Expedia, Travelocity, and Orbitz all get a time-out.

thethinker42

Abnormal Romance Author
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gallagherwitt.com
I just spent 2 hours trying to find a ticket to bring my piece-of-ass home 2 weeks early...what a PAIN!!!

Since his leave isn't 100% guaranteed yet, and he *may* be able to get a military flight home, it had to be a refundable ticket. AND, since he's on the ship, it had to be an E-ticket, because there's no way I can get a paper ticket to him in time (they don't guarantee delivery to FPO addresses, and it probably wouldn't get there on time).

So every damn ticket I pulled up on Travelocity, Orbitz, and Expedia was either non-refundable OR required a paper ticket...but they waited until I was halfway through checking out before telling me either of these things!!! Or better yet, I'd do a search specifically asking for refundable tickets, and find out the one I had selected was non-refundable. Fuckers.

I eventually had to go to an individual airline's website, book him a ticket from one city to another, and then went to Orbitz for the ticket from that city to home. The first ticket is non-refundable, but it was fairly cheap. And actually the second ticket wasn't nearly as expensive as it was going to be had I booked the whole thing through Orbitz.

So...all 3 websites deserve a time-out. In separate corners. And no talking to each other. One peep, and it's spankings all around (not for you, scarletpeaches). Orbitz, you get out of time-out 10 minutes earlier than the others because at least you finally GAVE ME A GODDAMN TICKET.

Now...we just wait and see if his leave gets approved. *fingers crossed*

Danger Jane

Registered
Reaction score
I think Travelocity prints the most complicated, nonsensical boarding passes known to man.

I mean who KNEW that there were THAT many serial numbers associated with ONE person's seat on a plane!

My sympathies.

ETA: Can I be Orbitz? Then, when I talk, I can get....spanked :Guitar: :Coffee:

thethinker42

Abnormal Romance Author
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gallagherwitt.com
I think Travelocity prints the most complicated, nonsensical boarding passes known to man.

I mean who KNEW that there were THAT many serial numbers associated with ONE person's seat on a plane!

My sympathies.

ETA: Can I be Orbitz? Then, when I talk, I can get....spanked :Guitar: :Coffee:

Travelocity is a huge PITA. I do like Orbitz -- I booked my last-minute trip to Guam through them, and got a SWEET deal on it. This time was just a PITA.

And no, you can't be Orbitz. No spankings for you.

Siddow

I'm super! Thanks for asking
Registered
Reaction score
You should find your P's of A closer to home.

(kidding! Hope ya'll have a great, umm, reunion.)

Dawno

Shiny!
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
someplace around here, anyone seen my keys?
I stopped using those services. I stick with one airline, build up my miles and usually get a decent price. Plus, when I use the self check kiosks at that airline, about 80% of the time they offer me a cheap upgrade to first class.

Danger Jane

Registered
Reaction score
I stopped using those services. I stick with one airline, build up my miles and usually get a decent price. Plus, when I use the self check kiosks at that airline, about 80% of the time they offer me a cheap upgrade to first class.

As a mere child I cannot do this :(

I guess I should tell you all, I'm actually only eleven. I just said I was seventeen because it sounded cool. And my name's Mildred.

thethinker42

Abnormal Romance Author
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gallagherwitt.com

We rarely fly, so frequent flyer miles would take a million years to build up. The trip to Guam wasn't a bad deal -- $800 for a roundtrip ticket from Seattle to Guam with a layover in Japan, all on about 10 days' notice. This time, it HAD to be E-tickets and it HAD to be refundable, so it was a LOT pricier and a lot more of a PITA.

But, in the end, anything to get him home ASAP...'cause Lori needs her some Eddie...

Danger Jane

Registered
Reaction score
Well then your speech patterns start to imitate theirs I can imagine they'd hold more of an attraction.