Manuscript protocol?

Status
Not open for further replies.

althrasher

Prodigal Muser
Registered
Reaction score
I'm pretty new to all of this, so I was hoping someone could help me. Is there a website or something that goes over the general guidelines in terms of formatting and the like for query letters and manuscripts? I would hate to look like an idiot for doing something so simple wrong...
If this is in wrong thread section, let me know; like I said, I'm pretty new to all of this.
Thank you!

Siddow

I'm super! Thanks for asking
Registered
Reaction score
There's a manuscript format sticky in the Novels board, but another place I like lots is www.shunn.net/format.

And don't worry; we were all new at one time. You've come to the right place, stick around! Ask lots of questions, and use the search function at the top of each board to see if the topic has been covered. Sometimes you can get your questions answered without even asking them, and learn something else you didn't even think about in the meanwhile.

Last edited:

Siddow

I'm super! Thanks for asking
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, oh, another place that's good for query letters is www.evileditor.blogspot.com. Not really for format, but for content. You can see what a real live editor (evil as he is) thinks about the content of real query letters, and how he would improve them. Plus, he's funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.