Western Ebooks and Small Presses

AnneMarble

Nefarious Ghost Fan
Registered
Reaction score
Website
gorokandwulf.blogspot.com
I'm asking more as a reader than as a writer, but I'm thinking this could be useful to writers of Westerns as well...

Are there any independent ebook publishers that put out good Westerns? The big name publishers put out only a smattering of Westerns in ebook formats. The indie ebook publishers put out some Westerns, but I'm not sure which ones are good publishers and which ones should be avoided.(Also, Fictionwise.com puts the Westerns under Historical instead of a separate category, making it hard to find them. Grr. :tongue eReader has more Westerns, but I don't buy in Palm format anymore.)

Also, what are the reputable small presses that put out Westerns?

JeanneTGC

I *am* Catwoman...and Gini Koch
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ginikoch.com
Are you looking for straight Westerns, or what I'd call genre-blends, where they're more romance focused (as an example)? I can probably come up with some decent romance ones (being a member of the RWA does have its advantages), but not sure about straight Western. Penguin, however, might have something.

AnneMarble

Nefarious Ghost Fan
Registered
Reaction score
Website
gorokandwulf.blogspot.com
Are you looking for straight Westerns, or what I'd call genre-blends, where they're more romance focused (as an example)? I can probably come up with some decent romance ones (being a member of the RWA does have its advantages), but not sure about straight Western. Penguin, however, might have something.
I guess both, but mostly straight Westerns. Although romance Western recommendations would be nice as they're harder to find in print these days. (And when they were easier to find, most of them were the types I didn't like.)

These days it seems the only romance Westerns published with any regularity are erotic romances and male/male romances. :D