Summer shows

kristie911

Happy to be here
Registered
Reaction score
It may be the time of the year for some of our favorite shows to go on hiatus...but there's plenty of shows just starting their summer runs.

Ghost Hunters on Sci-fi will be starting their new shows June 6th! I'm very excited. I love those TAPS guys. :)

And Friday Most Haunted on the Travel Channel will be telecasting a 7 hour live investigation from Eastern State Prison in Philidelphia. I believe that will be the beginning of their new season.

Several other cable stations will be starting new shows and new seasons...

What are your favorite summer shows?

MidnightMuse

Midnight Reading
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I like The Closer, that starts up in June. And yes, I admit - there's a reality show I do watch . . . Top Chef. For some reason I get a real kick out of that - it starts up next week.

And there's always Baseball :D

zahra

Was Zahra; lost profile - REBORN!
Registered
Reaction score
I think it's funny that in the US, shows all stop around the same time (ish) and then start again after a haitus. Like the end of term...In the UK, they all end whenever they end.

E.G. Gammon

Registered
Reaction score
I'm anticipating the return of Weeds this August. And while I'm not usually a fan of reality shows, I'm such a huge fan of Kathy Griffin that I can't help but watch and love her reality show on Bravo called "Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List." It's returning this coming Tuesday following a brand new stand-up special of her's. Other than that, I'm not much of a TV fan during the summer. (I guess I save all my energy for the fall)

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Kristie, I am going to say Mythbusters. I don't know for a fact that it is a "summer show" but they haven't been running new ones. Last night they did. We also like Dirty Jobs, which is also on Discovery, so I'll guess it is a summer show.
I think it's funny that in the US, shows all stop around the same time (ish) and then start again after a haitus. Like the end of term...In the UK, they all end whenever they end.
zahra, when I was a kid, there were very definite seasons, and every show started on the same week and ended on the same week, and we had reruns in summer. now it is becoming more of a free for all, with short seasons, and split seasons with reruns in the middle. It is a mess. My husband tells me when new shows are on. Otherwise I would miss them.

MidnightMuse

Midnight Reading
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'll tell you what drives ME nuts - the SciFi channel ! They have this habit of starting a season in summer, showing 11 or 12 episodes, then taking several months off and coming back in winter to "finish off" the season with the final 11 or 12 episodes !

Makes me crazy. I remember the days Sassypants mentioned - seasons that started on X date, ended on Y date, and reran throughout the summer.

Now if it weren't for TiVo, I'd miss everything.

plaidearthworm

Rock and Squiggle
Registered
Reaction score
Ghost Hunters, yay! Can't wait, especially since they ended the season overseas in mid-hunt. They came to my hometown a couple of years ago and set up at the hotel my hubby and I were staying at for our anniversary, which was pretty cool.

I'm also looking forward to Eureka on Sci-Fi--I loved that show!

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
PBS! WhooHooo. I can't wait for the re-run of the African lion series they had on a few months ago.

Danger Jane

Registered
Reaction score
PBS! WhooHooo. I can't wait for the re-run of the African lion series they had on a few months ago.

:cry:I weep for you.

TOP CHEF!!!

Kyle XY is a guilty pleasure...it's no Heroes, but it's cool all the same.

MAN VS WILD is coming back in two weeks and I can't lie I can't, Bear Grylls is THE. MAN. He is THE MAN. I loved that one episode in the Alps where he jumped into the frozen lake to show you how not to freeze to death and he took off all his clothes and did naked push-ups to get circulation again.

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yay, for Man Vs. Wild! I adore Bear Grylls (although he's no Mike Rowe ;))

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
Yay, for Man Vs. Wild! I adore Bear Grylls (although he's no Mike Rowe ;))
PBS had a program on last month about bees coming from Mexico to Arizona. That was a very interesting show. I wish they'd bring it back for the summer re-runs.

MidnightMuse

Midnight Reading
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh man, how could I forget Eureka ? Yes, I'm looking forward to that one :) That show has just the right amount of quirk and a nice blend of non-cliche'd characters.

kristie911

Happy to be here
Registered
Reaction score
MAN VS WILD is coming back in two weeks and I can't lie I can't, Bear Grylls is THE. MAN. He is THE MAN. I loved that one episode in the Alps where he jumped into the frozen lake to show you how not to freeze to death and he took off all his clothes and did naked push-ups to get circulation again.

OMG! I didn't realize it was starting back up again! I love Bear. He's adorable and little bit crazy.

And yes, my heart too did pitter patters during the Alps episode. :)

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
I find it weird that you wouldn't start all your shows at the same time.

The start of the new television season has always been a much anticipated event in September here, like New Year's or something. Some of my favorite memories as a child are of looking forward to a whole slew of new shows.

Granted, they never lived up to the hype or expectation.

Still...

That said, I have no idea what shows are coming out for summer. Is there some guide that tells about these things? I'll have to go by what you guys have said, so...

I'm looking forward to the new season of Ghost Hunters.

And is Most Haunted that show with the psychics going around "feeling" the spirits and being "psychically" attacked and such? I hate that show. We, as the viewers, never see squat but they're always going, "There's an evil presence here. And it's biting my right earlobe! Ow! The pain! I'm in such pain!" and everyone else is going, "Oh, a ghost is attacking us! Oh! Oh!"

Right. :rolleyes

kristie911

Happy to be here
Registered
Reaction score
LOL! Yeah, the Most Haunted crew is a bit annoying. They're always hearing knocking and such...but sometimes they get some cool things on tape. After watching the TAPS crew on Ghost Hunters, it's hard to take the Most Haunted people seriously. But I'm still giving them a chance...I do like their Most Haunted Live shows. And this years Live show is from a prison the TAPS guys also investigated, so I'm curious to see if they get some of the same things.