies since then. This has to be one of the most aggrivating roadblocks I've hit. I'd take a string of rejections over not knowing if anyone is even looing at my work. Arrrrrrggh! (in my best Charlie Brown impression)

And before you ask, I have sent out a compaint to Juno about this problem so I'll wait and see while I switch to the other account to keep up my momentum.

Pike

Jamesaritchie

Registered
Reaction score
Juno

I've tried Juno two or three times, and, honestly, I think it's far and away the worst e-mail system out there.

janetbellinger

Registered
Reaction score
Speaking of Juno, has anybody submitted to Juno Books? My submission keeps getting returned by Hotmail as undelieverable. I've checked their email address and submission guidelines and they do accept email queries

Sassenach

5 W's & an H
Registered
Reaction score
If you want a GMail account, PM me. I've been using GMail for 3+ years and find it very dependable.

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
guerrillawarfareforwriters.blogspot.com
Janet,

I was last in contact with Paula Guran at Juno on Feb 17th of this year, with several email back-and-forths. I don't know what has happened to their sub process lately, unless they are totally innundated, which I presume might have happened. They are a new imprint of Prime, and gaining legs very fast. My agent and I are going to hit them up again very soon, so I'm a bit concerned myself.

Tri

Pike

Chivalry ain't dead
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Hey, what about my beef? You guys are rolling off the subject like a doughnut carelessly tossed from a tray.

Mmmmm.... Doughnuts....

Where the hell was I? Oh yeah, doughnuts. No, it was something hotter then that. Juno books? Obviously not the ISP people. I saw Paula's name mentioned. Do they publish horror perhaps?

And a small update: They must have gotten my bitch letter because today I received my first AW post update e-mail in over a week. It's so nice to stay in the loop.

Best of luck Janet on your submission. Hopefully you get it in to them soon; the returned e-mail thing would drive me insane.

Pike

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
guerrillawarfareforwriters.blogspot.com
Sorry, Pike, didn't mean to roll over you there. Congrats on getting your service to respond and cleanse their wicked, wicked ways. Answer your question: I think horror might be acceptible, but they want an empowered female lead. Hell, call your horror a paranormal thriller Like I did. That gets you in the door. BTW, put a heavy romance element in there somewhere, too.

Tri

Pike

Chivalry ain't dead
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Don't worry about bowling over the thread, Tri. I was just having a little fun with the posts. Bedsides, if we put something out here that sparks needed conversations and information, such as the post Janet added, I'm all for that. Support is the name of the game and by God this site is jam packed full of support.

Paranormal thriller with strong female lead - that's a freight train genre eating up shelf space. Almost feel like I should try my hand at it, though being a consumate guy I'd probably miss the mark and make a fool of myself. Still, best of luck to all in the race. Hope to see your work on a shelf soon.

Pike

Status
Not open for further replies.