PDA

View Full Version : As a professional writer, you must chose your words carefully.

Plot Device
06-03-2007, 04:35 PM
I swear to you all, am NOT making this up! Click here and go to the SECOND paragraph from the top!

http://www.scriptsecrets.net/tips/tip157.htm

The same effort you put into a query letter to an agent goes into your letter to a production company. . . . You want this to be the most exciting pitch you can come up with, so chose your words carefully.

Hilarious!!

:roll:

(And Birol, if this doesn't belong in this forum, feel free to move it.)

Calla Lily
06-03-2007, 05:35 PM
Further proof that Spellcheck is a Tool of the Devil.

Did you notice the improper comma as well?

The world needs more anal-retentive proofreaders! (Like me.) ;)

Carrie in PA
06-03-2007, 07:52 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: Great catch!

zahra
06-03-2007, 09:31 PM
Er...'Tom Hank's haircut' , anybody? I love Tom Hank, he's such a fine actor.

Now we're being mean.

PeeDee
06-03-2007, 10:00 PM
Er...'Tom Hank's haircut' , anybody? I love Tom Hank, he's such a fine actor.

Now we're being mean.

Yeah, I liked him in The Green Mile, and....and....and....

Well. I'm out of Tom Hanks movies I like.

(You've got Mail and Sleepless in Seattle have been banned by the Articles of War)

Edit: Wait, I liked That Thing You Do a lot. Okay, two movies.

Pat~
06-04-2007, 06:14 AM
That's classic, Plot Device.

Also, under "Licking Stamps," 'features' should be feature... (issues feature)...

Maryn
06-04-2007, 10:57 PM
Wow. I know Martell from another board, and he's a decent-enough guy. Apparently not much of a proofreader, though.

Now the question becomes, do I let him know about this or bite my tongue?

Maryn, on the fence

Jamesaritchie
06-05-2007, 02:51 AM
Wow. I know Martell from another board, and he's a decent-enough guy. Apparently not much of a proofreader, though.

Maryn, on the fence

Let him know. We all make mistakes. If we want to fix them, we have to know about them.

Plot Device
06-05-2007, 03:36 AM

Maryn, on the fence

I never read that web site before in my life. I simply followed a link the other day that someone else posted to that site, offering script tips. In just one click I immediately saw that ill-chosen/badly-typed word and couldn't resist sharing it here.

If you DO tell the person who runs that site, he/she might hate me forever. So please consider that I might have an enemyship waiting for me if you do. ;)

Pat~
06-05-2007, 03:47 AM
Tell him. (A 'professional' would want to know.) Just mention you were on the site, and noticed a couple things that he might want to fix.

zahra
06-05-2007, 10:49 PM
Well, this week's 'Sunday Mirror' (national newspaper - tabloid, but still) contained this headline: 'Whats on the anti-cancer menu?' And here's me can't git no job as no proofreader.

ccarver30
06-05-2007, 11:12 PM
For the love of... LOL!!