It's Done!

Legionsynch

Registered
Reaction score
I would just like to pass along the information that, at 11:53 pm EST on May 31st, Legionsynch (aka Scott) gave birth to his first novel. The novel weighs in at 69,811 words, and measures in at roughly 164 single spaced pages. Both child and father are doing well at the moment, though there's the pesky idea of circumcision (aka editting) due to take place over the next two weeks.

In other words, not only did I meet my goal by having it done by May 31st, but I've actually finished something I started.

YAAY.

Sorry, just had to pass that along.

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats to the happy father and healthy child. That's super and fun way to put it!

Mel

Never be completely back to normal.
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations! Now take a little rest. Birthing is hard work!

CaroGirl

Living the dream
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations! That's a huge accomplishment that's worthy of a celebration. Indulge in at least one scotch and one cigar before you move on to the circumcision portion. Well done!

KingRat

Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations. It seems like only a month ago that I finished my first novel. Well, actually, that'd be about right.

Legionsynch

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for all the good wishes.

It's a great feeling, and I've been bouncing around for the last day, thanks to it. That's one goal down. Now it's just a matter of getting through the revisions, which I'm thinking are going to be fairly intense. Fun, though.

WordGypsy

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.leahclifford.com
Go, Boy!!! You're awesome! Can't wait till I can post this too...so long to go though! Enjoy a bottle of barefoot and some leftover pizza!

Williebee

Capeless, wingless, & yet I fly.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ifoundaknife.com
Outstanding! You have accomplished a mighty thing, much more rare than hanging out on these forums might make it feel.

You are hereby awarded the right, nay, obligation, to tell the next ten people you see that you wrote a novel. (It takes about that many for the feeling of audacity to fade.)