Is Perks at all ladylike?

Is Perks at all ladylike?

• Total voters

Rolling Thunder

Registered
Reaction score
Well, she is a delicate %#$*@#) flower. Or something like that.

davids

Banned
Reaction score
Yes-in the best possible way-hot-hot-intelligent-hot-hot-intelligent-well on and on we could go-now the rest of you can post your snot filled not witty respondevous-I am going to get some Dew-they say she has the most delicate of bummys!!!!

Reaction score
So you wouldn't like to know what came out of my hip that time I had an abscess then?

davids

Banned
Reaction score
Snot snot snot snot spam and snot and bums and snot and spam and bums and snot and etc etc-I am dewably feeling childishly evil-nothing knew really-sorry Perks-it was da debool what made me do it!

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
You know, I just watched '28 Weeks Later' -- great, great, terribly gory flick -- and loved it. But I had to cover my eyes when Leo taught Kate to hock over the railing of the Titanic.

I guess I am a little bit ladylike.

Danger Jane

Registered
Reaction score
I also chose the third "no"...I'd like to discuss this with Alan if he's around. See what HE saw in the third "no" that made it so unique.

For me it was just like this moment of perfect symmetry, you know, like all the planets in the universe lined up and they pointed toward "no" number three...it was incredible, it was the most beautiful, peaceful feeling, a total epiphany, I'll never see the world or Perks the same way again. My life has changed and all I want to do is think about puppies.

gp_004_O1_482335_4115_MAX_1_.jpg

Alan Yee

Still Here!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Now I want to know why Alan picked the third 'no'. Is it special? More emphatic? Less?

I guess I've always liked the number three. It's one of those numbers commonly used in old stories for symbolic purposes. There's the third denial of Christ by Peter, the Trinity, three chances before you're doomed (or turned into a goon), three wishes you have to make carefully, the idea that the third time's the charm, and other things, especially the use of repetition for emphasis.

I wasn't completely pondering the significance of picking the third one when I did it, though. Who spends five whole minutes of their life trying to pick a one-word "yes/no" choice for a silly poll? (Why are you all staring at me like that?)

Danger Jane

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah I agree. It's tough to call though--the temperature has to vary depending on age and amount of fur and all. And if it's just a puppy I've snatched off the street, or an epiphany I've snatched out of thin air, I have to make a judgment call. And sometimes it's wrong. Sometimes it's too harsh. Sometimes I go for 350 degrees when it should have been 375. You just don't always know.

Danger Jane

Registered
Reaction score
Who spends five whole minutes of their life trying to pick a one-word "yes/no" choice for a silly poll? (Why are you all staring at me like that?)

I DID.

Of course we can't all go having epiphanies willy-nilly, now can we?

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I said "Yes."

F yes. Why shouldn't women kick balls and take names later? Hmmm? It's freakin' ladylike, kay?